Depression, anxiety, stress and other related issues

Mostyn6

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, coneheadjohn said:

That's good mate.

I hadn't seen you post so was hoping you were ok.

Be interested to know about the stress course,understand if you want to keep it private.

How's your physical health?

Lads not doing great,we're down to Birmingham in the morning to see if we can find a way forward.

Cheers.

Just realised the start date is one week before my next holiday so not sure of the value of starting it and missing a week, will have to speak to them.

I am ok (ish) will see what changes to meds has done thursday, hopefully still be ok.

Hope you get some success tomorrow.

As a newcomer to the forum, I've only just stumbled upon this topic.

I've gone back a bit to see people speak about their problems and instead of it bringing me down, it's actually done the opposite.

It's great to see people supporting each other especially when mental health issues still face such a stigma. 

Long may it continue.

If anyone needs someone talk to then anonymously over the internet is sometimes the best way.

• 2 weeks later...
Sith Happens

I am due to return to work on a 'phased return' basis on monday. Have set up a meeting with my line manager to discuss monday to see how we can take it forward.

Very nervous about returning, have been better recently but have been getting plenty of rest, going to ask that certainly initially my work is split between working from home and in the office, maybe 3 days a week home and 2 in, not sure yet. I can feel myself getting more anxious the closer I am to returning to work.

Its realy hard to say if my reduced meds, or the rest has seen me improve, although this week until yesterday I was really fatigued, its so hard to judge as it comes and goes and this is what makes it very stressful as its hard to explain to people, i still think most people consider fatigue to be 'feeling a bit tired' but its so much more than that.

Also going to ask about the possibility of a reducing the responsibilities I have for a period of time as i return.

I start my Cognitive Behaviour Therapy sessions in August so I hope that this will be ok with work as it will be in working hours, they last for 7 weeks.

sad news today that the lead singer of Linkin Park, Chester Bennington, at age 41, took his own life. Whilst I don't consider myself a fan of them as a whole, I was proper into a couple of their songs, but that is by-the-by.

I hope all those that have contributed, and those that haven't felt comfortable enough to yet post on this thread are doing well mentally.

Remember, it's okay and normal to have feelings that go against what you're supposed to feel. Please talk to someone, anyone, even if it hurts! It's gonna hurt you a lot less to open up, than it would hurt your loved ones if you made a decision as drastic as Chester Bennington has.

I'll put this here, my (cyber) friend drew it, he's a cartoonist:-

3 hours ago, Moist One said:

sad news today that the lead singer of Linkin Park, Chester Bennington, at age 41, took his own life. Whilst I don't consider myself a fan of them as a whole, I was proper into a couple of their songs, but that is by-the-by.

I hope all those that have contributed, and those that haven't felt comfortable enough to yet post on this thread are doing well mentally.

Remember, it's okay and normal to have feelings that go against what you're supposed to feel. Please talk to someone, anyone, even if it hurts! It's gonna hurt you a lot less to open up, than it would hurt your loved ones if you made a decision as drastic as Chester Bennington has.

Linkin park were a band I could really relate to during my darkest days, I remember a stage when I was 13, getting bullied at school that I really did think about suicide.

Linkin park amongst others offered me a release from it all, it was almost like the songs were written for people with depression (after the sad news today maybe they were) 

Listening back to the songs tonight the signs are obviously there yet I was oblivious until it was too late, talking and being open really is the best policy people.

ive said it before on here and I'll say it again if you feel you can't talk to people you know about it then I'm here. I've been there. 

RIP Chester ??

Sith Happens

Agree with @Moist One and @Ramslad1992 its so important to talk to someone. When I had my conversation with my GP and she said she wanted to refer me for counselling I didnt feel like it was something bad I felt like a massive weight had been lifted off my shoulders.

What I would say is being a listener is just as important, and possibly even a harder thing to do than being the one talking. Sometimes when you are the listener there isnt a right thing to say, sometimes as a listener you might get things said to you you dont like, its hard.

I know myself I was looking for reasons to become annoyed or say mean things, its not nice and I feel bad for it. Patience is a massive thing if you are the listener.

11 hours ago, Moist One said:

Spot on Moist one.

On 21/07/2017 at 08:58, Paul71 said:

Agree with @Moist One and @Ramslad1992 its so important to talk to someone. When I had my conversation with my GP and she said she wanted to refer me for counselling I didnt feel like it was something bad I felt like a massive weight had been lifted off my shoulders.

What I would say is being a listener is just as important, and possibly even a harder thing to do than being the one talking. Sometimes when you are the listener there isnt a right thing to say, sometimes as a listener you might get things said to you you dont like, its hard.

I know myself I was looking for reasons to become annoyed or say mean things, its not nice and I feel bad for it. Patience is a massive thing if you are the listener.

Have you gone back to work mate,how did it go?How are you going?

Sith Happens
11 hours ago, coneheadjohn said:

Have you gone back to work mate,how did it go?How are you going?

I have yes, its going ok so far. Doing a very phased return to be re-assessed every week.

Have done just mornings so far, 3 in the office and 2 at home. Sounds crazy but was shattered come the end of the week. Need to take it step by step.

Hope things are ok with you and your lad.

Doesn't sound crazy,it's really difficult to even get yourself into work when you've had or are suffering stress or depression.

So well done for getting in and doing it.

Cheers for asking about Joel,I'll update it when I have some more definite information.

Edited by coneheadjohn

On 6/30/2017 at 21:12, coneheadjohn said:

Is everyone doing ok?

@Paul71,

@HuddersRam

Everyone else?

Apologies for the late reply. 

Not really improved I'm afraid. I've been doing a few different things and am currently on no medication, I just don't have a clue what's wrong with me. I was diagnosed with Depression and Anxiety back a couple of months ago but having looked online, I'm pretty certain I have OCD too - a nice little collection of issues!

Have gone from the intrusive thoughts about no end of things - relationship mainly - with a load of anxiety, to not feeling that anxiety anymore. I know they're not true but having battled it for two months, things are pretty dark at the minute. I'm finding myself get more and more irritated by everyone around me, including my girlfriend unfortunately. I've done a great job at isolating myself from all friendships and keeping myself firmly to myself. 

Still seeing a counsellor once a week but don't feel that delving back into my childhood is solving anything whatsoever. Trying to get anything done through the NHS is proving difficult and I'm just finding myself in a never ending rut of waking up feeling ok, then quickly going further downhill throughout the rest of the day. Constantly find myself living in my own brain, worrying about things, convincing myself I'm living a lie in the relationship. I've come across a form of OCD that targets this particularly and recognise I've probably suffered from general OCD for years without thinking much of it. 

Hope everyone else is doing ok. 

2 hours ago, HuddersRam said:

Not really improved I'm afraid. I've been doing a few different things and am currently on no medication, I just don't have a clue what's wrong with me. I was diagnosed with Depression and Anxiety back a couple of months ago but having looked online, I'm pretty certain I have OCD too - a nice little collection of issues!

Have gone from the intrusive thoughts about no end of things - relationship mainly - with a load of anxiety, to not feeling that anxiety anymore. I know they're not true but having battled it for two months, things are pretty dark at the minute. I'm finding myself get more and more irritated by everyone around me, including my girlfriend unfortunately. I've done a great job at isolating myself from all friendships and keeping myself firmly to myself. 

Still seeing a counsellor once a week but don't feel that delving back into my childhood is solving anything whatsoever. Trying to get anything done through the NHS is proving difficult and I'm just finding myself in a never ending rut of waking up feeling ok, then quickly going further downhill throughout the rest of the day. Constantly find myself living in my own brain, worrying about things, convincing myself I'm living a lie in the relationship. I've come across a form of OCD that targets this particularly and recognise I've probably suffered from general OCD for years without thinking much of it. 

Thanks for replying mate,sorry to hear you're not ok but good that you're being so honest.

I'll have a think about it whilst I'm on the coach to Northampton.

Cheers.?

On 25/07/2017 at 13:48, HuddersRam said:

Just keep coming on and posting mate,keep us up to speed,good or bad how you're doing.

Always a good soul on here to listen,give advice or words of wisdom.

I have been going through some stuff the past month or so that has really gotten me down, and I am doing my best on a daily basis to keep it together and be as normal and as happy as I can. However, it has started to effect some of my work and even some of my family members has noticed that my demeanor and general cheerfulness has waned.

What I am dealing with now is stress from several different things: Relationship wise, finance wise, etc. It is just hard to get up and be focused on what I need to do to get through the day anymore. I hate feeling like this in that not really caring much about anything including myself, and don't know what to do to help me get through this and back to being my normal self.

I hope everyone else is doing ok and taking care of themselves;  hopefully this funk I am in will go away soon.

14 hours ago, AmericanRam said:

I have been going through some stuff the past month or so that has really gotten me down, and I am doing my best on a daily basis to keep it together and be as normal and as happy as I can. However, it has started to effect some of my work and even some of my family members has noticed that my demeanor and general cheerfulness has waned.

What I am dealing with now is stress from several different things: Relationship wise, finance wise, etc. It is just hard to get up and be focused on what I need to do to get through the day anymore. I hate feeling like this in that not really caring much about anything including myself, and don't know what to do to help me get through this and back to being my normal self.

I hope everyone else is doing ok and taking care of themselves;  hopefully this funk I am in will go away soon.

4 hours ago, ketteringram said:

@AmericanRam 

Hopefully just a blip! Maybe try and isolate the issues, and deal or try to deal with one at a time. Could be one of them, that's creating the others. Keep posting. 

I agree with this advice. If you have a mental list of issues, simply write them down. Then visit each one and write down a goal/ideal situation you'd prefer to be in, but the key is to be realistic. Life IS challenging, nobody is totally content with life as the brain doesn't work that way. You'll be surprised that once you written and analysed things, the list of problems, becomes a smaller list of problems and a list of life and you'll feel a bit better.

PistoldPete2
20 hours ago, AmericanRam said:

Sure it will pass AR. Nothing is ever as bad as it seems.

Sith Happens
On 04/08/2017 at 21:27, AmericanRam said:

I dont know what options you have there but when I sat down and talked to my GP and she said she felt i was showing signs of stress and anxiety it was like a massive weight had been lifted. I start my sessions on the 21st August and its been a great help to me knowing help is at hand.

I have no idea if its going to help in the long run but its a positive for me to know its not all in my head and people arent telling me 'to pull myself together'.

Hope things improve for you and dont be afraid to talk to people about how you feel.

Thanks for the kind words and input gents.I am still not back to my full self as it were, but am better than I was.I have been talking over past couple of days to a good friend of mine and he has been very helpful.

Relationship wise is still not good but hopefully will get better; I just get quite lonely a lot of the time.I love my dogs,friends and family, but also want a lady to share my life with.Past relationship did not end well and this lady I have been talking too seems and acts interested but not sure.

Anyway, again thanks for the input, very much appreciated.:)