Derby v Burnley

SaintRam

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Makes no odds for me, can make the game still and I like night matches. Just hate hate hate the way games get moved like this. Means a lower crowd. Not only is it a weekday now but people will have made plans around the fixture list as it is and then it gets screwed when games are moved.

We would have been there on the Saturday, but it will be another two empty seats on a Monday night I'm afraid. I drive up if it's on a Tues or Wed, but it's Monday morning I drive down to Somerset to work. Would be a 460 mile day, with a ten hour shift squeezed in somehow. SKY TO$$ERS. 

And here we are again :) 

Honestly I can feel your frustrations for those that can't make it now, must be a real ballache when you have paid for a season ticket  up front and watching games get moved, it's also a ballache for me when it costs the price of a season ticket to get to 4 games a season, guess that's my choice for living over here.

When I see comments like Sky Sports is ruining football I think of the thousands of Derby fans outside the UK that can now watch the game like Bris, Mcsilks, Muespach, the fans in the UK like iRam and Cumbrian where it would cost even more than me to get to the game and can now see it for as little as £7 with NowTV and can't help but think how great Sky Sports is. Controversial I know. 

When you buy a season ticket you know this will happen tho, it shouldn't but it does and that's the only thing I would criticise Sky for, not working with the PL and FL before they release the fixtures, allowing fans to book holidays etc. knowing when games are on.

At the same time Sky want to cover the important games, towards the back end of the season there is no way predicting these. 

Only solution would be for Sky to be allowed to screen games at 3pm on a Saturday, would it effect attendances? maybe, hard to tell without trying. 

By the way I can only make Saturday games as well, any midweek unless they are away and within an hour away like Rotherham or Hull it's a no go so if this was a game I was selecting to go to I'm screwed as well.

I understand they want to put the best games on. I understand that changes as the season goes on. I don't understand why there's an apocalypse if a 3pm match is shown but whatever. Move it to 12. 5. Move it to Sunday at a push

**** off moving it to week days. Not only does it effect people that have already payed for the game it effects traveling fans who have booked planes, trains and hotels. 

Leeds, Burnley, MK Dons, Wolves and Forest thus far.

If they can add games on this close, I'd expect more to be moved too.

I miss the Leeds game on a train to Wembley, MK Dons I'll watch on the IPad whilst getting the kids lunch ready, Wolves I''ll miss I'm on a train, and Forest I'll just squeeze in before going to see The Wedding Present at the School of Art Glasgow.

Honestly I can feel your frustrations for those that can't make it now, must be a real ballache when you have paid for a season ticket  up front and watching games get moved, it's also a ballache for me when it costs the price of a season ticket to get to 4 games a season, guess that's my choice for living over here.

When I see comments like Sky Sports is ruining football I think of the thousands of Derby fans outside the UK that can now watch the game like Bris, Mcsilks, Muespach, the fans in the UK like iRam and Cumbrian where it would cost even more than me to get to the game and can now see it for as little as £7 with NowTV and can't help but think how great Sky Sports is. Controversial I know. 

When you buy a season ticket you know this will happen tho, it shouldn't but it does and that's the only thing I would criticise Sky for, not working with the PL and FL before they release the fixtures, allowing fans to book holidays etc. knowing when games are on.

At the same time Sky want to cover the important games, towards the back end of the season there is no way predicting these. 

Only solution would be for Sky to be allowed to screen games at 3pm on a Saturday, would it effect attendances? maybe, hard to tell without trying. 

By the way I can only make Saturday games as well, any midweek unless they are away and within an hour away like Rotherham or Hull it's a no go so if this was a game I was selecting to go to I'm screwed as well.

How much does it cost you to get to a home game? I've no idea where you are. I've an idea, but no idea half the time what's a wind up or running joke on here, and what's not! 

I'm not complaining about the move. Well, not much. Just saying that I won't be able to make it, and that sky are 'whatever'. Nothing is going to change my view of them. I'll never watch a game on sky. 

Maybe it's time to try the live game at three on a Saturday. I can't see how it's going to effect crowds elsewhere. Who the hell wants to  watch Derby play Burnley, except for fans of the two clubs? 

And fans in the UK like the Aberdeenshire Rams, that live so far up North, that most trips involves flights, or overnight 12 hour bus trips, hotels, beer, food, match tickets and all the rest, or a 12 hour drive in a day, like Preston away, with most trips costing an arm and a leg, and when we all get home, usually a trip to the quacks to see if our arms and legs are still working!

Plus battling through several feet of snow in the winter and endless rain, make every game we can get on the TV, rather handy indeed.

I won't even mention one trip down south where a Goose flew into the windscreen, I didn't need air conditioning that day, but I certainly enjoyed a hot bath when I got home. On a positive note, I felt a lot better than the mangled Goose did.

How much does it cost you to get to a home game? I've no idea where you are. I've an idea, but no idea half the time what's a wind up or running joke on here, and what's not! 

I'm not complaining about the move. Well, not much. Just saying that I won't be able to make it, and that sky are 'whatever'. Nothing is going to change my view of them. I'll never watch a game on sky. 

Maybe it's time to try the live game at three on a Saturday. I can't see how it's going to effect crowds elsewhere. Who the hell wants to  watch Derby play Burnley, except for fans of the two clubs? 

Costs me around £80 without food and drink on top as the missus refuses to pay for her ticket as she wouldn't be interested in going if it wasn't for me and I have to top the car up with petrol. Moans like **** about the miles I put on her car as well but the train would cost even more.

Be cheaper once I've passed my driving test but then I'd need to rent a friend to go with, don't fancy sitting there like a loner. 

Archived