Portsmouth v Derby County

i-Ram

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're showing the match at The Friary (on Friar Gate) - big screen, great food, large beer garden and a great selection of cold drinks - Come on you Rams - Our prediction Pompey 0-2 Derby. 

I live literally 2 minutes away on Ashbourne Road, but I'm lazy. Will recommend it to others though.

Worth noting that Pompey won their opening game 3-0, so while we hold the quality they seem sharper than our lads (apparently) were on opening day. I'm confident we'll win but can see us going behind early.

Start an eleven that did not start on saturday. What is the point of having them if they cannot play against Portsmouth. If they cannot cope then bring some others one. Absolutely pointless in playing George Thorne and Martin. George Thorne needs nursing into the season. 4-2-3-1 for me.Any player that cannot cope against Portsmouth should be moved on or out on loan and replaced.

Start an eleven that did not start on saturday. What is the point of having them if they cannot play against Portsmouth. If they cannot cope then bring some others one. Absolutely pointless in playing George Thorne and Martin. George Thorne needs nursing into the season. 4-2-3-1 for me.Any player that cannot cope against Portsmouth should be moved on or out on loan and replaced.

That's a crazy attitude. Against Bolton the team was clearly disjointed, I would use Portsmouth to at least get some of the starting relationships more fluid ahead of a league game. Changing the entire 11 would not do us any favours come Charlton. 

Got to be careful about playing the likes of shackell thorne and martin too much to soon , with two games next week again i would be looking to play pearce ,shotton and bent , with baird and hanson shielding the back four and weimann playin just behind bent , think it will be a tough game but i have us to shade it 3 - 2

That's a crazy attitude. Against Bolton the team was clearly disjointed, I would use Portsmouth to at least get some of the starting relationships more fluid ahead of a league game. Changing the entire 11 would not do us any favours come Charlton. 

I would not be bothered if they lost that game because my focus is entirely on promotion. Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

I would not be bothered if they lost that game because my focus is entirely on promotion. Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Thats not my point. I don't care if we win or lose, what we need is for as many (not all) of the first teamers to have as many competitive games together as they can. If most don't play against Pompey then they might not be much improved if at all against Charlton than they were at Bolton and that's costing us points towards our 'priority' of promotion.

I do care if we win or lose. A win for confidence is essential.  A little tinkering is fine but wholesale changes is something else.

Must play a strong team that at least has the framework for the next league game. 2 Key players injured need to stay focused on building a rapport within the group.

Still .. If the man in charge has a plan and its different from mine then I'll bow to his greater knowledge

I am reminded of the Cloughie quote "say nowt, win it THEN shout your mouth of"

100815161411.png

This is what I would like to see. I'd like to rest Thorne, no need to push him for 2 games in 5 days especially in the cup. I'd also like to see Hanson in midfield, possibly holding also with Hendrick roaming ahead of the 2 defensive mids? Would also like to see Dawks play, seems to do well in cup games. However I have a feeling Bent will play over Martin.

4-2-3-1

Grant

Christie Shotton Pearce Forsyth

Sswekambo Hanson

Calero        Dawkins     Weimann

Bent

I'd like to see this team. Give everyone some minutes because it's important that everyone in the squad is as sharp as possible with this long hard season.

Archived