I-Pro Sponsorship

ronnieronalde

Any need for that really?

Anyone who thinks it's Clements fault is clearly a buffoon.

Anyone who tries to tie this to any other posts/views is clearly a trouble causer.

I don't think it was a pop at you if that's what you think?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any need for that really?

Anyone who thinks it's Clements fault is clearly a buffoon.

Anyone who tries to tie this to any other posts/views is clearly a trouble causer.

Don't be so sensitive Ronnie. I am not a trouble causer, I am a fire starter. A twisted fire starter.

I got the point he was making.

Just didn't think it was necessary at all.

A bit like someone trying to provoke a reaction with the pissing on chips comment. No need.

I wasn't trying to provoke a reaction - it remains my totally honest and genuine opinion. In recent months you have continually come across as a poster who only posts when you are the bearer of bad news - or rather, news which you perceive or can spin as being bad, especially when it is in relation to Sam Rush. Most of us see Sam as a vital cog in the Derby County wheel - I guess that is not an opinion that you share, and you are only too pleased to share that opinion.

As for me, I take the piss out of everyone. Get used to it, or put me on 'ignore' - I don't care either way.

Any news?

are we still trading?

don't you have a direct line to your mate Mel? 

Cant you drop him a text and ask if the clubs future is at risk, or at the very least get the fag paper with the figures on ??

Well for what it’s worth Ronnie – I’m interested in your sleuthing as I remember when it was first announced, my eyebrows were raised slightly at the idea of a 10 year £7m stadium namings right deal with what was essentially a speculative startup company. I think it was an unusual move to do a stadium naming rights deal with a business that wasn’t established. A definite risk

On the other hand, people are right that it’s not a huge proportion of turnover, and financially if they went under it’s not like we’d be bankrupted by that.

However – it’s potentially a loss of face if our lucrative and very public naming deal falls flat within 2 years based on a risk that was blindingly obvious to all

More interesting though, if we are technically a creditor and the CVA ends up meaning our £7m deal is now worth £70k – expect to see a new stadium name sonner rather than later!

The CVA is filed at Companies House. Had a look at this- we weren't present at the "meeting of creditors," only three attended and the only one of note was London Irish. From looking on the internet, IPro organise their training camps.

This company was also only incorporated in April 2013- if we took on a sponsorship deal with a company that had started up only months before, then it would serve us right if it fell apart after a couple of years.

I wouldn't be too concerned- the IPro group looks like a large group of companies with various different names. It looks like another part of the business has been wound up. 

From the reaction to this thread I can see no-one really cares that the much heralded 7m 10 year sponsorship deal looks to have been based on very little but the back on fag paper figures from a company that had zero turnover. Disappointing but I guess it's understandable that fans turn the other cheek when it involves their own club

Please try not to have a go at me for raising the issue. I'm just very keen to get some understanding.

It's this passive-aggressive language that makes you come across as nothing but a pessimistic, know-nothing know-it-all trying to stir up trouble and outrage towards our club.

That's why you think people tend to have a go at you.

Whereas that "passive" aggressive language you've just used toward me? How does that make you look?

You're calling me a pessimistic know nothing know it all looking to stir up trouble and outrage? How do YOU get away with that?.

I don't think people tend to have a go, I see it in black and white, it gets ignored, then I stand my ground, it gets worse progressively through the thread, i stand my ground some more, then I get banned.

Let me ask an honest question of those of you having a go.

If one of your more intelligent, successful and well educated friends sent you an email saying he thought I-pro (not Derby County but i-pro) might be in trouble and sent you a PDF with details of why. 

Would you post about it or would you ignore it?

Whereas that "passive" aggressive language you've just used toward me? How does that make you look?

You're calling me a pessimistic know nothing know it all looking to stir up trouble and outrage? How do YOU get away with that?.

I don't think people tend to have a go, I see it in black and white, it gets ignored, then I stand my ground, it gets worse progressively through the thread, i stand my ground some more, then I get banned.

If one of your more intelligent, successful and well educated friends sent you an email saying he thought I-pro (not Derby County but i-pro) might be in trouble and sent you a PDF with details of why. 

I'd go and buy a case to help them out.

iPro is an interesting one. They have assets of just under £1m with liabilities just over £1m. They are listed as having only one director. As has always been the case it seems crazy they can sponsor DCFC to the tune of £700,000 pa for 10 years.

How long have they been sponsoring us for now? Is it 1 year or two? Have we had our money for the period concerned?

There has to be more to the company than meets the eye...................surely.........:ph34r:

PS Can there sponsorship be identified within DCFC accounts? ..............Ramblur...oh Ramblurrrr

I'm interested al least Ronnie. Possible financial problems at one of the club's major sponsors has got to be significant. However, I think a lot of the apathy comes from the fact that £700k looks like nothing compared to what must be a £100m plus investment from Mel Morris. Even if iPro do go belly up, it could actually be good news. I'd have thought that a bigger sponsor would look at us and take a gamble that Mel's millions could see us in Europe in a few seasons - what might be an expensive deal now for a Championship club, could seem like a bargain deal for the sponsors of a Europa League club. We might just end up with some cash from a CVA and a better sponsorship deal - just the mickey taking from the Trees to get over.

I only said Hi...

It's always been an odd one, but I personally think all the risk is on I-pro. They're using our ground to give them a brand name. If it's successful then they get their product off the ground and we get an awful lot of money. If it's not successful we get a bit of money and we take their name off the Stadium.

if they go belly up tomorrow the ground goes back to being called Pride Park and we've not really lost owt.

While I agree that financially we won't be worse off if I-pro go under, I do think it cheapens the club to keep changing the name of the stadium.

Its a very short term move to rename the ground every few years for a relatively small amount of sponsors money.

There'll be no sense of history in years to come if we've had 10 different stadium names.

If we go back to Pride Park then the club should leave it at that.

Archived