Raúl watch

richinspain

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remember how Eibar were supposedly doomed after we poached him? Guess who is now top of La Liga?

Is this the same Eibar that won the grand total of 3 of their last 21 games last season without him?

About as well as we did.

Maybe he was just made for Spanish football.

Or just not happy in England which effected his performances.

This isn't aimed at you at all but I think some people think players are robots at times, pick them up and put them in any city around the world, turn them on and get the same performance out of them, it's easy when you get paid X amount per week.

Might not be Spanish football that suits him, could just be the language barrier, climate, not cut out to live in another country, missing family, friends etc. Some people are just not cut out to relocate to another country, don't think I could move to Spain.

Or just not happy in England which effected his performances.

This isn't aimed at you at all but I think some people think players are robots at times, pick them up and put them in any city around the world, turn them on and get the same performance out of them, it's easy when you get paid X amount per week.

Might not be Spanish football that suits him, could just be the language barrier, climate, not cut out to live in another country, missing family, friends etc. Some people are just not cut out to relocate to another country, don't think I could move to Spain.

No, I completely agree. I heard that his wife/girlfriend wasn't happy. If she's not happy at home it would start to get to him. Which will affect performances. I agree some people think players are automated robots, but they're humans. Also, my comment was supposed to be sarcastic, but I don't think it particularly sounds like that. ;) 

Raul arrived with such a fanfare, with tales of how Chris Evans and the team tracked and pursued him; many of us anticipated him strutting his stuff in Stimac-fashion in 2015-16 after he'd settled (with his family) and had a DCFC pre-season.

Quite a bringdown when he was shipped out tout-suite. Did PC know a bit more about his attitude/mentality, and see him as an unsettling influence. Or did he just see him as a lumbering irrelevance when actually training and implementing systems?

Errors of judgement from the recruitment team? No signing is a guaranteed success.

I remember being at the end-of-season DCFC forum and Steve Mac saying how insistent Raul was, in wanting to play, "knocking on my door and reminding me all the time" or similar observation, Steve revealed.

Could've ruddy done with an upright and determined defender (or two) in the last 2 months, that's fer sure!

Didn't ever seem to get fit, or fit into, the Rams' system, when it all comes down to it. Shame.

:huh:

Is it wrong that I thought of 2 other Rauls before Albentosa?

That's the problem with society nowadays - one Raul for the rich, one Raul for the poor.

Archived