Derby v Burnley

SaintRam

Being stuck in the '70s (and why not?) I recall Lord Brian complaining that with Super Derby being the televised match almost every week, other managers had a better chance of working out strategies for dealing with our unique methods of taking max points.

The fact that we kept winning made us victims of our own success, but I was able to live with that then and reckon I can manage to do so again!

Loadsamoney going into the Rams' coffers, can't argue with that.

No longer really relevant though, every manager has access to footage of all of our games. As we do theirs too. Being on telly makes no difference for the other managers.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TV move games fair enough. But normally to a Friday, Sunday or either late or early on Saturday. I cant remember us playing on a Monday due to TV before. Maybe its Sky making up for losing Euro coverage this season. Looking at their schedule without this game they'd have no live football for an entire Mon - Friday. That never happened in the past when they had Champions League.

I expect to get more Monday night championship matches this season.

http://www.skysports.com/watch/football-on-sky

TV move games fair enough. But normally to a Friday, Sunday or either late or early on Saturday. I cant remember us playing on a Monday due to TV before. Maybe its Sky making up for losing Euro coverage this season. Looking at their schedule without this game they'd have no live football for an entire Mon - Friday. That never happened in the past when they had Champions League.

I expect to get more Monday night championship matches this season.

http://www.skysports.com/watch/football-on-sky

It did, go see the other thread. happened last season, just the first time it's happened to us

No longer really relevant though, every manager has access to footage of all of our games. As we do theirs too. Being on telly makes no difference for the other managers.

Saturdays at 3pm, Star Soccer on Sunday, Wednesday nights at 7.30.

The rhythm of life is a powerful beat.

At least we knew what was going on!

Nobody moans when they are away on holiday sitting in a bar watching their beloved Rams on SKY. People just need to realise that this is going to happen with us being the biggest club in the East MIdlands. 

I moan EVERY time we're on Sky at home... Since I'm at the game anyway...

I think they tend to pick our home games for TV (rather than away) as we're one of the better set ups for TV... Stadiums built in the TV era tend to be easier for Sky to work from...

I've just realised we get one home game in September which I will miss (this one) so no more ipro till October. 

Therfore I don't get any live footy in the whole of September! 

Actually a good job there's some on TV. 

Same here. Its currently August. The Leeds game is still in August. After that it's October for the Brentford game! Practically winter. ☺

Yes, I do realise there's more than just the sky factor involved! 

Costs me around £80 without food and drink on top as the missus refuses to pay for her ticket as she wouldn't be interested in going if it wasn't for me and I have to top the car up with petrol. Moans like **** about the miles I put on her car as well but the train would cost even more.

Be cheaper once I've passed my driving test but then I'd need to rent a friend to go with, don't fancy sitting there like a loner. 

This is easily sorted. 

1.Get rid of her. 

2.Move to Derby, young free and single. 

3.Get the job of being in charge of all things I. T. related at the ipro. Including of course, the main club site. I'd imagine this would be a reasonable income job. No travel costs, cos you're already there, and probably a free seat for every game. 

4. You'll obviously need a company Tesla as well. 

5. Retire the day after we win the champions league final. 

This is easily sorted. 

3.Get the job of being in charge of all things I. T. related at the ipro. Including of course, the main club site. I'd imagine this would be a reasonable income job. No travel costs, cos you're already there, and probably a free seat for every game. 

I'd leave him in charge of literally anything but IT tbh.

Archived