I'll Tell You What - An Evening With Robbie Savage at Derby Quad

Inverurie Ram

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You lot are ******* unbelievable, granted we had him when he was past his best, yes he was on massive wages but that lad tried to embrace the club, tried to be the midfielder he once was and has only ever had nice things to say about the Rams and he did all this whilst taking constant flak from Derby fans. No one could ever criticise his effort, put more in then a lot of players at the time.

As as far as I see it he had more talent in his ageing years then any of us have, so to repeat something my nan used to say "if you haven't got anything nice to say, keep ya mush shut".

i bet on top of that, most of you weren't even following the Rams during the cat poo years.

best of luck to you Sav

A) Like most of the posters here, Robbie has a sense of humour and knows how to take a spot of banter.

B) It was Thumper's mother in 'Bambi' who said "If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all.

C) I am a mere newcomer as a Rams supporter, having only followed them since 1969, many on here have followed them for much longer, and those that haven't have been born in more recent years than 1950.

D) Dave Mackay he indubitably ain't!

We, too, wish Savinho the best of luck.

I wasn't trying to imply that people's problem with him were his wages, that personally was the only real gripe I had about him.

in terms of my statement about people on here criticising him, I know there will be a lot who did see him play. I followed the old telegraph site and have been reading a lot of the regular posters on here for years so I know the misery they went through. I'm referring to the new mob on here that only showed an interest in the Rams when things started clicking and never experienced one of the most depressing times in our history. In that time savage was one of the few players that actually gave a dam, on and off the pitch and surely deserves some respect.

and in reply to you saying he offered nothing! I'm sorry but that's garbage, his legs were gone but still wasn't afraid to put a tackle in, could pass a ball better then I ever thought he could, was more of a leader then any player we had at the time and would run his knackered old legs into the ground (not always to great effect) but showed passion and really tried to prove himself to a group of fans that were against him. 

A) Like most of the posters here, Robbie has a sense of humour and knows how to take a spot of banter.

B) It was Thumper's mother in 'Bambi' who said "If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all.

C) I am a mere newcomer as a Rams supporter, having only followed them since 1969, many on here have followed them for much longer, and those that haven't have been born in more recent years than 1950.

D) Dave Mackay he indubitably ain't!

We, too, wish Savinho the best of luck.

sorry, did I mention you personally?

I'm referring to the new mob on here that only showed an interest in the Rams when things started clicking

When did that happen? Or did I miss it whilst banging my head repeatedly on the bar in front of my seat? Got a good dent in it now having spent the last 18 yrs at it...

and in reply to you saying he offered nothing! I'm sorry but that's garbage, his legs were gone but still wasn't afraid to put a tackle in, could pass a ball better then I ever thought he could, was more of a leader then any player we had at the time and would run his knackered old legs into the ground (not always to great effect) but showed passion and really tried to prove himself to a group of fans that were against him. 

My biggest problem with his ability was that he wasn't as good as Matt Oakley...

i've been a fan since 1970, but only relatively recently signed up for the forum. i think i've earned my right to an opinion.  i don't dislike Savage at all, it's his opinions on football matters that dumbfound me, for he is almost always absolutely wrong but that's just my opinion of course.  He makes me laugh sometimes, if that's any consolation.

My biggest problem with his ability was that he wasn't as good as Matt Oakley...

Ha, could never understand why we let him go. Would have been a massive help during that first season back in the championship.

i've been a fan since 1970, but only relatively recently signed up for the forum. i think i've earned my right to an opinion.  i don't dislike Savage at all, it's his opinions on football matters that dumbfound me, for he is almost always absolutely wrong but that's just my opinion of course.  He makes me laugh sometimes, if that's any consolation.

Then my comment wasn't aimed at you Sir. No offence intended. 

You do need a joker in the pack and Sav plays the role very well.

i think i've earned my right to an opinion. 

Nooooooooooppppp

You don't EARN the right to an opinion... It's inherent...

HOWEVER whether people give it any respect or not probably does need to be earned... And has nothing to do with longevity... or around here logic either...

Nooooooooooppppp

You don't EARN the right to an opinion... It's inherent...

HOWEVER whether people give it any respect or not probably does need to be earned... And has nothing to do with longevity... or around here logic either...

Well what sort of chance does that give me then?  i usually spout nonsense, wait, you're right, that could work in my favor

Had to search this. Entertainment:

Do admire him for that. Wish he'd stopped two and a half minutes though.

He did have a point, things weren't going well at the time and the last thing that was needed was the local media wading in coming out with things like that. 

Do admire him for that. Wish he'd stopped two and a half minutes though.

He did have a point, things weren't going well at the time and the last thing that was needed was the local media wading in coming out with things like that. 

massively ran outta steam... Then took a few hits from old Gibson...

sorry, did I mention you personally?

Apology accepted, but when anyone refers to "You lot" it seemed logical that they were referring to "You" (second person plural meaning everyone) lot (collective noun meaning everyone) rather than merely those of us whom you had addressed by name, (ie no-one). So I now realised that your post was addressed to no-one, hence should be ignored by everyone as no one must take it personally......

I think!:huh:

Glad we've cleared that up,

Archived