I'll Tell You What - An Evening With Robbie Savage at Derby Quad

Inverurie Ram

massively ran outta steam... Then took a few hits from old Gibson...

Gibbo using the classic rope-a-dope technique, let him tire himself out

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apology accepted, but when anyone refers to "You lot" it seemed logical that they were referring to "You" (second person plural meaning everyone) lot (collective noun meaning everyone) rather than merely those of us whom you had addressed by name, (ie no-one). So I now realised that your post was addressed to no-one, hence should be ignored by everyone as no one must take it personally......

I think!:huh:

Glad we've cleared that up,

Yeah, sorry about that. Kinda went off like a bit of a loon didn't I? Thanks for being so understanding, me we could be friends from now on? :thumbsup:

7.30 till 8.30, so not an evening with Robbie Savage, just an hour.

Still an hour too long for me, awful, awful player, who epitomised the club at the time.

If anyone goes, ask him can we have our three and a half years back please?

I wasn't trying to imply that people's problem with him were his wages, that personally was the only real gripe I had about him.

in terms of my statement about people on here criticising him, I know there will be a lot who did see him play. I followed the old telegraph site and have been reading a lot of the regular posters on here for years so I know the misery they went through. I'm referring to the new mob on here that only showed an interest in the Rams when things started clicking and never experienced one of the most depressing times in our history. In that time savage was one of the few players that actually gave a dam, on and off the pitch and surely deserves some respect.

and in reply to you saying he offered nothing! I'm sorry but that's garbage, his legs were gone but still wasn't afraid to put a tackle in, could pass a ball better then I ever thought he could, was more of a leader then any player we had at the time and would run his knackered old legs into the ground (not always to great effect) but showed passion and really tried to prove himself to a group of fans that were against him. 

I would agree with that. I didn’t like Savage before he came to Derby but he put in a lot of effort on and off the pitch and he deserves respect for that.

On the playing side I thought his final season was his worst. Definitely a season too far. It was the days of ‘make do and mend’ under the previous owners and I thought Savage was kept on just to fill a temporary gap until Miles Addison returned from long term injury. Unfortunately Miles was so bad when he returned that Savage ended up holding on to his first team place. It wasn't the best of times.

Robbie Savage was a 'player', he still is, he's doing well in his media career when you think of how many ex footballers are out there, I would imagine there's competition (although when you think of the pundits that actually get on the tv...hhmm).

I still follow him on twitter and facebook - his dogs are gorgeous.  I always think of him as being that annoying bloke in the pub, always doing something stupid , but you can't help but laugh with him, and actually like him (but don't admit it)

He meant to spell it with a 'c' though.

Brainiac

-br +m divided by the square root of a nincompoop times 3.000.000 Belgian bottles of beer on the wall to the eleventh ego power, subtract reality, add three dozes of delusions of grandeur, stir in insanity for sixty something years and presto we can all have a good laugh.

Brainiac

-br +m divided by the square root of a nincompoop times 3.000.000 Belgian bottles of beer on the wall to the eleventh ego power, subtract reality, add three dozes of delusions of grandeur, stir in insanity for sixty something years and presto we can all have a good laugh.

I must be a genius - I'm the only living Englishman who can pronounce Eyjafjallajökull

I must be a genius - I'm the only living Englishman who can pronounce Eyjafjallajökull

And for that and for being a good sport n all, if you haven't seen the French comedy Eyjafjallajökull, here it is, it's quite good.

There's a bunch of pop ups, but yanno, it's free and all.

P.S.  i was dreading your reply, that's how scared i am of you

http://www.solarmovie.cz/watch-eyjafjallajokull-2013-online.html

And for that and for being a good sport n all, if you haven't seen the French comedy Eyjafjallajökull, here it is, it's quite good.

There's a bunch of pop ups, but yanno, it's free and all.

P.S.  i was dreading your reply, that's how scared i am of you

http://www.solarmovie.cz/watch-eyjafjallajokull-2013-online.html

Scared?

Says the man who shares an island with something like 130 volcanoes?

Never.

Scared?

Says the man who shares an island with something like 130 volcanoes?

Never.

Yes but only 18 are active.  The fact that i'm sitting on one of them is irrelevant, i'm really just a pussycat.

Not buying it huh?  Alright, my wife wears the pants in this house, there, i said it, well, wrote it anyhoo.

When i see the pleasant Eddie, i picture you like this.  Don´t ask how i picture you when you're in a mean mood.

Up.jpg

Yes but only 18 are active.  The fact that i'm sitting on one of them is irrelevant, i'm really just a pussycat.

Not buying it huh?  Alright, my wife wears the pants in this house, there, i said it, well, wrote it anyhoo.

When i see the pleasant Eddie, i picture you like this.  Don´t ask how i picture you when you're in a mean mood.

Up.jpg

Where did you get Utch's photo?

Archived