I'll Tell You What - An Evening With Robbie Savage at Derby Quad

Inverurie Ram

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

.Robbie Savage was signed while our club was struggling to stay competitive in the division and stayed until he retired

As a player he was divisive with the fans and played mostly in a struggling team,he always spoke well of the club and the fans.his input of what was happening at that period is part of our history,and a base that started the stability of the club.

.Im sure his talk will be interesting for our fans, and a chance to get together to talk about football and Derby County.

Sounds a good night to me

You lot are ******* unbelievable, granted we had him when he was past his best, yes he was on massive wages but that lad tried to embrace the club, tried to be the midfielder he once was and has only ever had nice things to say about the Rams and he did all this whilst taking constant flak from Derby fans. No one could ever criticise his effort, put more in then a lot of players at the time.

As as far as I see it he had more talent in his ageing years then any of us have, so to repeat something my nan used to say "if you haven't got anything nice to say, keep ya mush shut".

i bet on top of that, most of you weren't even following the Rams during the cat poo years.

best of luck to you Sav

If I wasn't busy that day I might've gone. Lot's of peope dislike him but he did an honest job for the club in a time we  were struggling.

Yes I would agree with this once we were relegated. In the Premiership he was unfit and pretty awful.

He made a lot of limited talent and put his heart into the club.

Yes, he can come across as a bit of a knob but he's pretty harmless 

As as far as I see it he had more talent in his ageing years then any of us have, so to repeat something my nan used to say "if you haven't got anything nice to say, keep ya mush shut".

Hypercritical piece of ****! 

Unless it's Sean Dyche right? :whistle:

Unless it's Sean Dyche right? :whistle:

He earnt that by publicly criticising our spending and then doing the same thing himself. I agreed with him at first, the money being thrown around in the championship this year is ridiculous.

Sav in no way has earnt any of the flak some people are giving. Yes he shouldn't have been on the wages he was on but that wasn't his fault was it and as I said a lot of people on here probably never even saw him play for us.

He earnt that by publicly criticising our spending and then doing the same thing himself. I agreed with him at first, the money being thrown around in the championship this year is ridiculous.

Sav in no way has earnt any of the flak some people are giving. Yes he shouldn't have been on the wages he was on but that wasn't his fault was it and as I said a lot of people on here probably never even saw him play for us.

I can't speak for everyone on here but I doubt the flak is over his wages, for me personally he was a terrible footballer, offered us absolutely nothing on the pitch and having read his autobiography and listened to him on 606 I think a night listening to him would be absolutely awful. I'm sure he's a great guy, just not one for me.

Considering this forum was only during Savage's time at Derby I would say a lot of people on here have seen him play for us. Just going by the first page, SRG I can guarantee saw Savage play, RLACML was also certainly around, Eddie the dinosaur has been around longer than Derby County, robglosta can't say for sure, Uttox another that I can guarantee has seen Savage....do you want me to go on?

Not like we're talking decades ago, he only left Derby 4 years ago so a strange thing to say. 

I think it's bloody awful everyone having a go at this idea! Leave Sav alone you lot! I mean what reason is there for all this hate?!?!?!? 

he was a terrible footballer

Well yeh, fair point...

offered us absolutely nothing on the pitch 

That too I suppose...

listened to him on 606

Oh yeh... Wait...

BOOOOO SAV OUT!!!

Come on, Sav started horrendously for us but he was a good player for us towards the end. I remember wearing a Robbie Savage mask to his last game, Reading away. I was sad to see him go.

Started horrendously for us and finished horrendously, he had his moments but overall horrendous. Putting football ability to one side I can understand how some can warm to him the same way as people find Keith Lemon and Big Brother entertaining, each to their own. I don't refuse to listen to 606 now because of his sideways passes, I find him awful to listen to compared to Alan Green which is saying something.

His autobiography did himself no favours with me as well, see despite my opinions on his ability still went out and bought his book. I'm sure he wouldn't be worried about a handful of fans on a football forum not attending, sure he will get a few in, maybe some across from Leicester or even up from Birmingham where they may remember him more fondly.

Archived