Sheff Wed v Derby County

Day

3 minutes ago, valleyram said:

Till he got his permanent contract then nothing 

waste of a jersey to me 

Bit like Bryson when he got his contact extension then ?

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't say I'm pleased with the performance, although well done all the lads defensively. But factoring in the performance I'm happy with a draw. 

We could have taken the lead with Weimann's effort with how close the offside call was, and then it was a different game. And Johnson was desperately unlucky with the FK.

Wednesday didn't create anything of note, if I was them I'd be concerned about that bearing in mind they want to challenge and Derby were fairly off the pace today.

3 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

OMG that was frustrating. We made even 6 yard passes look difficult today and there seemed no urgency to get on the ball.

I am amazed Hendrick didn't get on. His eagerness to run forward .would have helped Martin. But it's the poor form of our wide men which is most concerning. Ince is lightweight, Weimann is just workmanlike and Russell runs into trouble and loses the ball with startling regularity.

A point's a point and it's not all doom and gloom but we could and should have beaten this lot. As it was, I think they edged it over the 90 minutes (in a Tyson Fury style way).

Our wide men will cost us top 2 they not good enough offer nothing decent point and clean sheet tho

4 minutes ago, Albert said:

So, drawing away to a team that pushing hard for a playoff spot, and one which are scoring plenty in the league means that "we'll be scrapping for the last playoff place at best". What on Earth are you on? 

We are one of the top teams in goals scored, and the best by goals conceded, and looking more solid by the week. We're equal top on clean sheets and one of the best in terms of games scored in. 

That was a good result today, and we could well have won it. Ultimately it's about just going along well at this point, and picking up points, and we've got what could be a valuable point. 

i think hes a sheffield wednesday fan, hence the owl in his name haha

12 minutes ago, super rams said:

Awful today - we looked very ordinary - we couldn't cope with Weds pressing up the field -we need to improve for the Brighton game!

If we couldn't cope then we would have lost - we didn't lose so we coped with what they had to offer. Problem was we couldn't get our own game going

reminiscent of the forest game for me really, they stuck to thorne like glue which meant we couldnt really push on, despite having plenty of possession. However we looked really solid defensively and limited them to pot shots from 25+ metres and I actually thought that when Bent came on we looked a lot more dangerous going forward, with Martin flicking on. I think this could genuinely be a potential 'Plan B' - especially away from home where we are more likely going to need to mix things up. Not dissatisfied with a point against a decent team although it appears that Martin and Thorne have been sussed out and perhaps its maybe a good opportunity to work on some new tactics as mentioned above? I know we are playing well and still winning a lot of games and therefore shouldn't start messing with a winning system, but in my opinion it is sometimes too easy for above average teams to form a plan against us and execute it and I think a slight element of surprise via change of formation for longer than the last 15 minutes could turn games like today into wins rather than draws

Just now, loughboroughRAM said:

I actually thought that when Bent came on we looked a lot more dangerous going forward, with Martin flicking on. I think this could genuinely be a potential 'Plan B' - especially away from home where we are more likely going to need to mix things up. 

Did we? We could honestly stick a cardboard cut out on the edge of the 6 yard box and it would be offside less often than Darren Bent.

Wednesday came with a game-plan and it worked well, our wingers were poor and I thought our midfield were far to deep leaving Martin isolated.

Defensively we looked solid and Shackell and Keogh showed again that they are the best CB pairing in this division. 

Overall it wasn't a bad result against a decent side.

Ince is easy to mark out the game because he's being everything Bannan wasn't today. 

Bannan picked the ball up and already had a clear idea of what he wanted to do. And he set to it. With aggression. 

It's that moment of indecision. That split second to weigh things up. It killed Christie last season (he wanted a full afternoon though) and it's killing Ince. You're making everything square on. You need the first touch to be decisive. 

I do hate it when you get sweeping statements based on one game though.

I thought that performance then was the most arrogant performance I've seen this season. But it was one game. Doesn't define a team.

But 9 or so players wanted to stroke the ball about. Chuck in the odd flick and feint. The goal will come.

No! You don't start a game like that. You start with conviction. The first side you show the opposition is that you're faster than they are. Stronger too.

Not that you're there for a day out

Credit to wedneday who worked hard to deny any space.

disappointing from us.

not a lot from christie and ince going forward.

Unlucky with the weimann decision and bradley johnson did a good impression of bruce rioch. 

The only difference was that rioch would have scored.

i'm happy with a point. there was a moment when we started to become slightly sloppy and were ball watching.

Archived