Gaming

SaintRam

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Guys I'm dumb about gaming but i just impulse bought my kid the Minecraft Special edition Xbox One:

7544741_R_Z001A?$Web$&$DefaultPDP1240$&$

It looks cool as f*** but have i bought junk that will be obsolete in 6 months??

The Xbox One X has just come out but runs the same games as this one, just not in true 4K but scaled up 4K, if you haven’t got a 4K HDR TV it wouldn’t matter anyhow....oh and a bit faster.

But no, that won’t be obsolete for a good while yet, going to guess at least 2 years, probably see a Xbox One X update console before they move on to a whole new console.

If it makes you feel better I have 2 (not the Minecraft skin) and I’m still happy with both and have no intention of getting the X. And I waste money on gadgets all the time.

Has anyone else bought a console just to play one game on it?

I've just bought a Nintendo Switch to play Zelda, Breath of the Wild. 310 quid to play one game, mad but true.

I know I could have got it cheaper for wii u but not doing that.Never liked the wii u.

On 6.10.2017 at 17:47, JG400 said:

Currently restarted Fallout 4 , which I never finished first time around ,

I started playing it a took side with the institute. Felt like Anakin Skywalker killing the younglings at the academy, when i had to kill the people in the other groups, so i started over. Have finished the main plot

Downloaded Football Manager 2018 Demo
Uninstalled Football Manager 2018 Demo

Zero improvements, just another annual increase in clicks to get to basic screens and change anything. No longer a game, feels more like a chore. Would love to get hold of a legit copy of the old Championship Manager's from the 90's in 4K.

35 minutes ago, David said:

Zero improvements, just another annual increase in clicks to get to basic screens and change anything. No longer a game, feels more like a chore. Would love to get hold of a legit copy of the old Championship Manager's from the 90's in 4K.

What ever happened to Chris Bart-Williams? He was the Messi of CM92.

49 minutes ago, David said:

I still have a Champ Manager 01/02 on my desk at home :lol:

21 minutes ago, rynny said:

I still have a Champ Manager 01/02 on my desk at home :lol:

I've tried a few times to install this from the free download, but it's too much of a chore. I had it on the xbox and it retired me at 2021! I was gutted. You couldn't go past 20 year career! I even looked at buying an original xbox just so I could play this again.