Simon Dawkins

TheDeadlySaul

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Daveo said:

blow when Derby County midfielder Simon Dawkins returned home to England, for what has been claimed to be “personal reason”.

But OBSERVER ONLINE understands that Dawkins may have opted to rejoin his club out of frustration for not being included in Jamaica’s 0-2 loss to Panama inside the National Stadium on Friday.

http://m.jamaicaobserver.com/mobile/latestnews/WORLD-CUP-QUALIFIER--Injuries--withdrawals-rock-Boyz-ahead-of-Haiti-clash

He had my sympathy making long trip just to sit on the bench. But if he returned for that... unprofessional attitude deserves no sympathy.

Hey you perhaps you have not sit by someone death bed watching someone them die and someone you love dearly and really messes with your head. I know this because I watched my grandma die to her very last breath and was not pleasent experance so leave dawkins alone the little preasure on him the better.

Based on ability, Dawks should be in the match day squad, probably on the bench.

he has a contribution to make as a centre mid, and occasionally as a sub for russell or ince in the wide position.

he can't still be injured 16 games into the season.

we are not flush will options up front. Its time he was back.

2 hours ago, TroyDyer said:

If he was basing opinions on that game, the whole squad would have been dropped. 

Yep, if anything he as our best player in that match  - he was certainly the only player in our midfield or forward line who was capable of passing the ball to another player in a white shirt

In that game he played 3-4 what would surely have been 'key passes' to set others' on their way, had they not then wasted it by running into trouble and not lookng playing the return ball.

It was pretty much as how his Jamaica Gold Cup (or the other pre-season tournament) appearances went - giving the ball to the likes of McCleary and Barnes who had **** all interest in playing possession football and instead went for the spectacular every time - it worked for them to an extent, but they were found out for what they were in the final.

I said at the start of the season that I was happy for him playing for Jamaica but I did think it had ruined his chances of making a proper impression on Clement, and unfortunately for him it seems to have followed that this was indeed the case.

Interestingly,  Captain Baird is moaning he's not playing, while being mediocre imho, while Dawkins just seems to just get on with it, of either player its him who should be moaning, especially when we were playing people out of position during the 'Great Midfielder Injury crisis 2015' .... Shame Clem is giving him such a hard time,he's been a model Pro, not moaning, doing all thats asked etc ?....

I'd like to know whats gome on, has there been a fall out? is he regarded as one of stevie mac's lad's?  there's surly some role for him, he's excellent with the ball, and we have lot of it thse days. he was also a target of te boo boys, id love to see him do a keogh. can someone ask mel? Pearce and Dawks have been unlucky really. Baird really hasnt

41 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

I agree. Baird was given a chance, didn't take it. Then brought back in, didn't deliver. 

Dawkins and Pearce don't seem to have been given one. 

Maybe based on not performing in training or not even training at all? That is their best chance of impressing the manager, Monday to Friday.

2 hours ago, TroyDyer said:

I agree. Baird was given a chance, didn't take it. Then brought back in, didn't deliver. 

Dawkins and Pearce don't seem to have been given one. 

Pearce has been on the bench.  There'd be uproar if he tinkered with the Keogh/Shacks partnership, and rightly so.  

yeah, nobody is getting between keogh and shackell at the minute.  suppose he couldnt really have known he's be so far down the pecking order when he signed as shackell wasnt here yet, he was whitbreads direct replacement i'd say, but whitbread wasnt on the pitch because he cant stay fit, with buxton out before, we do/did need the cover. if your best chance to impress the manager is in training, thats your only chance though isnt it, and i'd imagine thats not the easiest thing to do when we hit  busy months of tuesday saturdays because alot of those sessions are about recovery. Pearce has been singled out by the staff for his professionalism, maybe that says abit about the situation, because he's not alone in missing out. from what ive seen, which isnt that much, i'd still rather Buxton was immediate back up, at least for shackell anyroad

I feel for Dawks i really do. however if he was good enough to be in our team he would be, can people honestly say they would have him ahead of Johnson, Hendrick, Bryson, Butterfield and a fit Hughes? I really hope he gets back on track whether it be with us or someone else. Gifted no doubt but cant see him anywhere near the 18 any time soon.

Archived