If i ruled the world...

sage

Remember the days when VW Beetle drivers used to salute each other?

That still happens with some cars. I had an MX5 a few years back and everyone else with one (especially the older ones) waved. Now I've got quite a rare but otherwise normal family car and I've had a few waves in that.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Adolf, how's retirement in Argentina treating you?

it's great, your fan club subscription is overdue, can you BACS it.  Not wanting to split hairs, didn't Adolf want to breed a master race, I am proposing a test, after all you have to pass a car test if you to drive legally in the UK.

That still happens with some cars. I had an MX5 a few years back and everyone else with one (especially the older ones) waved. Now I've got quite a rare but otherwise normal family car and I've had a few waves in that.

Seems to happen with most cars in my experience, lots of drivers wave to me with what I call "our special wave" 

What they do is make kind of circle with their thumb and forefinger foremost, then they kind of move their hand up and down a few times, it's very sweet but I'm beginning to tire of it, I could spend all day waving back.

Not wanting to split hairs, didn't Adolf want to breed a master race, I am proposing a test, after all you have to pass a car test if you to drive legally in the UK.

You're right, he wanted to breed a master race, and that included sterilising anyone deemed intellectually inferior...

You're right, he wanted to breed a master race, and that included sterilising anyone deemed intellectually inferior...

Hence the test, no one is deeming anyone, you pass fine, you fail, maybe a resit could be brought in as you are allowed to resit your car test. However no breeding until you have passed.

See I am ruling, yet am open to compromise.

Seems to happen with most cars in my experience, lots of drivers wave to me with what I call "our special wave" 

What they do is make kind of circle with their thumb and forefinger foremost, then they kind of move their hand up and down a few times, it's very sweet but I'm beginning to tire of it, I could spend all day waving back.

Wild guess you drive a BMW or Mercedes??

I have an Audi A7 and get quite a bit of that.

But then i am a bit of a tw**;)

yay government control of information, they only have our best interests at heart 

oh no - not under the control of government and politicians

i was thinking more like the National Trust. we need a society that has organs independent of the state (as defined by the executive bodies created to deliver the will of the legislature) designed to transcend the 5 year period of the typical government. 

hey - its a pipe dream :)

I've had a bad day but this thread has made me laugh out loud. 

I would ban the making of t-shirts with MASSIVE labels stitched into the  neck. You put on a new shirt, set off out for a pleasant evening and by the time you get to the nice restaurant you are squirming like you're having some kind of fit. You spend half your evening with your arm down your collar meaning your date has to talk to your armpit. You've scratched yourself raw for the sake of being told to wash with similar colours. 

Then you get home and attack the damn thing with the scissors and cut a hole in your new shirt. 

oh no - not under the control of government and politicians

i was thinking more like the National Trust. we need a society that has organs independent of the state (as defined by the executive bodies created to deliver the will of the legislature) designed to transcend the 5 year period of the typical government. 

hey - its a pipe dream :)

You mean like the BBC?

You mean like the BBC?

One step further than that, as the funding for the BBC is politicised - as we are seeing from the Osbo sleight of hand in "transferring" the liability for free licences (a political decision) onto the BBC for no additional funds.

Hence the BBC can never operate with total impunity for the political masters of the day.

i don't know what the role model is for the sort of organisation my simplistic mind has created. Perhaps it is a logical fallacy....:ermm:

I've had a bad day but this thread has made me laugh out loud. 

I would ban the making of t-shirts with MASSIVE labels stitched into the  neck. You put on a new shirt, set off out for a pleasant evening and by the time you get to the nice restaurant you are squirming like you're having some kind of fit. You spend half your evening with your arm down your collar meaning your date has to talk to your armpit. You've scratched yourself raw for the sake of being told to wash with similar colours. 

Then you get home and attack the damn thing with the scissors and cut a hole in your new shirt. 

This used to be especially true of sports gear, so they started stitching them on the outside. Trouble was, they still used that stiff nylon thread, which cut your neck like razor wire.

I'd be allowed to randomly kill people who displease me. With a big ******* axe, and a brillo pad.

Like the ******* DJ down the road for instance. One dead ****.

Archived