Derby County v Fulham

Day

8 hours ago, Tombo said:

Incredibly, because my mum works on Christmas Day, we're having our family Christmas on Boxing Day.

Luckily since three of her sons all go to the football together every week, my mum is understanding that we can't miss the game. So we meet at HQ (parents' house) in the morning, exchange gifts, have a nice Christmas breakfast, go to the game with my brothers still wearing the paper hats, come back and celebrate a Derby win with turkey and wine with the family.

Potential to be a good day.

Your Mum is Santa and I claim my £5 Amazon voucher. 

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fulham's last 8 games:

W0 D4 L4 F10 A19 PTS 4 GD -9

Rams last 8 games:

W5 D2 L1 F12 A3 PTS 17 GD +9

So we’ve scored more and conceded considerably less in that period. However, you can't underestimate any team that scores as many goals as they have this season

They've had some big defeats:

Wolves (0-3)

Birmingham (2-5)

Florist (0-3)

....but also some big wins:

QPR (4-0)

Bristol C (4-1)

Reading (4-2)

Their last win and last away win though was that Bristol City game above in late October. Results since then:

Burnley (a) L 1-3

Birmingham (h) L 2-5

MK Dons (a) D 1-1

Preston (h) D 1-1

Forest (a) L 0-3

Brentford (h) D 2-2

Ipswich (h) L 1-2

Bolton (a) D 2-2

From BBC: I love stats me

Derby have won only three of their last 16 matches played on Boxing Day (D5 L8).

The Cottagers have won just one of their last 10 Boxing Day fixtures (D4 L5), versus Norwich in 2013.

Derby have scored in 22 of their last 23 home league clashes with Fulham.

The Rams are unbeaten in six league matches, a run only Middlesbrough can equal currently (W4 D2). They have kept five clean sheets in this run.

Since the start of the 2013/14 season, Ross McCormack has been involved in 79 goals (57 goals, 22 assists) more than any other player in the Championship.

When you look at the last six match results for the top,six teams, it looks like Boro and the Rams powering on while others falter. As we all know, winning Boxing Day fixtures can be tricky but I think that if we get the first goal, we will finish Fulham off, no problem.If Brentford can get a draw against Boro and Hull draw with Burnley, that would be extremely welcome. I do believe that Boro and ourselves are now the best two teams but we have to win the games, not just predict results. Clement wants us to remain unbeaten but I think that he really means two wins and adraw against Boro. I would take a draw against Boro now. Leeds will be very combative and a 0 -0 may occur, but I think that we have a good rest between these games. Let us hope thta Clement is not tempted to play any first teamers against Hartlepool. I would simply say to the squad players that the FA Cup is your domain, see what you can do. The FA Cup can only be a distraction at best. The quicker that we are out of the FA Cup and injury free, the better it is for me. We must focus entirely on promotion.

Sky Sports News - Bournemouth, Fulham and Florist break FFP threshold of £6 million. If you overspent by £10 million that is £16 million in all, you pay 80% of the £10 million back. The next £10 million after that you pay 100% back. Bournemouth are expected to get hit to the maximum because they got promotion out of it. I am sure that they will not be bothered. Did QPR pay anything back? I am not sure that they did. What did the Football League do with any cash that they got back from FFP overspends?

Must be an excellent time to drop in a cheeky bid for McCormack who is my top target by a mile. His wages at Fulham must be very high, however. I think that Ross would jump at the chance if we match is wages. We are well placed, in second position  with a full stadium to attract any player who who would consider dropping to the Championship for half a season. A full stadium with 32,000 fans is preferable to a 40,000 capacity stadium with 32,000 fans.

Forest still on transfer embargo till end of season. They can have one in and one out of similar value for each transfer, so they cannot increase their number of players.What a shame.

9 minutes ago, Rampage said:

When you look at the last six match results for the top,six teams, it looks like Boro and the Rams powering on while others falter. As we all know, winning Boxing Day fixtures can be tricky but I think that if we get the first goal, we will finish Fulham off, no problem.If Brentford can get a draw against Boro and Hull draw with Burnley, that would be extremely welcome. I do believe that Boro and ourselves are now the best two teams but we have to win the games, not just predict results. Clement wants us to remain unbeaten but I think that he really means two wins and adraw against Boro. I would take a draw against Boro now. Leeds will be very combative and a 0 -0 may occur, but I think that we have a good rest between these games. Let us hope thta Clement is not tempted to play any first teamers against Hartlepool. I would simply say to the squad players that the FA Cup is your domain, see what you can do. The FA Cup can only be a distraction at best. The quicker that we are out of the FA Cup and injury free, the better it is for me. We must focus entirely on promotion.

Sky Sports News - Bournemouth, Fulham and Florist break FFP threshold of £6 million. If you overspent by £10 million that is £16 million in all, you pay 80% of the £10 million back. The next £10 million after that you pay 100% back. Bournemouth are expected to get hit to the maximum because they got promotion out of it. I am sure that they will not be bothered. Did QPR pay anything back? I am not sure that they did. What did the Football League do with any cash that they got back from FFP overspends?

Must be an excellent time to drop in a cheeky bid for McCormack who is my top target by a mile. His wages at Fulham must be very high, however. I think that Ross would jump at the chance if we match is wages. We are well placed, in second position  with a full stadium to attract any player who who would consider dropping to the Championship for half a season. A full stadium with 32,000 fans is preferable to a 40,000 capacity stadium with 32,000 fans.

Forest still on transfer embargo till end of season. They can have one in and one out of similar value for each transfer, so they cannot increase their number of players.What a shame.

Brentford will do very well to get a draw against Boro considering they are playing Brighton ;)

Merry Christmas to you all. 

Fulham now restricted on transfers, apparently on same basis as Florist. I think that this means that if they sold us McCormack for 8.5 million they could  spend all of that money but not increase their number of players at the end of their transactions. Worse than that they are expected to exchange quality for quality in terms of transfer value. 

Should be a comfortable home win ,bookies tend to think so,let's hope once conti yes with his impressive recent form.as a player on players wages you would think every day is Christmas being  able to afford a lifestyle and want for very little,I suspect the cream on the cake for any player worth their salt would be a home win and possibility of going top over crimbo next two games very winable

I wonder if we will see 4-2-3-1 again for this one?

...............................................Grant.........................................

Christie...........Keogh...............................Shackell............Warnock

...........................Thorne.........................Johnson.....................

......Russell.............................Ince...........................Weimann.......

................................................Bent.........................................

I've got my very first season ticket! Only a half one/fan,of course. In the 64 yrs since I first watched the Rams, various combinations of finance,distance, health and time have  meant I could never have one. I can't begin to tell you how excited I am to watch a game from my own seat!

2 minutes ago, archram said:

I've got my very first season ticket! Only a half one/fan,of course. In the 64 yrs since I first watched the Rams, various combinations of finance,distance, health and time have  meant I could never have one. I can't begin to tell you how excited I am to watch a game from my own seat!

Well done archram. This is an historic season, we hope.

This is the season to be jolly.....

On the first day of Xmas.....three points

Good King Clement last looked out... and the Rams were top.

Sam, enchanted evening

Wishing you all a Melly, Melly Xmas

I know, not my best work. I know, I said, I know, didn't I ?

18 hours ago, Stoneyram69 said:

Merry xmas fellow rams fans 

I am now as I new user but being using this site for years. 

Lost my username and log in 

3-0 derby win Martin - ince 2

Hope your right, but when we played them away last season we weren't that bright. Hope we don't underestimate them, 1-0 will do me fine.

Archived