How great is our Bradley Johnson

Curtains

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I looked up the origins of the phrase 'bees knees' as I felt that I should head up a world search for a) Atlantis and b) Bees' knees. Bees knees store pollen down the side of bees' socks but the other meaning is that it is a deliberately misleading term for a fictional item which does not exist in reality. e.g get me a pint of cider and a bag of bees knees.The dry roasted bees knees are the best flavour that I have had so far.

According to Stephen Fry it came from immigrants in America pronouncing business as bees knees. QI the font of all knowledge. 

According to Stephen Fry it came from immigrants in America pronouncing business as bees knees. QI the font of all knowledge. 

Keep in mind that using QI as a source is about as bad as using a combination of a foreign language wikipedia page and google translate. It may well be right in it's own language (much of the time), but how that's being relayed to you as the viewer can at times be... questionable let's call it. First and foremost, it's an entertainment program. 

Keep in mind that using QI as a source is about as bad as using a combination of a foreign language wikipedia page and google translate. It may well be right in it's own language (much of the time), but how that's being relayed to you as the viewer can at times be... questionable let's call it. First and foremost, it's an entertainment program. 

The other night I saw one and Stephen Fry was saying something like on average 25% of what they say on the programme will be in correct within 4 years, can't remember the figures as I wasn't paying close attention to it.

The other night I saw one and Stephen Fry was saying something like on average 25% of what they say on the programme will be in correct within 4 years, can't remember the figures as I wasn't paying close attention to it.

There's that, and there's also that quite a large amount of the show is using very contextual terminology, and using that to play the "you're wrong" game on people. It's all a good laugh, but a layman in any field mentioned on the show isn't going to gain any real understanding of anything they mention from it. I really like QI, but it is entirely an entertainment programme.

Johnson with his enthusiasm,and effort and wonderful spirit ,seems to have been  a ram all his life.

He is a good header of the ball,,and has great ability with the ball.

He came with a big 6 million pound price tag.having left a club  he clearly felt part off,and having to move his family

to a completely new area,while living in hotel rooms,and meeting new team mates,with a club going through

changes and very high expectations.

,To have settled in so quickly is a testament to his character,and is a player who if not playing would be badly missed.

I think it is brilliant to have him on board

Spot on trevor1946

Forest fan looking forward to Novembers game.

I'll be honest, that Bradley Johnson is an absolute beast. He'll be the difference for them this season, without a doubt.

As a Derby fan growing in the 80s I always had a bit of inferiority complex about Forest. They had recent trophies to gloat over, a ground that always seemed to hold cup semi-finals, they had more money, higher attendances, often a better team...

I know people will say different but to me now is the first time I completely feel we are undoubtedly the 'bigger' team. We have bigger attendances, a better ground, more money, a better team. I'm not that fussed about playing them, we are better team, if they can dig out one decent game that's up to them...promotion is my main priority.

As a Derby fan growing in the 80s I always had a bit of inferiority complex about Forest. They had recent trophies to gloat over, a ground that always seemed to hold cup semi-finals, they had more money, higher attendances, often a better team...

I know people will say different but to me now is the first time I completely feel we are undoubtedly the 'bigger' team. We have bigger attendances, a better ground, more money, a better team. I'm not that fussed about playing them, we are better team, if they can dig out one decent game that's up to them...promotion is my main priority.

I had kids in my school who were Forest fans, mocking Derby, at a school IN Derby, and not on the outskirts of Derby, right in the middle of Derby, in the area known simply as Derby! lol

I relate to you.

Exactly this. It irritates me that the Forest games become something so much more important than a routine three points against a mid-table side. Even the players seem to get affected by it in the build up. I hope Clement can get through to them that if they relax and don't get wound up by the 'occasion' that it's just another very winnable game. 

I would prefer Forest to be in any other division than the one we're currently in.  

Exactly this. It irritates me that the Forest games become something so much more important than a routine three points against a mid-table side. Even the players seem to get affected by it in the build up. I hope Clement can get through to them that if they relax and don't get wound up by the 'occasion' that it's just another very winnable game. 

I would prefer Forest to be in any other division than the one we're currently in.  

That never seems to work and can even be detrimental in my opinion. Look at the seasons under Nigel Clough and our results against them and then look again when Pearce was their short term manager. 

Both knew what this game meant to the fans and the players and used that as extra motivation and both ended up coming out on the winning side. The worst thing you can do with local Derbies is to remove the passion, It just needs to be contolled. 

Archived