Cyrus Christie

Bris Vegas

Is there any way back for the poor fella? Seems a section of Derby fans have made their mind up on him and are unwilling to budge.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/08/01/derby-county-fans-react-on-twitter-to-cyrus-christies-di/

One particular comment was a joke: 'I wouldn't Clap Christie if I was paid' - talk about grea support for a player who evidently has confidence issues and needs all the backing he can get.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think he's on Twitter, so I doubt he is bothered about 6 or 7 ****** from the 33,000 who turn up to matches. 

Just checked, he is:

Cyrus Christie ‏@cyruschristie  2m2 minutes ago

Pre season finished [?] looking forward to start of season [⚽️] https://instagram.com/p/52XngZAU6j/ 

The mark of a man bothered by a couple of keyboard warriors. 

Well I wish the club could find out who Mr I Wouldn't Clap was and tell him we don't need his support and refund his season ticket costs if he'd bought one and let him know his custom is not welcome.

I suppose the usual suspects will be on to me claiming free speech etc but Mel Morris specifically asked for fans to show support and refrain from posting bile on social media so I'm all for chucking my full weight behind what he's asking for in return for all the good he's been a part of during the close season.

Thought I'd save you all clicking the link, lazy linking and all that.

"Derby County ended their pre-season campaign with a comfortable 3-1 victory over Staffordshire-based outfit Burton Albion at the Pirelli Stadium.

Daren Bent, Andreas Weimann and Johnny Russell notched the goals, and it could have been better for the visitors had they been a little more prolific in front of goal.

It tops off a decent past two weeks for Paul Clement’s men, with performances against Utrecht, Villarreal and Burton far better than the sloppy displays at Grimsby and Northampton.

However, in spite of all the positives heading into next weekend’s Championship opener at Bolton Wanderers, question marks remain over the potential inclusion of Cyrus Christie.

The one-cap Republic of Ireland international right-back joined the Rams from Coventry City last summer and started his career at the iPro Stadium in quite spectacular fashion.

So good were his early performances that supporters had already forgotten about former loan star Andre Wisdom, a key first-team performer during the team’s superb 2013/14 campaign.

However, Christie’s performances levels began to dip somewhat towards the end of last season and the team’s poor form put further pressure on his shoulders, a key factor which did little to help his cause.

A section of the Derby support soon grew frustrated with his error-prone displays and his confidence hit rock bottom, an amazing turnaround given his initial popularity and status with the Rams.

The potential is there for Christie to return to such heights. However, each slip, mistimed tackle or loose pass is now being unfairly castigated by his doubters, and it has probably gone too far."

Christie was fine last season until  Russell/ Ward was replaced by Ince .Ince didn't work with him along the wing and Christie found it difficult,, got confused as to what was expected of him and lost all confidence and direction.   ( He was not alone in that !!)   Today he had Johnny back.  And he seems to have PC respect if he wants a running .back..  Defensively Baird and iZak are preferred.

It's a mob mentality with those Derby Twitterers - safety in numbers. At the end of the day though, if you pooled all their brain cells, you would be lucky to get anything more intelligent than cheese.

There always seems a higher proportion of nobheads at away games, after 10 minutes the bloke stood next to me asked which team was playing in the black? 

Christies the new boo boy target, heard several things such as pass it back then Cyrus,  it's all you effing do and Give it to Cyrus,  we need a good laugh?

I do wonder why people go if it winds them up so much, on a positive note thought Baird looked very neat and tidy as a Eustace replacement. 

Christie was fine last season until  Russell/ Ward was replaced by Ince .Ince didn't work with him along the wing and Christie found it difficult,, got confused as to what was expected of him and lost all confidence and direction.   ( He was not alone in that !!)   Today he had Johnny back.  And he seems to have PC respect if he wants a running .back..  Defensively Baird and iZak are preferred.

I found his level from the start of the season drop off quite quickly - when did Ince come in? Towards xmas?

Complete tossers. Maybe a loan spell at a lower championship club may be good for him to get his confidence back. As I can't see him featuring much while he has confidence issues.

As soon as he realises he doesn't have his opposite number for pace he starts playing very negatively. 

I can't agree with that. Ince made far more ball recoveries than Russell and Ward. Christie simply lost confidence and he got worse and worse as the season progressed. He was told to bomb on, which was evident, but he started making bad decisions and the fans got on his back. 

Christie is a superb prospect. I do think someone like Baird can teach him a lot, though, he's an incredibly intelligent defensive player. 

Complete idiots,as fans of Dcfc if a player is going through a tough time let's get behind them,not slaughter them,it does not help there confidence,and Christee is still only 22 years old.And why did some ***** mock Keogh when he came on,do they not know a good player when they see one? For me Keogh and Shackell will be a great partnership in this division,can anyone think of a better central defence pairing in this division?

As fans go, I do think we have one of the c**tiest fanbases in the division. I think that's the general view from the outside too. 

I'm not saying the idiots don't make a racket when they go to games, but support and racket are two very different things. 

Last season we booed a team that was third in the league, third. When we dropped out the play-offs completely, it was all those fans deserved. It gave them something to moan about before going back to their dreary, below-average lives. 

I do get annoyed, but some people just aren't constructive at all. Any idiot can see what's wrong with Christie, and it isn't his ability, yet some fans just pile on and pile on until it's all they do without going back on their word and looking stupid. 

Hey Bris - you going to write a HITC article to balance it up for the twitter comments that have praised him? After all, if you remotely want to be taken seriously you should write a balanced piece.

Hopefully that website won't last too long and you can leave your moaning to here so everyone else can slaughter you.

Just try supporting for once like the other 99% of fans do.

Archived