Callum O'Dowda - Confirmed to Bristol City

Srg

17 minutes ago, Stimacked said:

Not in the starting line up for Oxford today against Swansea. He's on the bench. Apparently they are unchanged, which suggests he's a fringe player to them, or a move is on the cards?

Don't think it would mean a move is necessarily on the cards. Isn't the rumour that they would be keeping him for the season as part of any deal? Therefore he may as well be starting

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Stimacked said:

Not in the starting line up for Oxford today against Swansea. He's on the bench. Apparently they are unchanged, which suggests he's a fringe player to them, or a move is on the cards?

On the Oxford forum they were debating over how much they'd get for him. One poster suggested 500k at max because he doesn't even start every game for them so isn't ready for anything higher than League 2 yet.

1 hour ago, dajstrawb said:

Don't think it would mean a move is necessarily on the cards. Isn't the rumour that they would be keeping him for the season as part of any deal? Therefore he may as well be starting

Yes but would anyone splash the cash if he got a bad injury? If we do put an offer in then we should leave him at oxford for rest of the season

I've a soft spot for Oxford. Once upon a time I lived there, working for a certain Robert Maxwell who was Chair of both them and us. Had free tickets to the Manor Ground every other week.

They mostly reckon O'Dowda's their second best player after the older Roofe (who scored today). I like the look of him a lot, but he's not going to get a game with us just yet, espeically with our reinforcements, so I hope we take him a loan him back for the rest of the season to help them get promoted.

Archived