Marcus Olsson

SantosHalper

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we go up then it will be even harder for academy players to get a look in.

Lowe should play this year if he's good enough.

you can't really tell in u21 games how good he is, because he is rarely tested by a powerful opponent.

its all very powder puff.

Alot of poseurs.

16 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I'm sure it's already been mentioned, but Olsson joined Blackburn in 2012 and Cement left Blackburn for PSG in 2012, so there could have been a brief period of time they worked together, just like Blackman.

So I imagine Olsson and Blackman really are Clements signings rather than Sam and Mel.

No.

clement left  by January 6

olsson arrived january 31

36 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I'm sure it's already been mentioned, but Olsson joined Blackburn in 2012 and Cement left Blackburn for PSG in 2012, so there could have been a brief period of time they worked together, just like Blackman.

So I imagine Olsson and Blackman really are Clements signings rather than Sam and Mel.

Cement? There's mortar this than meets the eye

3 hours ago, Strange yearnings said:

Cement? There's mortar this than meets the eye

Team building regulations have been surely upgraded since then. I am simply reinforcing and pointing out what may have already been laid out in due course. Everyone is entitled to hod their own opinions on this site.

14 minutes ago, sheepshagger123 said:

hi every1 new member here. Ollson would be a class edition to the squad and is most defo capable of playing in the prem. would pay max 1.5 as contract out in summer. coyr

Welcome sheepshergar123. No wonder the Florists call us sheepshergars if you have been listed as number 123. Olsson could tip the balance in our favour. We may need a bigger team bus but who cares if we get to the Premier Bus station. I think that 995,000 avoids the million quid tag but if he is quality then so be it.

Whilst I think we need  left back in the longer term, I think people are being wholly unfair to Chris Baird - I have no doubt that he could do a job at left back for a few games if Warnock picks up a niggle.  He performed there at the top level last season.

If it becomes apparent that he or Lowe can't cut the mustard, the loan market would offer a three month loan that could provide respite.

There's plenty of teams that would be envious of the cover we have.

6 minutes ago, maydrakin said:

Whilst I think we need  left back in the longer term, I think people are being wholly unfair to Chris Baird - I have no doubt that he could do a job at left back for a few games if Warnock picks up a niggle.  He performed there at the top level last season.

If it becomes apparent that he or Lowe can't cut the mustard, the loan market would offer a three month loan that could provide respite.

There's plenty of teams that would be envious of the cover we have.

Agree entirely. Let's see if Lowe can cut the mustard, which seems. Imagine we brought a young fullback in on loan and he had Max's pedigree - we'd all be creaming ourselves.

There's an U21 game tomorrow against Stoke. I've not heard a fitness update for a while, but hope he's able to get some minutes under his belt. That said, it sounded as though  he wouldn't be back until later in the month, The lad must be gutted to be injured at the moment - he'd surely have started yesterday if not.

For those on here who don't know Lowe's background is:

• 5 England U16 caps
  • 8 England U17 caps
  • 5 England U18 caps

Despite only being 18 and the youngest member of our U21 team, he was captaining them this season until he got injured.

Archived