Marcus Olsson

SantosHalper

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some say Jake spent his time out injured finding a cure for Ebola and has managed to eradicate it from Africa (hence it no longer being reported in the news).

I also hear he killed Jihadi John with a spinning round house kick to the throat.

I wouldn't have believed these snippets if it wasn't for the fact Alan Nixon tweeted them.

17 hours ago, hiltonram said:

In the telegraph the other night pc said these new players could give him the option of playing the diamond formation again. With a diamond he would need wing backs. Does anyone know if Olsson is a normal full back or a wing back?

You need serious energy from the two central /wide midfielders to play this formation. Bryson, hendrick possibly butterfield would fit the bill, thats probably about it. Villa played it well when sherwood first arrived and delph was still there, but cant of too many other sides who used it well.

Liverpool used the diamond formation under rodgers in the 13/14 season. Barcelona also used this formation when they beat Real Madrid 4-0 earlier this season. Juventus  used a similar variation of the diamond formation on their way to the champions league final last season.

Just now, McLovin said:

Liverpool used the diamond formation under rodgers in the 13/14 season. Barcelona also used this formation when they beat Real Madrid 4-0 earlier this season. Juventus  used a similar variation of the diamond formation on their way to the champions league final last season.

You seem to have left out your point.

7 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Just an idea, but maybe we're after olsson as a replacement for fozzy? Maybe Clement feels he wouldn't be good enough in the prem while olsson would? 

Always a possibility, but I'm not sure what would have given him the idea Olsson is that much better than Fozzy if at all. If he's concerned about Fozzy in the prem, we'd likely sign a prem standard LB in the summer (if we get promoted).

18 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Just an idea, but maybe we're after olsson as a replacement for fozzy? Maybe Clement feels he wouldn't be good enough in the prem while olsson would? 

Think it maybe more to cover Forsyth this season and replace Warnock next

20 hours ago, hiltonram said:

In the telegraph the other night pc said these new players could give him the option of playing the diamond formation again. With a diamond he would need wing backs. Does anyone know if Olsson is a normal full back or a wing back?

He is very good going forward so should fit in well for diamond. But I've never been convinced about his defending though...

40 minutes ago, emjlc02 said:

How come every time we are linked or sign a player do people go on about all these formation changes? To much time spent on football manager

You can't blame fans for Football Manager habits creeping into real life. The media are just as bad.

I was watching SSN the other day, and they asked the question - is Benik Afobe Premier League quality? They tried to find out using his FM stats.

As if Eddie Howe sent his scouts out and said "go and find a striker with 12-16 heading and at least 15 pace".

Football Manager is supposed to imitate real life football, but somehow, it's going the other way round. 

1 minute ago, Duracell said:

You can't blame fans for Football Manager habits creeping into real life. The media are just as bad.

I was watching SSN the other day, and they asked the question - is Benik Afobe Premier League quality? They tried to find out using his FM stats.

As if Eddie Howe sent his scouts out and said "go and find a striker with 12-16 heading and at least 15 pace".

Football Manager is supposed to imitate real life football, but somehow, it's going the other way round. 

You can blame them for constantly wanting to change the formation when nothing is wrong.

Archived