One week to go. Confident?

Kernow

This time next week we'll have game 1 of 46 out the way. Didn't take long did it?

Now pre-season is concluded, I expect Clement will have a fairly good idea of who will play and how we will play. Based on summer activity, including interviews, signings, friendless, pretty much all we've seen of the club, how confident do you feel about the upcoming season? More confident than last season?

Happy with the signings? Happy with Clement?

Personally I can't wait, bring it on!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

X

X

Grimsby                                                                                 Now

Pretty much.

It's nice, as has been said already, to see more than a single formation used, and it's encouraging to see the players equally comfortable, whichever formation is adopted. Keeping them all happy is going to be the big challenge because we can only field 11 at a time.

I was a bit apprehensive up to beginning of pre-season but much more confident now, particularly after Wednesday and today. Great to see some players doing things that I never thought they'd do -will keep the opposition guessing.  

I also like what the new players have brought into the mix, Baird especially gives us a  choice we didn't have before. Also great to see Hanson and Ssewankambo involved and playing well.

I'm quietly confident now and really looking forward to Bolton.  

I like the fact that when Clement wasn't happy he said it. He told us publicly he wasn't happy after Grimsby and Northampton and since then the performances have improved massively.

That was one worry of mine about us being Clement's first job as the main man. As assistant at clubs like Chelsea, PSG and Real Madrid, with the players they have, it would be easy for him to be all pally with the players. It seemed to me like McClaren was very pally with them. It seems that Clement can be tough, unless the announcement that we needed to improve just coincided with better performances.

I'm very happy going in to the season now let's start with 3 points.

It's embarrassing the quality of teams we can put out in my opinion. Of course that doesn't guarantee a good season but the signs are very promising. The result midweek is testament to the quality we have. The additions seem to have mostly slotted straight in to the fold.

Pretty much.

It's nice, as has been said already, to see more than a single formation used, and it's encouraging to see the players equally comfortable, whichever formation is adopted. Keeping them all happy is going to be the big challenge because we can only field 11 at a time.

If we can maintain last season's team spirit we'll be fine (I think we will)

Yes I am very confident , going into this season like I have stated on another thread,our signings this summer have really improved the squad,and Mr Clement has got something we missed last season different ways of setting up,like Eddie has already stated,the real test is keeping all the players happy,but it's a long season,so I am sure most will play a part in the season.So role on next Saturday I can not wait for the game,and to see who is playing and want formation we will start with.

Excited for the start of another season, although I imagine there'll be lots of ups and downs. But can't wait to some cold away days, talking to the old man about the Rams, moaning with you lot on here, listening to the dulcet tones of Craig Ramage, etc.

It's embarrassing the quality of teams we can put out in my opinion. Of course that doesn't guarantee a good season but the signs are very promising. The result midweek is testament to the quality we have. The additions seem to have mostly slotted straight in to the fold.

Good point, they don't seem to have needed time to find their feet at all.

I'm excited to see what sort of approach we take with teams. 

As good as we were for the most part under McClaren, we became far too controlling and that attacking verve kind of disappeared. Wins became laboured, the intensity dropped.

One thing I hope Clement brings back is that intensity, almost that attacking naivety to just really hammer home the dominance (if we're dominating). 

I think the potential is there for us to be the most exciting team in the league.

Our challengers aren't really those types of teams to really hit full throttle. The three that went up were all attacking, and the three that have come down are defensive, keep your shape type teams.

Excited for the start of another season, although I imagine there'll be lots of ups and downs. But can't wait to some cold away days, talking to the old man about the Rams, moaning with you lot on here, listening to the dulcet tones of Craig Ramage, etc.

Oh my God, I'd forgotten about Ramage 

There's lots of little things Clement has done that has made us a bit more 'on the ball' for want of a better phrase. 

McClaren was a good coach, but he liked to have it comfortable. It was telling when the defence became disjointed, he couldn't rectify it and openly said: 'we know what we are' which pissed me off immensely. 

With the new signings, I like the experience and the balance. I like the strength in depth and I like the competition for places. I know it will be harder as the season goes on to keep players happy, but at the minute, I think everyone of them, bar the youngsters, know they have a chance of starting. 

Hughes and Hendrick look in their best shape ever, fitness wise, and we look a lot more mature. 

I'm very optimistic, and I think our first two games will tell us a lot. 

Archived