Simon Dawkins

TheDeadlySaul

Derby forward Simon Dawkins is back in training with the Rams after missing Jamaica's World Cup qualifier against Haiti due to a "family issue".

The 27-year-old was an unused substitute in Jamaica's defeat by Panama last Friday.

One report claimed Dawkins had returned from international duty early because he was "disappointed" at not featuring against Panama but this has been dismissed.

"I heard that report about him being unhappy, but he is OK," said Clement.

"I have spoken to Simon and he said to me he asked permission to leave (the Jamaican squad) after the first game to attend to a family issue, which was in Jamaica and he was granted permission to do that."

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

can people honestly say they would have him ahead of Johnson, Hendrick, Bryson, Butterfield and a fit Hughes? 

No... But having on the basis we only have 3 wingers and there have already been times when 1 was injured I would have had him on the bench quite a few times...

29 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I think paul had a arm around his shoulders you been through a lot lately I want take some preasure on you and just lost your mum and when your ready to play again the door is open to you.

I get your point b4 and I honestly think we all agree with you. But the problem is the world doesnt let you have months off work after you've lost family. As sad as it is Dawkins needs to pull himself together, maybe even play in memory of his mother, as the team is steaming ahead while he's been gone. It's not like a space can be held in the squad for him, as much as we would all like it to be, there is simply too many players chomping to take the place

49 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

I get your point b4 and I honestly think we all agree with you. But the problem is the world doesnt let you have months off work after you've lost family. As sad as it is Dawkins needs to pull himself together, maybe even play in memory of his mother, as the team is steaming ahead while he's been gone. It's not like a space can be held in the squad for him, as much as we would all like it to be, there is simply too many players chomping to take the place

Different people deal with problems in different ways. Some people deal with it in a bad way. His mental health is more important he needs to sort that before anything. If that is the problem anyway

It is easy for you to say but one of my family members had 6 weeks out as it was having a big affect menitly for about 6 weeks out of work. I hope no one you know who is greatly ill and nrothing you can do about it. It can really unhinge you mind sending you to crazy house.

Hey dawkins if you ever need someone to talk too I am here okay.

3 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

It is easy for you to say but one of my family members had 6 weeks out as it was having a big affect menitly for about 6 weeks out of work. I hope no one you know who is greatly ill and nrothing you can do about it. It can really unhinge you mind sending you to crazy house.

Hey dawkins if you ever need someone to talk too I am here okay.

Don't think Simon Dawkins read this forum. 

9 hours ago, cheron85 said:
41 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Don't think Simon Dawkins read this forum. 

o... But having on the basis we only have 3 wingers and there have already been times when 1 was injured I would have had him on the bench quite a few times...

But if he does read it, he is probably scared.....very scared,..... at the number of psychiatrists that live in Derby. 

All the best Dawkins, would be good to see you back (just in case he is reading).

1 hour ago, Jordy said:
1 hour ago, Jordy said:

If you consider comparing two different cultures as racism, then yes, you're right.

If you consider comparing two different cultures as racism, then yes, you're right.

No, not at all, there are quite obviously differences between different races and cultures. My comment was slightly tongue-in-cheek.

But consider, if someone had said something along the lines of " Us English care more about our children than the blacks do, so therefore white players may need more time off if their child is ill."

How would a statement like that have gone down?

2 hours ago, Grimbeard said:

No, not at all, there are quite obviously differences between different races and cultures. My comment was slightly tongue-in-cheek.

But consider, if someone had said something along the lines of " Us English care more about our children than the blacks do, so therefore white players may need more time off if their child is ill."

How would a statement like that have gone down?

about as well as Eranio's comment did

Archived