Marcus Olsson

SantosHalper

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ollycutts1982 said:

Swap with Warnock for me. Isn't Warnock from the Blackburn area?

He's a scouser. Judging by some of his retweets he still lives in the Liverpool area too.

This wouldn't make sense though. We had Warnock as back-up with Fozzy as first choice. Fozzy can't play until the first game of 2016/17, so anyone coming in would either be to replace Fozzy as first choice or to replace Warnock as back-up. The only way he would be leaving to make way for another LB is if Max Lowe then steps up as back-up, with Baird as utility. In which case you'd have to question why Lowe hasn't been given a chance yet, not even in the cups.

I'd be happy with Olsson as first choice on loan with view to perm. £1mil deal in January, Warnock as back up. Then in the summer when Warnock is 34 and we are (hopefully) a PL side, he can leave as his contract would be up, and we will have Forsyth/Olsson as our left backs with the resources to get an improvement again if we needed one.

35 minutes ago, Kernow said:

He's a scouser. Judging by some of his retweets he still lives in the Liverpool area too.

This wouldn't make sense though. We had Warnock as back-up with Fozzy as first choice. Fozzy can't play until the first game of 2016/17, so anyone coming in would either be to replace Fozzy as first choice or to replace Warnock as back-up. The only way he would be leaving to make way for another LB is if Max Lowe then steps up as back-up, with Baird as utility. In which case you'd have to question why Lowe hasn't been given a chance yet, not even in the cups.

I'd be happy with Olsson as first choice on loan with view to perm. £1mil deal in January, Warnock as back up. Then in the summer when Warnock is 34 and we are (hopefully) a PL side, he can leave as his contract would be up, and we will have Forsyth/Olsson as our left backs with the resources to get an improvement again if we needed one.

Was just thinking if this Olsson deal happened then Rovers would lose their first choice left back, Warnock may see it as an opportunity to be nearer his home and be first choice. Surely he would be slightly annoyed if we did bring someone else in. Could suit all parties.

41 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Was just thinking if this Olsson deal happened then Rovers would lose their first choice left back, Warnock may see it as an opportunity to be nearer his home and be first choice. Surely he would be slightly annoyed if we did bring someone else in. Could suit all parties.

You've been trying to pack Warnock off all season. Any reason?

Currently we have no natural backup to Warnock, with Fozzy out til next season and Lowe injured but more importantly untried at Championship level. Pearce and Shotton (as has been suggested) screams square pegs in round holes so a serious injury to Warnock could have a massive impact on our promotion aspirations.

Olsson is a good, attacking fullback and better to bring him (or another left back) in now to train with the first team squad rather than wait until we have absolutely no alternative but to throw a new addition in at the deep end.

2 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Isn't he the brother of Martin Olsson, who is seen as the better player?

Twin brother.

If Martin's defending would be better, he would've been PL player for years. But it ain't...

Move would make sense for us and for Blackburn. And then we would have one attacking and one defending fullback in both sides.

3 hours ago, eddie said:

You've been trying to pack Warnock off all season. Any reason?

I think he is great for back up but as Iv said I don't feel he can offer the performances week in week out that we need. If fozzy had of been injured in pre season I can't honestly see many people being happy if we didn't sign a replacement. The system we play requires full backs getting up and down and I don't feel Warnock or Baird have the required energy levels to do it. I haven't seen much of Lowe and if he is ready great but if that's the case why hasn't he been able to dislodge Warnock off the bench?

Archived