Gaming

SaintRam

8 minutes ago, Daveo said:

I switch between the 2 cameras quite a bit, maybe that's where I'm going wrong!

Its a fun game, probably better playing with people you know and being able to communicate, went online today and got pretty frustrated, smashed in my first game :lol: 

image.jpeg

I tend to only use the off-ball cam when chasing back to my own goal, as it's easier to do the double jumps forwards and keep your direction. Only other time is when chasing for boosts at the start, really.

Online is a bit better when you play with better people... like when you are low ranks you end up with a load of people ball chasing, rather than rotating round and not smashing into each other.

Nothing more annoying than all 3 people on a team chasing for the kick off either.

2 minutes ago, Srg said:

I tend to only use the off-ball cam when chasing back to my own goal, as it's easier to do the double jumps forwards and keep your direction. Only other time is when chasing for boosts at the start, really.

Online is a bit better when you play with better people... like when you are low ranks you end up with a load of people ball chasing, rather than rotating round and not smashing into each other.

Nothing more annoying than all 3 people on a team chasing for the kick off either.

What do you play it on Srg? Xbox? 

Just now, SaintRam said:

What do you play it on Srg? Xbox? 

Yes, I do.

Just now, Daveo said:

Playing offline v bots yesterday I was under the impression smashing into team mates is part of the game....at least the bots realise one needs to stay back from the kick off to defend, 

Smashing into opponents can be a good tactic - especially if someone takes out the goalkeeper - but yeah, unless you're desperately chasing a goal, you should really have at least 1 person behind the half way line.

These are the most popular camera settings, known as Lachinio settings (originally done by a player called Lachinio):

Camera Shake: Off
Camera FOV: 110
Camera Height: 100.00
Camera Angle: -3.00
Camera Distance: 230.00
Camera Stiffness: 0.70
Camera Swivel Speed: 3.20

1 minute ago, Srg said:

Yes, I do.

I might buy it on Xbox to play with you, I'll eventually buy it on PS4 too but I can't get to use my PS4 atm, too many people in the house.

2 minutes ago, Srg said:

Smashing into opponents can be a good tactic - especially if someone takes out the goalkeeper - but yeah, unless you're desperately chasing a goal, you should really have at least 1 person behind the half way line.

Oh yeah the opponents, I love taking them out, probably too much but when you're through on goal with a clear run up to score and get side swiped by a team mate the controller almost goes through the screen.

Watched a bit on YouTube before buying, looks to me that in a 3v3 the furthest car back stays back to defend, every kick off online so far it's been 6 cars in a huge smash up from the off, like you say tho I guess it improves as you rank up through the leagues

1 minute ago, Daveo said:

Oh yeah the opponents, I love taking them out, probably too much but when you're through on goal with a clear run up to score and get side swiped by a team mate the controller almost goes through the screen.

Watched a bit on YouTube before buying, looks to me that in a 3v3 the furthest car back stays back to defend, every kick off online so far it's been 6 cars in a huge smash up from the off, like you say tho I guess it improves as you rank up through the leagues

At the level I play at (I think the rank is Rising Star? they have weird rank names) only one car goes for the kick off. The car who spawns at an angle to the ball. If two cars spawn at the angle, one of them says "Take the Shot!" or "I got it!" to let the other know what's happening.

A car on the angle who doesn't go for the ball back flips into the boost-fill directly behind him. 

When only one car spawns at an angle the two guys infront of the goal aren't quite side by side, the one in the front veers off to the side to get the boost-fill.

From that position in the corner with 100 boost you can usually attack the ball after the initial KO impact. 

13 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

These are the most popular camera settings, known as Lachinio settings (originally done by a player called Lachinio):

Camera Shake: Off
Camera FOV: 110
Camera Height: 100.00
Camera Angle: -3.00
Camera Distance: 230.00
Camera Stiffness: 0.70
Camera Swivel Speed: 3.20

I might buy it on Xbox to play with you, I'll eventually buy it on PS4 too but I can't get to use my PS4 atm, too many people in the house.

Do it, I have played a few games with@BurtonRam7so far

Just now, Srg said:

Do it, I have played a few games with@BurtonRam7so far

Alright I will, what's your XBL name? I know you said it somewhere else but I forget where

Alright I'll add you's tonight, I forget my name on XBL but it'll have Clown in it somewhere. When do you guys generally play?

23 hours ago, SaintRam said:

Alright I'll add you's tonight, I forget my name on XBL but it'll have Clown in it somewhere. When do you guys generally play?

I'm sporadic, but tends to be mornings on weekends and then late night other than that, unless the missus is out.

Think I will get the Division, just awaiting server stability and see if price drops a bit after first few weeks

26 minutes ago, Srg said:

I'm sporadic, but tends to be mornings on weekends and then late night other than that, unless the missus is out.

Think I will get the Division, just awaiting server stability and see if price drops a bit after first few weeks

I didn't get round to logging onto my Xbox and adding yous as some of my PC people were already online.

I doubt the price'll drop before Christmas, being a AAA Ubisoft game. It's good though, been playing it on PC. A couple of things I dislike: 

The ability to open menus during combat - probably unlikely to be a problem for console players - means I keep opening the menus which are pretty slow to open/close when I try to heal in a panic and hit more than one key.

Group missions scale to the highest level person, making it difficult to catch up with friends who are higher level than you while also enjoying yourself (your guns do next to nothing to enemies 5+ levels higher than you). I can understand why, to stop people from getting carried but at the same time I don't think getting carried is a big enough problem to prevent me from catching up with my friends quickly and in an enjoyable manner.

Other than that I'm really liking the game, haven't done enough PvP yet though.