I-Pro Sponsorship

ronnieronalde

I got banned for a month so I might have missed the news, but I haven't seen anyone post that i-pro sports management ltd, one of the many i-pro sports companies under the i-pro umbrella, filed a for a CVA  in August offering a greatly reduced repayment to it's non preferential creditors.

Has anyone else heard anything, is there any chance filing for insolvency could impact the 7m sponsorship/stadium naming rights deal?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got banned for a month so I might have missed the news, but I haven't seen anyone post that i-pro sports management ltd, one of the many i-pro sports companies under the i-pro umbrella, filed a for a CVA  in August offering a greatly reduced repayment to it's non preferential creditors.

Has anyone else heard anything, is there any chance filing for insolvency could impact the 7m sponsorship/stadium naming rights deal?

aren't we sponsored by the drinks people? This sounds like a different branch of the i-pro brand and possibly won't effect the sponsorship

why you get banned?

got banned for a month so I might have missed the news, but I haven't seen anyone post that i-pro sports management ltd, one of the many i-pro sports companies under the i-pro umbrella, filed a for a CVA  in August offering a greatly reduced repayment to it's non preferential creditors.

just done a bit of research

ipro sports management is a wholesale drinks business set up in 2013.

iprosport.com lists the contact as iprosport corporation limited. A different company set up 1 year ago. Different companies I think.

aren't we sponsored by the drinks people? This sounds like a different branch of the i-pro brand and possibly won't effect the sponsorship

Maybe you're right Dav and I've got my info totally wrong. I'm not an accountant so I'm asking a question and hoping one of the smart finance chaps understands it better than me,  I'm definitely not making an accusation. Just interested and hoping any potential situation with ipro doesn't have an effect on Derby County.

Interestingly - Contact details for ipro sport corporation:

http://www.iprosport.com/contact.html

Company House Details for "i-pro sports management", the company that filed the CVA, taken from company house website

= Same address.

Nature of business = wholesale of fruit and vegetable juices.

Registered office address
River House, 1 Maidstone Road, Sidcup, Kent, DA14 5RH

Company status
Voluntary Arrangement

Company type
Private limited Company

Incorporated on
25 April 2013

Accounts

Next accounts made up to 31 March 2015 
due by 31 December 2015

Last accounts made up to 31 March 2014

Annual return

Next annual return made up to 22 August 2016 
due by 19 September 2016

Last annual return made up to 22 August 2015

Nature of business (SIC)

46341 - Wholesale of fruit and vegetable juices, mineral water and soft drinks.

The partners/drinkers you listed Dav are very impressive indeed, are they all buying i-pro and paying for it? I couldn't find that on i-pro corporation accounts, their annual returns are overdue and all the other i-pro companies seem to have been dissolved within a year or so of being incorporated, with directors being appointed then resigning, then being re-appointed again. It's all a bit messy looking really.

Hence why I might be getting my info confused. Where is Leigh/Ramblur when you need him eh?

Maybe you're right Dav and I've got my info totally wrong. I'm not an accountant so I'm asking a question and hoping one of the smart finance chaps understands it better than me,  I'm definitely not making an accusation. Just interested and hoping any potential situation with ipro doesn't have an effect on Derby County.

Interestingly - Contact details for ipro sport corporation:

http://www.iprosport.com/contact.html

Company House Details for "i-pro sports management", the company that filed the CVA, taken from company house website

= Same address.

Nature of business = wholesale of fruit and vegetable juices.

Registered office address
River House, 1 Maidstone Road, Sidcup, Kent, DA14 5RH

Company status
Voluntary Arrangement

Company type
Private limited Company

Incorporated on
25 April 2013

Accounts

Next accounts made up to 31 March 2015 
due by 31 December 2015

Last accounts made up to 31 March 2014

Annual return

Next annual return made up to 22 August 2016 
due by 19 September 2016

Last annual return made up to 22 August 2015

Nature of business (SIC)

46341 - Wholesale of fruit and vegetable juices, mineral water and soft drinks.

The partners/drinkers you listed Dav are very impressive indeed, are they all buying i-pro and paying for it? I couldn't find that on i-pro corporation accounts, their annual returns are overdue and all the other i-pro companies seem to have been dissolved within a year or so of being incorporated, with directors being appointed then resigning, then being re-appointed again. It's all a bit messy looking really.

Hence why I might be getting my info confused. Where is Leigh/Ramblur when you need him eh?

maybe the same details, doesn't mean they are the same company or financially linked. As I said earlier ipro sports corporation is a year old, the other is two years old. Listed as a separate company. Also ipro sports management shed directors too. Maybe they split off part of the company.

I like you ronnie - but it seems like you're just pi55ing on our parade - I get where you're coming from, and I hope, I'm in line for one of your books, but, seriously, bud, you're first club is worse off than us - please don't ....

and on the casting doubt about whether all the partners are true - do you really think they'd get away with putting it in their website if not? Pretty powerful people to lie about. And no company would provide that much of a product without being paid for it.

I wasn't casting doubt on whether the partners were true, I was asking whether they pay for their drink and whether that accounts for enough profit to drive 700 grand a year in sponsorship over 10 years (at 1,29 a bottle retail).

For example, on the earlier link you posted they're a proud sponsor of London Irish buton that CVA from August of this year London Irish are one of ipro sport management creditors owed 48 grand or so. (for which under the terms of the CVA they'll get 14.08p in the pound)

On the ipro website they've got over 50 listed "wholesale" places to buy, I'd make a cautious estimate that 50% of those places don't stock it at least don't have it listed in their online catalogue.

There's an article published which suggests they are "the official hydration partner to "almost" 75% of League Clubs"  (which by my reckoning is almost 54 out of 72). I can only see 15 listed on the ipro website.

http://www.retailtimes.co.uk/isotonic-drink-ipro-sport-makes-uk-debut-convenience-stores-supermarkets/

An excerpt of that link below:

Following the purchase of Derby County’s stadium rights in 2013, the brand has created considerable hype in the region. Since then, iPro Sport has continued to make football a target and have established deals that position the brand as the official hydration partner to almost 75% of clubs in the Football League; top Rugby Union sides like London Irish and with Team Raleigh cycling.

The frustrating part for the public thus far has been that it has solely been available to professional athletes unless purchased online, but Central England Co-operative has decided to give the active public the chance to try iPro Sport; while allowing the innovators behind the brand to bring luminaries from the world of football into its stores to promote the drink directly to its customers in the months ahead.

Leo Skagerlind, managing director of iPro, said: “We are extremely excited to finally make our product available to the general public through a major retailer that has over ½ a million customers a week. Our drink affords a healthy choice for those serious about their exercise and is much needed in the industry. The fact that Central England Co-operative is both a forward looking and ethical retailer matches our company ethos perfectly as we are strong supporters of doing things the right way at iPro Sport.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interesting that if they're different companies, Ipro Sport Corporation and Ipro Sport Management share the same address and seemingly have the same main director. 

When I got banned for no reason other than debating my view (no swearing, no insulting)  I said to myself I wouldn't come back to post. I won't post on the football side cos I get banned for having an opinion that doesn't fit.

Not attempting to pi55 on anyones parade. Just something I've been keeping my eye on and feel is interesting enough to post about. It's a 7m quid deal that was trumpeted to high heavens.

The 7m quid over ten years is such a small amount compared to what Mel is putting in that even if ipro went belly up it would hardly pi55 on anyones parade.

Derby is in too good shape on and off the pitch for something like this to affect the football side.

If it was my "first club" who had sponsorship cash tied up in Ipro and I posted even semi regularly on my "first club's" forum, I'd be posting the same links.

The book is a totally separate issue by the way MrsR I've had some good support from 8 or 9 dcfc forum members (probably just under 10% of cash raised) so if anyone gets so offended with my views that they want to withdraw that support, I'll happily give a refund plus still send a copy of the book. It's not the first time the book has been brought up when someone doesn't like to read what I post and I don't think it's right that I'm worried about posting my honest views in case it offends one of my book buyers, what would that make me?

I'm not positing this to be spiteful, not at all, I'm posting it cos I think it's pretty interesting and it involves Derby County football club

Archived