FC Utrecht v Derby County

Alph

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone know the make up of the Utrecht side today? Was it just first team or a mixture of all levels?

Utrecht's team (Appearances last season in the Eredivisie)

• Ruiter - 31
  • Klaiber - Spent the season on loan to another Eredivisie team 
  • Van der Maarel - 23 
  • Letschert - 23 
  • Kum - 29 
  • Nganioni - Recently signed from Lyon 
  • Janssen - 30 
  • Ayoub - 31 
  • Ludwig - Signed recently from VfR Aalen 
  • Haller - 17 
  • Barazite - 16

So yeah, basically their first team. Ironically, the one player from last season who featured the least (Barazite - 5 starts, 11 sub appearances) was the one who did the most damage :lol:

• Ruiter - 31
  • Van der Maarel - 23 
  • Letschert - 23 
  • Kum - 29 
  • Janssen - 30 
  • Ayoub - 31 
  • Haller - 17 
  • Barazite - 16

So yeah, basically their first team. Ironically, the one player from last season who featured the least (Barazite - 5 starts, 11 sub appearances) was the one who did the most damage :lol:

nice research 

• Ruiter - 31
  • Van der Maarel - 23 
  • Letschert - 23 
  • Kum - 29 
  • Janssen - 30 
  • Ayoub - 31 
  • Haller - 17 
  • Barazite - 16

I love when people do the boring research so we don't have to. Appreciated Cam :thumbsup:

• Ruiter - 31
  • Van der Maarel - 23 
  • Letschert - 23 
  • Kum - 29 
  • Janssen - 30 
  • Ayoub - 31 
  • Haller - 17 
  • Barazite - 16

Teehee

Just got home from work and missed the entire game. Glad we won and sounded like we played well! Those who watched the game, what would your formation and line-up be based on what Clement has tried out so far?

Anyone waiting to see me in the Belgian Beer Café - apologies. The leg isn't good today so after the game we headed back to Den Haag.

No worries Eddie. Me and my mate didn't make the Belgian Beer Cafe last night as we hung around at the ground for a good hour plus after the game chatting and catching up with folk, taking photo's and having more Amstel in the main stand before walking past FC Utrechts ground and checking that out before heading back into town on the bus. We headed back to hotel to freshen up before we enjoyed a lovely meal along one of the canals etc. Managed to spend the afternoon today in the Belgian Beer Cafe, enjoyed a few drinks before heading back to Amsterdam airport and heading back home. Great couple of days. We just got into the ground 5 mins before kick off, quickly put my flag up, a couple of flags away from the Neptune flag in the left corner opposite the stand, but you can hardly make it out on the You Tube footage as I didn't have time to put it up high etc and a few rather tall FC Utrecht fans are stood in front of it. But I showed it to Mel Morris and Chris Evans as they left the ground, as they thanked us for our support, lovely guys. Great time, well done Derby County Football Club. 

Well at least can watch whole match later when I get home.

The Amsterdam Rams and Punjabi Rams were singing all the songs in the second half, so at one point, well at 1:16 and 55 seconds you can hear us and them just trying to get Private Derby's classic song going along to the Michael row the boat ashore tune, "Darren Bent will always score, Halleluuja Martin's bound to score one more Halleluuuja, Incey bangs em in from wide Halleluuja, Connor Sammon is onside Halleluuja"

We were off camera on the stand side, far left on the grass bank having a sing song.

I took my Aberdeenshire flag down at half time as one lad had his Derby flag pinched from behind the goal, you can see in the second half with less flags behind both goals. As we only got in the ground 5 mins before kick off, I had my flag hung a couple of flags away from the Neptune flag in the left hand corner opposite the stand and cameras, but you can hardly make it out, not high enough, behind standing FC Utrecht fans etc.

We stood behind Peter Beardsley and a few others in Newcastle United track suits.

Also saw the Cardiff City squad at Amsterdam airport looking pretty miserable as their flight had been well delayed, which brought another smile to my face.

Great stuff all round from the mighty Derby County Football Club.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived