Chris Baird

ollieb123

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right, perhaps he should not have reacted to the fans but then we as a bunch of fans are shocking.

If the ball isn't played forward every time we moan, who did Baird have in front of him? Hanson and Ince.

1) Hanson is still learning and had a decent game I thought, he is trying to do the basics and not mess up.

2) Ince, sorry a waste of space for me, and a load of money. Ince is so poor defensively and 70% of the time doesn't even try, if you get a chance to watch the game again keep your eye on his work rate without the ball, Fishcakes! Drop him! Would be very interested to see the win/lose/draw stats with Ince playing.

Regarding us having a go at Baird before half time and him kicking off at us, he had no other option but to pass the ball backwards.

Fans pay there money and have every right to groan at boring Baird playing backward passes EVERY time he gets the ball. For him to turn round and have a go is out of order we pay his wages, if he could get his players up they wouldn't play Clough like football and nobody would groan. He owes an apology in my opinion and doesn't deserve the armband.

Should be having a go at Ince if any player. 4.75m worth of nothing. He is offering nothing to the team, can't beat his man, can't find a pass and his defending is woeful. 

Hull knew exactly what they was doing and knew him better than what we did.

Seem to remember Ince banging goals in for fun at the end of last season, what's changed since then apart from the coach maybe that's where you should be directing your angst towards 

Fans pay there money and have every right to groan at boring Baird playing backward passes EVERY time he gets the ball. For him to turn round and have a go is out of order we pay his wages, if he could get his players up they wouldn't play Clough like football and nobody would groan. He owes an apology in my opinion and doesn't deserve the armband.

yes he should apologise, I agree. 

Tell me, since when has the right back position become an issue for us? Cyrus Christie was one of our best players till January last year. 

Ask yourselves what has changed?

The very fact we have played three players at RB this season shows the issue isn't addressed. 

Getting a guaranteed starting RB to me is as important as a midfielder.

Saying Baird and players like Hanson have been good - good hasn't won us a game in six....

Isn't the only reason we have played 3 at right back because of injuries to midfield meaning baird had to move into midfield so christie came in and when christie has not been on the bench shotton has had to come in.

For me baird was no worse or better than any other derby player in the first half. Some fans seem to be on his back for no reason than the fact that they don't like him. 

Fans are far too precious, yeah its a little unprofessional to get involved with the fans, but fans love to dish out every insult under the sun soon as they get some back they start crying, get a grip. 

Some Derby fans need a wake up call to their expectations, its gone to some fans heads and the moaning over every little mis control or mis placed pass is ridiculous, they are championship players not champions league players.

Seem to remember Ince banging goals in for fun at the end of last season, what's changed since then apart from the coach maybe that's where you should be directing your angst towards 

The fact that Ince has just got a great big contract with a nice wage might just do it.

He shows no fight whatsoever, and like another poster says, it would be great to see his win ratio whilst in the team. He isn't a team player, he's like his dad, me me me. Very selfish player who plays for himself and not the team.

I think Baird needed to use some of the experience that he's evidently got - responding to moaning fans is never going to make things better so it was a daft thing to do...

My bigger issue was his complete lack of leadership - when they scored, the players all trudged back to their 'kick off' positions, but there was no encouragement, no rollicking or indeed anything else from our captain - he just seemed to accept it. Could you imagine Igor, Wrighty, Van Der Laan, Mackay simply accepting the goal without trying to get some sort of reaction from the players - even Keogh would have been showing some sort of reaction (for all his faults as a captain - and I'm pleased he isn't anymore as he's looked a better player without the added pressure). A captian needs to lead - Baird didn't show any leadership today and that's unacceptable.

clough like football, you must be joking? we couldn't put more than about 2 passes together under clough, I think some people forget how bad we really have been under some previous managers. Second half was more like how we need to play over 90 minutes, passing and moving and energy. First half too static without the ball but with the ball we are still no where near as bad as some people are making out.

And unfortunatley for baird he is in his 30s, if someone doesn't give him an option going forwards he has to go backwards. He's too slow to beat his man and work a gap to find a man. Second half like i said though more energy and movement, there were more options. 

yes he should apologise, I agree. 

Tell me, since when has the right back position become an issue for us? Cyrus Christie was one of our best players till January last year. 

Ask yourselves what has changed?

If Christie hadn't lost his confidence and played a full season how he did at the start Baird wouldn't be anywhere near the team. Fozzy has improved but we're still lacking a full back with a bit of flare. 

Archived