Nottingham Forest v Derby County

Chris Mills

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm disappointed, but not overly concerned. Forest getting the early goal was crucial and tactically they were brilliant, every time Martin got the ball he was instantly closed down and they used their pacey wingers on the counter effectively. 

Some poor performances from Russell and Weimann who were largely ineffective, but they looked exhausted in the second half after having two games in the week and a high intensity game today. 

Warnock was fantastic today and made some brilliant challenges that saved us from conceding even more. 

Spoilt my weekend, but I will get over it and we will thrash them at Pride Park later on. 

1 minute ago, Russell Ram said:

What did he say? Not got RD on.

Talked about losing our identity, trying to hit worldie passes rather than keeping it simple, basically everything we saw tonight, didn't pull any punches and called a spade a *****!

11 minutes ago, Redshaw_Ram said:

I am usually the first to criticise a poor performance, but I think emotion is getting the better of a lot of you.

I don't think we were that bad. On another day two or three of our chances would have nestled in the back of the net and we would all be ecstatic.

That's not to say that Forest didn't deserve it. Defensively they played extremely well and their counter attacks were highly effective. I also agree that it seemed as though they wanted it more.

The biggest worry for me all night was when Thorne went down, and that turned out to be nothing, so overall I am not concerned and I am still feeling positive for the rest of the season.

We didn't have any chances of real note, other than Hendricks curler. And it took an outstanding save by Carson, two brilliant challenges by Warnock and a block at the end by Carson when Mendes was clean through just to keep the score down.

I agree it's hardly the end of the world but then again it's been quite a while since we were so easily cut open as we were tonight. 

6 minutes ago, Redshaw_Ram said:

I am usually the first to criticise a poor performance, but I think emotion is getting the better of a lot of you.

I don't think we were that bad. On another day two or three of our chances would have nestled in the back of the net and we would all be ecstatic.

That's not to say that Forest didn't deserve it. Defensively they played extremely well and their counter attacks were highly effective. I also agree that it seemed as though they wanted it more.

The biggest worry for me all night was when Thorne went down, and that turned out to be nothing, so overall I am not concerned and I am still feeling positive for the rest of the season.

We only had two chances on target in the whole game. Hendrick was the only one who came anywhere close when he skimmed the bar. We didn't threaten at all.

I agree that Forest deserved the win more though and it should have been by more than one goal. Our players looked absolutely exhausted as well - hopefully the international break will give most of them a bit of time to rest now.

2 minutes ago, wixman1884 said:

Our defending was absolutely catastrophic at the end of last season - to say this is our worst performance in many years is extraordinary. I'd say even our home defeat to forest last season was worse than this.

We've been spectacular recently - our run had to come to an end, and it makes sense that it was in a game where emotions are through the roof and form is out of the window.

I'm disappointed, but hardly devastated. A 1-0 defeat to a deflected goal is not the end of our season.

Well performance wise. Guess I'm more disappointed by failure to land any blows in an entire game, yes it's disappointing when we concede silly goals but last seasons few games we were most unlucky in that every silly defensive error cost us dear, plus the injuries and a few dodgy reffing decisions. Tonight there's no such excuses their keeper didn't have a  save to make,  our strongest squad in ages only fozzy out and actually his replacement was our best player. and the only major decision the Ref had to make he called it exactly right. Plus of course it was against forest. No excuses, clem has to sort that out. 

Just now, PistoldPete2 said:

Well performance wise. Guess I'm more disappointed by failure to land any blows in an entire game, yes it's disappointing when we concede silly goals but last seasons few games we were most unlucky in that every silly defensive error cost us dear, plus the injuries and a few dodgy reffing decisions. Tonight there's no such excuses their keeper didn't have a  save to make,  our strongest squad in ages only fozzy out and actually his replacement was our best player. and the only major decision the Ref had to make he called it exactly right. Plus of course it was against forest. No excuses, clem has to sort that out. 

So this game was worse when we lost to Reading 0-3 at home last season in our biggest game?

Well, I'm annoyed.

I can just about stomach losing to Forest, what I absolutely will not put up with is losing in a manner that indicates our players aren't really that bothered. This is our second biggest game of the season and they didn't turn up. Behind for 85 minutes and only one late booking tells me we weren't putting in the work and weren't committing to our challenges. In a local derby this is completely unforgivable.

Carson, Keogh, Shackell, and Warnock get away with passable performances, which is high praise compared to what I have to say about the rest of that shower. Our midfielders in particular can hang their heads in shame. Hendrick was anonymous, whilst Thorne and Johnson gave the ball away at every possible opportunity. Johnson was thoroughly shown up by Vaughan, who for me was man of the match. Did Johnson win a single 50/50 challenge tonight?

Someone needs to have a word with Clement and impress upon him how important these games are to the supporters because our players didn't seem in the slightest bit bothered about embarrassing themselves and the club with a shockingly toothless display. Well done Ward, well done Vaughan and well done Forest. It would've been a travesty if we'd somehow stolen a point from the game.

I was very disappointed when i heard the team and the fact that butterfield was dropped.

i thought he was our best player in the last two games. He's got great feet and is our best player in tight situations. When he came on he didn't waste a ball but the damage was done.

jeff over committed when we lost the ball, and then over committed again when he got back.

that slight sloppiness and lack of tightness was the difference,

i expected a tight game. I predicted 0-0

unfortunately we created feck all - partly because the man to unpick their tight defence was sat on his @rse.

21 minutes ago, gazram80 said:

Really in my experience these games are never that easily forgotten especially not after 1 game.

Really.

in 1972 Newcasle beat us at the BBG when we were going for the League Championship.

Fans were devastated and crying all around the ground.

Did it leave a lasting impression?

Well I still remember it for one after a mere 43 years.:angry:

This is just the second game we have lost all season so far. 

It's to be significant.

Now that game when Brum got the two goals back.

That hurt us a lot more!

Archived