Fantastic value for money; Ince, Weimann and Bent

Uptherams

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes but who cares if we've saved money if we lose out on promotion and these other teams don't it's only fantastic business if we get promoted 

wrong on so many levels !  Value for money means you get something that has an intrinsic value regardless.

Weiman and Ince could be sold tomorrow for more than we paid, whether we get promoted or not. clubs Proposing to spend these disproportionate sums ( 8 plus ) on players with only partial pedigree are gambling on promotion to cover the cost. We are being thoughtful and intelligent in our spending. Interesting amidst all this hype .. How many of those 8 and 10 million pound players have actually realised those figures .. It's like your house being on the market in an estate agents window. You only have a 1 million pound house when someone has stumped up the cash and maybe the buyer is hoping to get planning permission which might not be granted. 

It's is easy to spend someone else's money and say "I don't care" It takes forsight and good management to get the balance right so as to have a club that is sustainable in all circumstances. 

With regards to how much other clubs are bidding for forward players and how much they are spending, us getting Ince, Weimann and Bent for approx £7.5m is fantastic business. 

Who knows how it'll end up but on face value we've got those three for less than the gumps paid for Assambalonga, so yes, fantastic business.

I fancy a sneaky bet on Weimann to be POTY as well......

I'm just glad it's not my money.

I just shell out about £1 a week for Ramsplayer and throw Daveo an occasional handful of nuts to help with this site. 

I get my OAP this week so I can afford to gloat.

PS. In football terms the Rams have pulled off an excellent financial coup. Come what may they paid a lot less than they would get for this trio if we were daft enough to sell them on.

at the risk of coming over a bit bris, i would say we paid a bit over the odds.

ince 3-3.5m; weimann......£2m, bent.....0.5m max

i'd want a bit of change from £7.5m tbh.

at the risk of coming over a bit bris, i would say we paid a bit over the odds.

ince 3-3.5m; weimann......£2m, bent.....0.5m max

i'd want a bit of change from £7.5m tbh.

Yeah if you break it down I suppose, but relative to whats going on in the current transfer market it looks reasonable business for three potential match winners.

Archived