Gaming

SaintRam

4 hours ago, StaffsRam said:

You're doing the SP campaign? Only thing I'll say - "Imagine a frozen forest....", won't mean anything to you yet, but it will! :D

Dear me, I thought that ****** would never end! 

Like to see someone complete that on realistic. 

Anyone else played the Dark Souls games? They are quite hard, but I enjoy them and just pre-ordered the new one a few days ago that comes out in April. Also, decided to preorder Tom Clancy's The Division as well. Both games look like they will be fantastic.

Right now am quite enjoying Witcher 3, along with the new AC.

8 minutes ago, AmericanRam said:

Anyone else played the Dark Souls games? They are quite hard, but I enjoy them and just pre-ordered the new one a few days ago that comes out in April. Also, decided to preorder Tom Clancy's The Division as well. Both games look like they will be fantastic.

I've seen a video for this on Facebook today and it looked great, what kind of game is it?

9 minutes ago, Bridgford Ram said:

I've seen a video for this on Facebook today and it looked great, what kind of game is it?

It's an open-world type RPG/Shooter set in NYC and like a third-person shooter as well in regards to mechanics and other things. The plot centers around investigating a virus which has caused a pandemic to the city and restoring order.

Looks fantastic.

1 minute ago, AmericanRam said:

It's an open-world type RPG/Shooter set in NYC and like a third-person shooter as well in regards to mechanics and other things. The plot centers around investigating a virus which has caused a paused a pandemic to the city and restoring order.

Looks fantastic.

Cheers, do you think the story will be decent?  I assume it'll be mission based?  I am loving Fallout 4 at the moment, does that mean I will love this?

I assume it will be release on the PS4 will it?

2 minutes ago, Bridgford Ram said:

Cheers, do you think the story will be decent?  I assume it'll be mission based?  I am loving Fallout 4 at the moment, does that mean I will love this?

I assume it will be release on the PS4 will it?

Yes will be available on the PS4.

The story sounds interesting, and Ubisoft from my experience playing their games(Splinter Cell games,Assassins' Creed games,Far Cry, etc) usually do a great job with their plots, cutscenes and advancing the games well. So I think the story with this should be pretty good.

You do have to do missions to gain experience points and learn some new things to help you along, but from what I have read you have the whole map of NYC and do certain objectives at your will; no Acts or anything of that nature. Another cool thing is the survival game aspect in regards that you will run out of food, water, ammo and other things and have to go scavenge around NYC and find some.

If you are a fan of Fallout 4, then yes imo you should like this as well.

• 4 weeks later...

Not switched PS4 on for a few days.

Spent hours and I mean hours on Fallout 4 but I ended up doing nothing but building this super base flirting with Trudy and barely any missions. 

I then read online that you can only have 20 settlers in your base and need just 1 bed for each. Turns out my 87 bed settlement was a tad overkill.

Having reached Diamond City, banged a few missions in, thought I'd see how many missions in total their are and realised this is going to take a very very long time and to be honest I'm finding the missions boring.

Go talk to X person, we need X item from X place, go there, huge gun fight, find item, return it, get caps.

Seems harsh as Fallout as always been like this and I shouldn't have bought it but I keep doing it, same with GTA really.

On 1/13/2016 at 17:35, AmericanRam said:

I've completed them through a lot of tears and sweat.. The amount of times I've lost all my souls was depressing then someone joins your world and destroys you is even more depressing! 

Dark Souls 2 ending was pretty short lived though. Disappointing. 

Witcher 3 is fun struggled at 1st now I just smash the attack button which works. The sec scenes are fun and surprising my missus sees them as but I wouldn't go that far! I've got a lot of missions to do going to take a long long time.. Plus the ? on the map trying to get them all..

Rocket League has been my primary game (PC) for a few months now. Loving it. Looking forward to the new ranked season where they actually have placement matches. In the first season you had to start off at unranked and climb all the way from the bottom. This is tedious in any team game with a ladder system, especially in the mode you have to queue solo.

Still, got to gold eventually. Hopefully I can get there straight from placements when this patch launches and try to continue the climb, games get ridiculously exciting as the level increases. I find the pro games very watchable indeed.

Any of you play it on PC? It's cross-platform but you can't party up unless on you're on the same system.

A lot of skill can look like luck because of the pace of it all. The manipulation of the car "in flight" to get shots off at tight angles is where the real talent comes in, no-one at the level I play can do that even remotely consistently. Most people just put their car into what appears to be an uncontrolled spin around two axis when they don't have an easy shot just to see what will happen.

I used to play a huge amount of LoL, I play it a few times a week now.

For people who don't really know rocket league, these are some pretty good videos that sum it up. Goals and Saves of the week are generally quite high up the skill ladder, Fails of the week most of us are fare more accustomed to:

That's my issue also. Reduced free time working full-time which I didn't do back when I used to play it, and the fact I play with Americans because of the gaming groups I joined when I was younger, so I have time zones to contend with also.