The prodigal son returns (to Burton) Ronnie book update.

-JW-

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

A simple comment on here GStar?

I've been on here every day reading hte thread. Have you seen some of the garbage that's been spouted towards me even when I don't post?

Have you seen how many fools have accused me of setting up accounts under different names cos a poster has an opinion they don't agree with?

Did you see me getting banned for daring to question Clement? 

I stopped posting on here for a reason. I've never been scared and I've never hidden anything with the book, the donators all of my email address, anyone who contacts me gets an update.

I appreciate it's poor form that they have to chase me, but posting updates on forums to have the piss taken by site admin.. no thanks.

I have t-shirts . posters and pics bought for all those who donated. As I've offered before, those can be sent at any time.

Anyone who wants their money back can have it and they'll still get their book and their reward.

12 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

I've been on here every day reading hte thread. Have you seen some of the garbage that's been spouted towards me even when I don't post?

Have you seen how many fools have accused me of setting up accounts under different names cos a poster has an opinion they don't agree with?

I stopped posting on here for a reason. I've never been scared and I've never hidden anything with the book, the donators all of my email address, anyone who contacts me gets an update.

I appreciate it's poor form that they have to chase me, but posting updates on forums to have the piss taken by site admin.. no thanks.

I have t-shirts . posters and pics bought for all those who donated. As I've offered before, those can be sent at any time.

Anyone who wants their money back can have it and they'll still get their book and their reward.

you've got everyone's attention why not now give an update. Out of interest how do you know how much was donated from people on this forum? People could have donated under their real name not their username.

10 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

Fair enough, but I still think people who have donated to hear nothing would have the right to fear the worst.

As I said I apologise and retract what I said. I hope no offence caused.

1 minute ago, davenportram said:

you've got everyone's attention why not now give an update. Out of interest how do you know how much was donated from people on this forum? People could gave donated under their real name not their username.

Also does that mean you ripped the gumps off more??

A process of elimination. I'm not sure what people think but in total 36 people donated.

I took out all of the family and friends, I took out the 6 Forest fans, I took out the "non-payers" 

I looked at who had contacted me to ask for an update and I assumed the rest was from here - I might have slightly over estimated the amount.

The update is, there is no concrete date. Hence why I haven't said anything. I broke my promises twice already and daren't promise again.

I do know it's been a disaster from my side.

I'm struggling to get it over the line - mostly my fault but partly down to the partners I chose to finish the project with.

As I've said a couple of times, the book itself is finished and I've not touched it or tweaked it for months.

It's in black and white on here as well that every single donator will get an additional reward as an apology when it finally comes out. My feeling at the moment is that I'll simply return all cash and still give the book/t-shirts.

It's caused me a lot of stress and a big part of me wishes I'd done it differently.

2 minutes ago, davenportram said:

I must remember next time time I need to avoid answering a question its okay to throw a strop and walk out.

3 of the DCFC donators contacted me directly.

2 of them insulted me so I didn't really know how to handle it.

There are 5 more who haven't been kept informed. I apologise to those.

I "walked" out cos your pals banned me and I got tired of getting stick for posting my views on a forum.

Views which were right by the way.

Just so you know, I'll be logging off tomorrow and then will go back not to posting. I might come back one more time when he gets Burton over the line. I still read the forum. I'll still laugh every time LeedsRam or someone else posts asking if it's Ronnie under a different name. FFS, I stuck my neck out so many times in the past yet people think I'd cowardly hide under a different username?

You can think what you like Dav, I'm being very honest when I say it was your missus and Cisse who gave me the courage to finish the book and gave me the confidence to keep going with it as a project.

I cannot explain enough how disappointing it's been to see so many people I thought were "friends" hammering me for one reason or another.  I've not avoided anything at all I just decided it was better for me not to be around here.

4 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

3 of the DCFC donators contacted me directly.

2 of them insulted me so I didn't really know how to handle it.

There are 5 more who haven't been kept informed. I apologise to those.

I "walked" out cos your pals banned me and I got tired of getting stick for posting my views on a forum.

Views which were right by the way.

Just so you know, I'll be logging off tomorrow and then will go back not to posting. I might come back one more time when he gets Burton over the line. I still read the forum. I'll still laugh every time LeedsRam or someone else posts asking if it's Ronnie under a different name. FFS, I stuck my neck out so many times in the past yet people think I'd cowardly hide under a different username?

You can think what you like Dav, I'm being very honest when I say it was your missus and Cisse who gave me the courage to finish the book and gave me the confidence to keep going with it as a project.

I cannot explain enough how disappointing it's been to see so many people I thought were "friends" hammering me for one reason or another.  I've not avoided anything at all I just decided it was better for me not to be around here.

I wasn't talking about the past I was talking about tonight when people aske about the book and you launched into angry mode and didn't give an update when you had the chance.

I haven't hammered you just commented on tonight's posting and not the past.

9 minutes ago, davenportram said:

and again how do you know who the DCFC fans donators are? There may be some that donated without using there forum name.

Do you want me to publish a list?

First of all - real name or not, I know a fair few of them from email addresses, comments on here on the original thread or from direct email contact. 

There were 36 donators

6 forest fans

1 reading fan.

19 friends or family.

The rest I've added together and attributed to DCFC fans cos it was the main place I pushed.

5 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

Do you want me to publish a list?

First of all - real name or not, I know a fair few of them from email addresses, comments on here on the original thread or from direct email contact. 

There were 36 donators

6 forest fans

1 reading fan.

19 friends or family.

The rest I've added together and attributed to DCFC fans cos it was the main place I pushed.

okay. Some very generous people averaging $100 each.

1 hour ago, StaffsRam said:

Next personal insult gets a warning. Consider this a friendly one.

Your Majesty is like a big jam doughnut - with cream on the top

17 minutes ago, davenportram said:

okay. Some very generous people averaging $100 each.

Thankfully I've STILL got some very good friends.

I'll look to see if I can find your email address Dav. I'll send you the excel spreadsheet (minus personal emails and adresses). Once you have it, maybe you'll do me the courtesy of either confirming it on here or withdrawing your comments questioning it.

You're not hammering me at all. Not a bit.

Archived