Chris Baird

ollieb123

Chris is a tidy defender but thats it.

he's not an overlapping attacking full back

he's not a midfield player who can play a bit, or drive us forward

And he's not a charismatic captain who can fire us up or lead by example

He's ok but he has been over promoted and over-rated by PC

I absolutely agree with this. It's like watching Richard Jackson play at right back. He gets a nosebleed if he goes over the halfway line.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Baird is a good right back. Unfortunately we have the most spoilt, ungrateful, moaning fans that I have ever had the displeasure of knowing, let alone being part of. 

Some of you need to look at yourselves before you start pointing fingers at the players. It's unacceptable to boo your own players during a match, and it's ridiculous how much we get on the players backs when they are keeping possession, then as soon as we play it forward like you are all urging them to do every ball we lose it and you all moan again! Unfortunately we are suffering from the fact that we had a few games full of killer passes 2 seasons ago and we now expect every pass to cut open their defence despite the fact we haven't replicated that form for a year and a half. 

a few half times boos might actually have helped PC to impress upon them that the performance just wasn't good enough.

it was leeds we were playing ffs.

not turning up is inexcusable......almost as bad as last years non-event v Forest.

The treatment dished out to Baird today made me embarrassed to be an East stander, 2nd time in the last 4 home league games I've felt that way, something ugly has taken hold of some of our fans.

Expectations... All this hype and excitement getting a new manager and new players has played a huge part in it. Too many fans think we can just 'walk' this league; they need to wake up and realize it's the Championship. 

Expectations... All this hype and excitement getting a new manager and new players has played a huge part in it. Too many fans think we can just 'walk' this league; they need to wake up and realize it's the Championship. 

More people need to forget the year and half of good football under McClaren, and remember the last 3 months when we only managed to beat relegated Wigan and Blackpool. We had the form of a bottom 6 side at the end of last season, and we have that now. Too many muppet fans believe what the bookies and other fans were saying about us being better than we actually are.

Baird this, Ince that. 

One of the main reasons Baird has to go constantly sideways or backwards is because he has little options ahead of him due to people being marked because of the conservative, slow play Clement seems to prefer.

One of the reasons Ince isn't looking like he did last season is because no-one is getting him the ball swiftly due to people being marked because of the conservative, play Clement seems to prefer.

Perhaps we should be looking at the way the manager has set them out to play rather than lambasting individuals.

Again it brings me to the majority of fans. I ain't aiming this at the forum at all.

What kind if idea the general fan has?

Shouting "shhhoooooooooot" today when Silvestri had cleared the ball to the right touchline 45 yards out and was three yards off his line.

I heard the same yesterday at the Blackburn v Bolton game but their the lad was 60 yards out.

Some fans really are clueless.

Yet they'll be the ones up and screaming dogs abuse cos the player didn't play an 80 yard all they the experts could have played in their sleep.

I really don't like anyone who boos their own players, don't understand it and never will.

Get us off the telly every fookin week, stop talking about us winning the league, let us get on with the job.  Stop the hype and the expectation.  We were never going to hit the ground running with the new players/formation and I think it was unfair of the media to bull us up like they have.  

That said, there's a long way to go and it's such a pity that some fans have been caught up in the hype and have turned on the team already.  Such pressure so early on, it's wrong. 

Get us off the telly every fookin week, stop talking about us winning the league, let us get on with the job.  Stop the hype and the expectation.  We were never going to hit the ground running with the new players/formation and I think it was unfair of the media to bull us up like they have.  

That said, there's a long way to go and it's such a pity that some fans have been caught up in the hype and have turned on the team already.  Such pressure so early on, it's wrong. 

I've not turned on the team I just want a couple of quality recruits to supplement what we have. 

What did you enjoy about the first half today. 

Second half we did ok for 20 minutes. 

Clement needs time but the board need to back him if he wants it .  

ive read through this thread and im gob smacked! what Baird did today was wrong club captains dont tell home fans to **** off!

he was no worse than other players preformance wise but he cant say that he a player at our club OUR CLUB! Baird can **** off for me they all need a reality check we expect results this season not more propoganda and bull **** results!

be patient my arse be better DCFC players and earn you're ******* money!

It was you wasn't it. He told you to **** off and he was right to as well.

I've not turned on the team I just want a couple of quality recruits to supplement what we have. 

What did you enjoy about the first half today. 

Second half we did ok for 20 minutes. 

Clement needs time but the board need to back him if he wants it .  

I wasn't actually replying to anyone on this thread, just having my say. Sorry if you thought it was personal.  Just think we need patience. 

I wasn't actually replying to anyone on this thread, just having my say. Sorry if you thought it was personal.  Just think we need patience. 

That's what I thought and your right. 

Dont forget we were going to walk the league on here.

I think I'm going against the trend by saying we need 2 quality players but that would give us a new burst of life and help the other lads in the team . 

Im not sure Baird can last 90 mins at full back certainly not if we are playing the 4-3-3 formation.

we need the fullbacks to give us width and he cannot Get up and down week in week out.

but does the armband make him undroppable?

I dont massively rate him and i have shouted criticism at him but when a load of idiots in the east stand near me all started booing whenever he got the ball , that is just pathetic .

Typical of some of our 'support', I'm afraid. They need a scapegoat to fill in the blanks when they grunt "Ug. Team bad. ******'s fault."

get real ! he was **** same as most but he told fans to **** off ! we will be here long after that jumped up t wat has gone

**** him!

Translation:

"Ug has right to boo who Ug want!"

Archived