Fantastic value for money; Ince, Weimann and Bent

Uptherams

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ince and  weiman have both been man of the match in the prem and scored pletny of goals theyr young and have loads of potential its down to the manager to build the team around them and not on old players like bent

They're that good Premiership players that no Premiership clubs came in for them in the summer 

TobyWanKenobi

With regards to how much other clubs are bidding for forward players and how much they are spending, us getting Ince, Weimann and Bent for approx £7.5m is fantastic business. 

I'll reserve judgement until they actually start performing well. They haven't looked value for money quite yet in my opinion. 

It's all very well slating Weimann based on his price tag (far too early btw) but when Russell was linked with Cardiff, a lot on here priced him up at £3m plus. 

Both have been poor this season, so why the singling out of Weimann. He didn't set the price we paid for him. 

at the risk of coming over a bit bris, i would say we paid a bit over the odds.

ince 3-3.5m; weimann......£2m, bent.....0.5m max

i'd want a bit of change from £7.5m tbh.

i'll revise this.....based on form

ince 1.5m

weimann 0.5m 

bent 0.5m

Oh my days. How are people questioning the signings already? Wiemann is a coup! All the villa fans said it was a cracking signing from us. Ince was one of very few players who were carrying the team end of last season and has age on his side. 

judge them later on in the season not after 3 games.

Seeing Ince against Brum made me think he's going to be the Messi of the Championship this year. Astonishing talent. Always loved Bent - a top professional and once he bangs in the first the floodgates will open. One benefit of Weimann is how well Johnny Russell is having to play to fight for a place in the side. I think Weimann will prove brilliant business but I think he's going to need to be played down the middle more than we are doing at the moment - then he'll shine.

First post, long time lurker -- unfortunately now living in Southampton and don't see Derby as much as id like! Imagine...these people are insufferable.

I was very impressed with Ince in terms of his skill level and endeavor off the ball. As mentioned though, he blatantly gets very easily mardy when everything doesn't go his way. Fair play to him though, during the end of match interview on sky he was absolutely professional and pretty much proved his "attitude problem" doesn't truly exist outside of on the pitch frustrations.

Bent -- I really want to like him. I think he still has it in him and could be an asset for us. We saw more of him than martin imo!

Archived