Chris Baird

ollieb123

Typical of some of our 'support', I'm afraid. They need a scapegoat to fill in the blanks when they grunt "Ug. Team bad. ******'s fault."

And then get all offended when someone has the audacity to respond. You're not shouting at the TV, you know? Yes it was unprofessional but some of our "fans" need to be told to "f**k off" at the moment

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes man i am very and i feel deeply offended by the c unt :ph34r:

And here's me thinking that you weren't the sharpest chisel in the box - well played on bypassing the swear filter.

And then get all offended when someone has the audacity to respond. You're not shouting at the TV, you know? Yes it was unprofessional but some of our "fans" need to be told to "f**k off" at the moment

They're very sensitive, and probably need a hug.

I am delighted to see our attitude has improved. I'll never forget hearing some of our players booed as the team was read out under Jewell. I am further delighted to see that the general attitude of society, that you have a right to whatever you want and instantly, has equally spread through the fans.

I keep hoping my idea for a fan cull can be put to bed. I am certain that under the definition of moral/vocal support it says consistent booing and excessive abuse generates improved performances. There is nothing more irritating in life than people who give abuse but can't take it. Probably not the most professional thing for Baird to do, but I applaud him for it. All your money guarantees you is a seat to watch the match, not a right to be a dick.

The issue isn't whether Baird should be captain or not (personally I think there are at least 2 better candidates who, barring a massive drop in form, would be cast-iron certainties for selection every week). It's not does he deserve a place in the starting eleven - I don't think he does but that's totally irrelevant.

It's to how we as a fan base, react when things don't go as we want, expect or feel they should. The first half yesterday, against what I thought was a decent Leeds side was poor, very poor. From the kickoff, we started slowly and handed the initiative to the visitors and I thought we were lucky to be only one down at the break.

For so called 'supporters' to then vent their anger on one individual was shameful and embarrassing - not so much the booing which greeted the specific incident when Baird reacted (which was understandable but ill-advised from the captain) but the subsequent reaction every time he touched the ball. I was glad when the half time whistle went and for the rest of the match he could get further away from those ****** who consider themselves as supporters. You look at clubs like Crystal Palace and (I hate to say it) Stoke and see how their fans get behind the team when things aren't going well to see what proper support is. We pride ourselves on being a 'big club' - whatever that means - part of the justification for that tag is the gates we get, but I would much rather see 23k who really get behind OUR team than the 29k in attendance yesterday, a small minority of whom are probably tanked-up, foul-mouthed bully boys.

That's what I think anyway.

I can't agree with you on this one Sage, I'd much prefer to see Christie play RB.  I'd also avoid playing him in midfield at all. I really don't know why we signed him, swearing at the crowd or not the guy isn't a step forward, like much of his passing it's a step sideways at best but most likely backwards. 

I can't agree with you on this one Sage, I'd much prefer to see Christie play RB.  I'd also avoid playing him in midfield at all. I really don't know why we signed him, swearing at the crowd or not the guy isn't a step forward, like much of his passing it's a step sideways at best but most likely backwards.

Next time play watch what Ince does when Baird get the ball. A little like Bent, Ince prefers receiving the final or penultimate pass in a move, but less so the first. Therefore Baird is vary rarely offered a straightforward forward pass to the winger in front of him.  

He is often faced with a risky 45 degree inside pass through a congested midfield. He then often passes it square inside to keep possession.  

Christie would be more likely to take that pass on or run with the ball. He is also more likely to lose possession and spark a counter attack.

Ince's positioning when Baird get's the ball is terrible and once he addresses that it will make a huge difference to both of them. Time and again Ince just stands within yards of Baird either facing our goal or the touchlines. Ince needs to make the gap between him and Baird bigger. He needs to be moving and not static when he wants to receive the ball. To be facing towards the opponents goal or at least have the ability to turn immediately towards it as he takes his first touch or allows the ball to pass him and turn. It's fairly simple stuff. He can either come inside or go down the line. 

I don't know what is going on there for this to not be happening. But it needs to be addressed immediately. What is the logic? Does Ince literally want to attack from the half way line. Can he not be arsed to make that movement. Does he trust no RB? If I was the RB playing behind him I would be furious with him and give him a right ear full. Get the **** out of my way, make a run and let me deal with threading the pass through to you. 

Weimann is still finding himself. The reality is he is far more suited to a central role. But look at what he does. He makes a run and he begs a player to put the ball in front of him. That's exactly what Ince should be doing. Occasionally Ince get's it right. Before the pass is even made if you make the correct movement then you have already beaten your man. Where as too often Ince has it at his feet with his man right in front of him with a second man fast approaching and within 8 or so yards once he finally makes his move to beat the man. He is making it far harder than it needs to be. 

Next time play watch what Ince does when Baird get the ball. A little like Bent, Ince prefers receiving the final or penultimate pass in a move, but less so the first. Therefore Baird is vary rarely offered a straightforward forward pass to the winger in front of him.  

He is often faced with a risky 45 degree inside pass through a congested midfield. He then often passes it square inside to keep possession.  

Christie would be more likely to take that pass on or run with the ball. He is also more likely to lose possession and spark a counter attack.

And that's why Baird received 'support' yesterday. For my money he didn't do an awful lot wrong, but the numpties wanted him to lump a long ball forward so that Leeds could head it away.

I'm glad he kept the ball for us and in the end only thing he gave back was a bit of stick to some fans.

He is to slow getting the ball fowards and keeps going back. I drop him nexr game and put dawkins in midfield.

Didn't look all that slow to me in the last couple of games, and going back is part and parcel of playing a possession based game, something people are complaining that we're not doing enough of. Just seems that the captain's armband makes players a target at the moment, and if you throw enough tomatoes at someone they'll eventually smell like them. That doesn't suddenly make them a tomato though. 

He's not been our best player by any stretch, but he's not been the problem, the disjointed midfield has. 

Could post this on any thread really but may as well be here:

Most of the threads since the season started are understandably tainted with increasing frustration. We all want to get behind the team & management but its difficult when things are clearly not right with the team. We expected and needed to hit the ground running and impose ourselves on the division.

Personally I am concerned that the players don't look happy and haven't looked happy even in pre-season. Injuries to midfield have been appalling but I have a horrible feeling there is more to it.

The good ship DCFC isn't a happy ship imo. 

Archived