Cyrus Christie

Bris Vegas

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Christie was fine last season until  Russell/ Ward was replaced by Ince .Ince didn't work with him along the wing and Christie found it difficult,, got confused as to what was expected of him and lost all confidence and direction.   ( He was not alone in that !!)   Today he had Johnny back.  And he seems to have PC respect if he wants a running .back..  Defensively Baird and iZak are preferred.

Christie was fine last season up until his Ireland call-up, strangely enough, which was in November. To blame his performances on Ince who arrived at the end of January, is just a tad unfair in my opinion.

Terrible comments by so called fans, but why does this woeful site want to publish utter rubbish from social media that only the likes of rams fans are prepared to read?

Just utter rubbish no one is interested in?

Spot on - it's like an A Level media project, that site. 

Every club has a bunch of ******* idiots, we just see ours more because that's what we're interested in. I have twitter but rarely tweet. I use it more of an online instant newspaper than to tell people what I had for tea. Anything I do tweet is usually DCFC related and positive. If I was a player I wouldn't be too chuffed about receiving abuse every week. I can't really see why a fan may think tweeting a player who is low on confidence and telling him he's **** would improve him, but like I said, idiots.

Christie was pretty good when he first came but was rubbish later on (granted that pretty much everyone else was rubbish too). OK the McLaren factor, etc, etc. Went to the Northampton game and he was still rubbish but that game was like a blinking Hackney Marshes type game ( a pub game) and friendlies are often hard to judge. I'd like to think that the current coaching staff can help him up his game and that he can realise his obvious potential. From another view though - maybe he can't or couldn't fit in to the way we want to play. I only say this because towards the end of of last season no-one seemed to know how we should play and to single individuals out at those times is wrong. And as for comments on twitter, etc, I'd like to think that club discourages their players from getting involved - often just (as someone has already said) crappy non-constructive comments which don't help anyone or even contribute to the debate.

Christie is a tricky one.

I don't think he'll ever get his confidence back now, some fans just won't have it. It's like they want him to fail just so they can say "I told you he was rubbish". It'll take some real hard work and good performances to change it and I don't think he'll even get the chance with Baird coming in and the emerging Ssewankambo, who appears to have had a decent pre-season.

He was bad last season, no hiding that, he lost it. He was arguably our best player when he first come though, so there is a player in there somewhere. 

I did feel sorry for him at times, and it didn't help not having a decent right back to step in when things got tough for him. Few games out the side could have done him the world of good. In the end it was too late, the fans turned, and playing Keogh ahead of him at right back, I imagine only damaged his confidence more.

He needs a loan somewhere, anywhere and see how he gets on. 

Complete idiots,as fans of Dcfc if a player is going through a tough time let's get behind them,not slaughter them,it does not help there confidence,and Christee is still only 22 years old.And why did some ***** mock Keogh when he came on,do they not know a good player when they see one? For me Keogh and Shackell will be a great partnership in this division,can anyone think of a better central defence pairing in this division?

no, quite frankly to the last. 

And why do some seemingly think it's a great idea to impair one of our assets  (Christie ) by destroying confidence. Why do we not all want to maximise the value to dcfc of all our players. Surely that's in all our interests? 

Hey Bris - you going to write a HITC article to balance it up for the twitter comments that have praised him? After all, if you remotely want to be taken seriously you should write a balanced piece.

Hopefully that website won't last too long and you can leave your moaning to here so everyone else can slaughter you.

Just try supporting for once like the other 99% of fans do.

I did write a balanced piece, I said it was unfair and that he's a confidence player. Did you even read it? I'm not a Christie hater at all, and I find it ridiculous how fans can criticise him so bluntly.

That's what the article was about.

And initially, I just wrote #dcfc to see what the majority were talking about, and the main focus of any player from the number of Tweets was on Christie and they weren't positive.

I don't just selectly pick out the bad ones, I focused on what most were talking about. After the Grimsby game, it was all about Johnny Russell in a positive light so that's what I wrote about.

Try supporting? I think you've mistaken the reason why I wrote it.

And why wouldn't you want HITC to last long? It's the best non-mainstream football site around. 

Christie is out of his depth as a top of the league RB.

attacking wise he has undoubted talent, however defensively he is too suspect and the points cost by individual errors, middlesbrough being the one that comes to mind most, could be put against mistakes made by others and would be the highest.

The only time that i have felt 100% comfortable with him at rb was in the 5 at the back against chesterfield where his defensive duties were minimised.

Which is not to say he has not had good games, however even when he plays well he didn't inspire confidence.

It's disappointing that the few alleged Rams Fans are trying to turn this lad into this seasons 'Scapegoat'.

Just because "The Fish" has gone out on loan again, it seems to me like some folk go into blind panic and have to find someone to vent their anger on. I reckon the true reasoning to the 'Scapegoat Syndrome' is to act as a disguise/veil for their own personal short comings.

And all this before the first game has even begun, whatever happened to getting behind our players, "Derby till I die" etc etc. :angry::angry:

I still find it ever so strange with the double standards of some Derby fans. We all like to give criticism at some point, but most level headed fans also like to give out praise even when we aren't winning every game. 

By the double standards I mean how from what I saw everyone seemed to love Tito Villa for his work ethic, but from what I remember of him he didn't score many goals and he wasn't particularly talented from my point of view but people seemed to love him. Yet players like Sammon and Varney when he was here, work just as hard and had probably the same limited amount of ability but always seemed to be scape goats. 

It has become the same with players like Keogh and Christie. Players who have obvious talent and are both probably playing at the right level and their commitment can't really be questioned in my mind but every little mistake or slight hesitation is jumped on by certain fans without any hesitation. Yet players like Buxton, who I know most fans seem to blindly love, makes just as many mistakes as me as Keogh or Christie yet he is saved from criticism because his passion seems to be more obvious than Keoghs for example. But you can't argue that keogh isn't 100 per cent committed every game. He and Christie make mistakes because they are championship players, thats why they are championship players. If they played how some Derby fans seem to think they should play , they would be playing for United or Chelsea because they would make every tackle, never give a ball away and the team would probably never concede a goal.

Constructive criticism and frustration is all part and parcel of being a football fan, being frustrated that Christie can't seem to get out of this rut of ill confidence he is in is frustrating, but like in most walks of life confidence is vital to success. Some of the comments are just sound full of hatred, but you get the feeling these people hate something else but use football to vent because for me if Keogh misplaces a pass, I get frustrated but it really doesn't bother me enough to get personal.

Someone I know from school actually made a disgusting comment on twitter about keogh and Tunisia during the grimsby game. Its shocking. 

Archived