Steve mclaren and Jamie ward

paintingstandsatderby

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing against Mac at all, played some of our best and most exciting football in years under him, we were so close to getting back to the premier league. Yeah those last few months were dire and when he was sacked I was a little disappointed that it hadn't had the fairytale ending like it seemed it was going to have for so long prior. But whats happening at st james park is exactly what I thought would happen, the players there don't look interested and realistically I dunno what manager they could get that would turn it around.

As for Jamie, was a decent hard working player for us for many years, he wasn't born in Derby and wasn't a Derby fan, Forest are as close a club as you can get if his family is settled and who would turn down a 4 year contract at the age of what 29? No ill feeling at all and I will clap him when he returns if he stays fit! 

Gosh aren't you a lot of thoroughly decent people. 

I will boo ward if he winds up the derby fans with an ott goal celebration or something, he's not our player so he's fair game. This is not the same as booing our own players. I don't think this deserves to be considered poor mentality. 

Yes I hope Tufty crashes and burns, he was paid massively to do a job at Derby and he took his eye off it when the prem started flirting with him. That's my money, my club, so he deserves my contempt 

Oh dear i thought we gave Mclaren hero status ,when he coached a quality squad already assembled at the club,and took us a step nearer to the promised land.

Ward a player part of the change within the club,bringing stability and quality and a sense of pride within the club.

A coach and a x player who gave their best surly deserves our appreciation.

Boo Ward at your peril 

As a Boro fan our feelings about McClaren running the show for the much maligned skunks up the road are even stranger.

He did a lot for our club so we don't really have any animosity towards him, but of course we want to see them pass us through the trapdoor at the end of the season.

The most common reaction is to call him "Agent Schteve" and comment on what a marvellous job he's doing for us up there....

As a Boro fan our feelings about McClaren running the show for the much maligned skunks up the road are even stranger.

He did a lot for our club so we don't really have any animosity towards him, but of course we want to see them pass us through the trapdoor at the end of the season.

The most common reaction is to call him "Agent Schteve" and comment on what a marvellous job he's doing for us up there....

Say you lost Karanka to a Premiership club, would you want McClaren back?

I had a Uni mate from Middlesbrough. You boys really don't like the Geordies do you?

I'd have mixed feelings about such an appointment. I'd be unhappy to lose Karanka obviously, but other than that I don't know if Steve Mac would be the man to take us forward again?

I'd believe with our current squad he could certainly get us up, but there would be the paranoia he was going to up sticks at any time over the following season as he's fiercely ambitious. No one holds anything against him for leaving last time as when you hear the call to arms for England then a manager is often going to answer it, but it says volumes about his ruthless ambition when I think in England and the barcodes he has taken the two most thankless jobs in the UK (though both do pay rather handsomely)

I had a Uni mate from Middlesbrough. You boys really don't like the Geordies do you?

Not especially no. We hold Mackems in similar low regard. Though Monkey hangers and Quakers we don't mind at all and Durham in the middle of the lot is sort of like a football no man's land as it's people don't even have a nickname and are fair game to have loyalty to any of the clubs. We don't actually have any truck with each other as people, we usually get on just fine, just mainly when football rears its head do battle lines get drawn.

The ironic thing is much as the laughter the relegation of the Prem's current bottom two would bring, we'd actually miss their presence in the top flight were we to go up as the atmosphere at the games between them is always brilliant. In this league the nearest alternative we have to a derby game is Leeds and someone figured on our forum the other day that were that to happen with to our neighbours and no one nearer get promoted from the champo the nearest we would have to a derby match next year would be Man Citeh.

Which is ridiculous.

Archived