One week to go. Confident?

Kernow

Ambitious Posted 17 July · Report post

I think we will need a full pre-season to even get close to speed, in fact I wouldn't at all be surprised if we started really slow. I hope I'm wrong but I can see a lot of bedding in issues.

66/1 to be bottom at the start of September looks a good bet. 

Last time I follow your betting tips!.................:thumbsup:

I can't argue with that, after the Grimsby game everyone looked a little lost, including Thorne. The progression has been unbelievable - in all practiced systems.. 

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm really happy with everything tbh.

Really like the fact Clement isn't a push over in terms of settling for a lack lustre performance regardless of the result, That is one of the main things went wrong at times last year.

Andreas Weimann. I said at the start of the season, Villa being my second team, I've watched them play a lot and I was really surprised we signed him for what we did considering the fees that get thrown around these days. In the Championship, He's the best attacking player you can ask for. Never gives defenders an inch, And on those sluggish away days, He can make a difference.

Thornes return. I know it was just outright bad luck last year, But I think now with Baird around It takes the pressure off him a little if he gets a knock and has to miss a game, As Baird by all counts has been fantastic.

Rams are going UP!

Clements biggest game of his coaching career so far?

Move got an abundance of talent at this club, we have got new players in and they are all experienced. PC has had time to look at the players, he's had time to use his experience on formations,  - I am expecting a different style of play away at Bolton, not too sure it will be McClarens all out attack, possibly more controlled style maybe something PC has picked up at RM,PSG-  he will get it right.

I cannot wait, the last time I had this feeling was when Bald Eagle took over..........Come on you rams!

What about the no nonsense 'removal' of there armband from Keogh.  For or against; it's a remarkable demonstration of leadership and taking command.  I think he is the sort of coach to identify an issue early, and address, rather than bemoan it. 

What about the no nonsense 'removal' of there armband from Keogh.  For or against; it's a remarkable demonstration of leadership and taking command.  I think he is the sort of coach to identify an issue early, and address, rather than bemoan it.

New coach, maybe new captain, why not?

Who's got the leadership qualities?

Keogh, Shackell, Baird ?

Good point, they don't seem to have needed time to find their feet at all.

That's because they are quality players and the coaching staff appear to be playing to their strengths.

Look at Russell's pre-season... it's like having a new player. Simply because we're playing to his strengths. So if and when we get injuries it won't be such a concern as it was last year because the coaching staff know how to adapt!

I was expecting us to start slowly due to the numbers of players we've brought in, but from what I've seen of us this pre-season, it doesn't look that way. We look like a team, not just 11 players put together. They definitely don't like lads who some have only known for just over a month. With our early season games, I don't think a slow start is acceptable. Other than Boro they're teams we *should* be beating if we want to be in the top 2, so no complacency please, lets start in style.

I think that public bollo from PC after Northampton (I think?) was strong and the reaction has been excellent, even discounting for the fact there have been significant changes. Double checked the fixtures last night and we couldn't ask for a better August to hit the ground running.

Lennon was watching the BA game, wonder what he was thinking?

We know PC has formation changes in his thoughts, so i cannot help wondering what our starting 11 might be, liable to be different to the BA game?

Maybe Clement deliberately played the 4-2-3-1 formation knowing that Lennon was there so he could call his bluff and we play a completely different team next week. #mrconspiracytheorist 

I'm that confident might have to change my forum name :ph34r:

You could change the context with just a period and an exclamation mark, i.e. "Don't. Panic!"

Archived