Root Canal

AmericanRam

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went to doctors this morning, and have to have a root anal done next month. Anyone else had it done before? Lucky I have good insurance also as its pretty pricy. My other cheeks are in good shape at least.

FTFY

You will see a large row of color coded pins placed on the tray before you, you will never forget this sight.  Twenty minutes of agony later you're thinking to yourself okay purple that has to be last one, but you will be horrified to learn just how many colors there are in the dentist rainbow.  40 minutes in and you will be making all kinds of false promises to God.

Nah not really, root canal's a doddle

I've two root canal treatments done AR, never felt a thing. I've got a real phobia about dentists going back to the '60's when I never got enough gas it was in those days and could feel everything when I was having a tooth extracted. 

I explained this to the dentist and she just loaded me up with whatever it is they use these days and did her thing.

You'll be fine mate. 

I've just had abdominal surgery and that has given me much less pain than my two experiences of root canal surgery.

The second one I had was horrendous and the tooth kept getting infected, it eventually just crumbled and I had to have it extracted anyway.

Depends where the tooth is obviously but consider extraction. Once it's gone it can hurt you no more. 

I had root canal a long time ago and because there is nothing 'alive' in the tooth it eventually cracked and crumbled. Ok that didn't hurt but it was extracted in the end anyway and that hurt because it had broken at the gum line. 

Thanks for responses.

My dentist scheduled it for August 20th.

Tooth in question actually doesn't hurt,but my dentist looked at it and said the pulp in it is damaged and will continue to worsen which will bring pain and eventual infection so need to get this done.

Thanks for responses.

My dentist scheduled it for August 20th.

Tooth in question actually doesn't hurt,but my dentist looked at it and said the pulp in it is damaged and will continue to worsen which will bring pain and eventual infection so need to get this done.

Good Luck mate, id lie if I was saying I will think of you then, its my 18th on the 18th August, ill probably be hungover in some gutter in Derby on the 20th.

Best advice is when they apply the anaesthetic, they may prik your gum to see if you can feel it, without any hesitation say you feel it and youll be pumped with meds and loving life

Archived