Sheff Wed v Derby County

Day

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Your uncle is seth johnson? Or is it carson?

Man up pal.

Not quite sure what you mean "pal". "Man up" to what? And I assume you obviously have difficulty in counting. I said that I have watched us since before 3rd division north days so that means 60 odd years ago. So is it really possible that the two you mentioned could be my uncle? Duh!  (Though I grant you Carson looks old enough) I also said "had" an uncle, not "have" which indicates said uncle is deceased

We were good defensively once more..against a decent side that very pleasing. Poor in possession and going forward though as Clement pointed out in his post match interview.  But that happens, you are not going to click in every game. Ince's form is a bit of a worry though.  A pleasing aspect of the game was that both the players and the manager seemed to be determined to get the winner towards the end and not settle for the point. Hopefully that attitude will continue against Brighton and for the rest of the season. Forget about avoiding defeat and go for the win!

1 hour ago, Strange yearnings said:

Note to self. Must remember to never ever criticise Derby or you will get jumped on by numpties for whom Derby can do no wrong, who call you "pal" , say " we was "and question your credentials as a Rams fan even though I have watched us since before 3rd Division North days and had a ST for 25 years and had an uncle who played for us an England.   

Thats more interesting than a 0-0 draw.

who was that then?

What's all this rubbish about a poor performance? We were poor going forward but defensively we were absolutely superb. Football is about defending as well as attacking.

Going forward the problem lies with Mr G Thorne. If we get him playing on the half way line all our play is dictated in the opponents half.  Problem is that when he is stifled he sits very deep as a consequence we play in our own half. That's PC's conundrum. As I see it we need much more fluidity in midfield and much more from our wingers. As I say, poor offensively but superb defensively.

as for t' match

three times we worked the ball out to christie, and each time he belted it straight back to keogh.

i knew then that this wasn't going to be a classic.

We can not win everything, agree about Thorne, we need to find a plan B when he is targeted, and that will become more often, the defence was awesome. Whilst they were the better team they didn't really look like scoring, I thought if someone scored it would be us.

i did see a glimmer of light and that is maybe just maybe Bent can play with Martin.

I thought it would be 0-0 but I also think we will beat Brighton next week

6 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

Bit like Bryson when he got his contact extension then ?

Stop being s dick , Bryson has been injured since day 1 this season and would still put more into a game than Ince , I don't want to come in here and have a go at players but what's he done this season to merit a start with the squad we have ? 

5 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

The only thing currently keeping Ince as a starter is Russell's performances off the bench (and his beard) :ph34r:

I'd rather then no play any of them and put Jeff in and push butterfield further forward or play bent up alongside Martin 

A good point today , and we are having a good season.Sorry if I offended anyone for calling them pal , but i can not believe, some people are moaning about the start to the season we have made, we have got a good team at this level , and I for one am enjoying this season , so when we get promoted will we all be happy then ,lol.

2 hours ago, eddie said:

The thing is, it's all you ever seem to do, and it gets extremely tedious. A win against Brighton next week and the smart money is on you not posting at all.

Why cant you just let someone have a different opinion to you, like most others on here do  ?

Why is that a problem to you ?

Show some respect to someone your own age, won't you .

1 minute ago, ValeRam said:

Why cant you just let someone have a different opinion to you, like most others on here do  ?

Why is that a problem to you ?

Show some respect to someone your own age, won't you .

Respect has to be earned.

Half the time I feel like we're just deliberately winding up Sky. That was one of the dullest games I've seen for quite some time. Shackell and Keogh were excellent, Grant was good. Johnson was average, but worked hard and put himself about, which was needed since both Thorne and Butterfield were poor. The wingers were all awful, as was Martin. I was pleased Clement tried to be positive by bringing a second striker on, and although Bent kept getting caught offside he won more knock downs than Martin did in the entire game and did his best to inject a bit of life into proceedings.

For anyone who is upset that I found that game really boring and felt several of our players were poor I might as well come clean. I'm actually a Forest fan and I get paid by Fawaz to sow seeds of discontent on various Derby message boards.

Would be interested to hear ppls thoughts on Martins performance, looked terrible for me, was completely out of the game until Bent came on, never competed in the air or even win his usual free kicks, very little movement too (looked extra lazy). With this current barren spell is he dropable? Or does he need Bent up there with him?

5 minutes ago, Kamikaze said:

Would be interested to hear ppls thoughts on Martins performance, looked terrible for me, was completely out of the game until Bent came on, never competed in the air or even win his usual free kicks, very little movement too (looked extra lazy). With this current barren spell is he dropable? Or does he need Bent up there with him?

I just thought all the strikers suffered from the fact we lost the midfield battle. So the service wasn't great. I was more concerned about inces performance , when he did get the ball he usually lost it... He looked lightweight. Always thought this would be a tough physical game so maybe Hendrick could have played in a four man midfield with ince dropping out. But Hendrick didn't even get any game time, maybe he is on the naughty step. 

Archived