Championship Table preview???

superalbyrams

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah it's Afobe I meant. 

With Sako gone I fancy them a bit less. He's mint. Not 80k per week mint...

Haha I was thinking Afobe you were on about or not. Glad you cleared it up mate. Sako want £50k ish madness :unsure:

How do you calculate that we have the 14th best defence in the league? Also, banging my head against a wall here, we defend as a team, not individuals. Keogh and Buxton are more than capable.

Don't mind you not picking Derby, but now way am I accepting that Leeds will be in there in our place. They're awful, and deciding to get rid of Austin was a mistake from them.

They won't be anywhere near the playoffs. Also don't think Birmingham have the finances to add quality to their squad in order to do it. Rowett is a good manager, but Brum have one of the weakest squads IMO.

It was merely instinct, just a handful of teams I think will make a splash or crash and burn.

Leeds have a venue at Elland Road that usually works in their favor and they can amass some considerable points at home and last I looked they had one or two players of merit, so content to go with first thoughts.

QPR are good enough, have to include ourselves (with Sears, Murphy and Pittman on board we have some fine attacking options now) and as for Birmingham they usually have a decent record at Saint Andrews and could surprise some out there.

If this all turns to crap than we'll be brave enough to hold our hands up and admit being wrong, but right now and at this moment, going to stick with it.     One last time, you never can tell what will occur, it's assumptions more than anything else.

I've seen it read that the Championship league is the hardest in the UK, and would agree in part with it.     Damn difficult we often find to get a promotion or a way back to the EPL, but the main ingredient it would seem is a capable manager, consistency, and to of course remain free of injury.    Bournemouth, Watford and Norwich all showed the way ahead last time out, and an example for others to follow.

Tom Ince is some way better than Sako for me, so I'm stunned he was able to command that fee. 

Good footballer, hard working and honest, but he's not anything special. I'm not saying for one second that I wouldn't want him here, but he's a 20,000-a-week player, for me. 

No way that we won't be in the top 6. With a fully fit Thorne and Martin(hopefully), a full season with ince and weimann we will be certs for the top 6 imo,not being arrogant. I respect your opinion ipswich fan but you can't say that leeds and brum will be in the top 6 and derby won't. The only reason why we slipped away last season was because of the newcastle speculation and not having an adequate replacement for martin. We won't fall into the same trap again.

It was merely instinct, just a handful of teams I think will make a splash or crash and burn.

Leeds have a venue at Elland Road that usually works in their favor and they can amass some considerable points at home and last I looked they had one or two players of merit, so content to go with first thoughts.

QPR are good enough, have to include ourselves (with Sears, Murphy and Pittman on board we have some fine attacking options now) and as for Birmingham they usually have a decent record at Saint Andrews and could surprise some out there.

If this all turns to crap than we'll be brave enough to hold our hands up and admit being wrong, but right now and at this moment, going to stick with it.     One last time, you never can tell what will occur, it's assumptions more than anything else.

I've seen it read that the Championship league is the hardest in the UK, and would agree in part with it.     Damn difficult we often find to get a promotion or a way back to the EPL, but the main ingredient it would seem is a capable manager, consistency, and to of course remain free of injury.    Bournemouth, Watford and Norwich all showed the way ahead last time out, and an example for others to follow.

As Bris said, you have a right to an opinion so you can choose not to put us in the top 6 if you choose to, but since you're on a Derby forum I don't think it's too unfair to request you explain your thinking behind leaving us out. What do you reckon to our squad and our chances?

Interesting nobodies mentioned QPR..

Not convinced we will finish top two unless we strengthen more (CB, RB..)

1) Boro - The one and only side I fear in this league.

2) QPR

3) Hull 

4) Burnley

5) Ipswich 

6) Derby 

relegated; Preston, Rotherham, MK Dons

Auto promotion

Middlesbrough, Wolverhampton

Play off zone

Queens Park Rangers, Leeds United, Ipswich Town, Birmingham City

Bottom Three

Brighton Hove Albion, Rotherham, Huddersfield

(Saying that it's easy to make a guess at what may occur but as Bournemouth showed last season, all things are possible)

Leeds ?????? Birmingham?????? Yet you put your team in there and leave us out of top 6. #deluded. 

I think that cardiff will be the dark horses next season, they still have a strongish squad from their trip to the premier league and back. As for relegation, I'd put money on bolton and blackburn with whispers of financial and ownership troubles appearing recently. Derby's finish could be absolutely anywhere, relegation in november, sammon comes into the squad and we make top 2 late ;) #whatthisspace

I think that cardiff will be the dark horses next season, they still have a strongish squad from their trip to the premier league and back. As for relegation, I'd put money on bolton and blackburn with whispers of financial and ownership troubles appearing recently. Derby's finish could be absolutely anywhere, relegation in november, sammon comes into the squad and we make top 2 late ;) #whatthisspace

Surely it should be #watchthisspace ? ;) 

Burnley
Middlesbrough 
Brentford
Fulham 
Sheffield Wednesday 
Reading

We aren't anywhere near the play offs yet because we still can't defend. If you statistically have the 14th best defence in the League like we did last season then your overall league position won't be too high. 

Shackell and a right back please. 

Oh, FFS. Stop pulling facts out of your arse and point me in the direction of these so-called "stats" that we have the 14th best defence.

You see, there's this thing called the league table. It provides wonderful facts and even sorts them into a nice little grid system so it's easy to understand. Now, this says we conceded 56 goals - only bettered by 7 other teams. That, by my book, puts us as the 8th best defence.

Where has this 6 place drop come from?

Oh, FFS. Stop pulling facts out of your arse and point me in the direction of these so-called "stats" that we have the 14th best defence.

You see, there's this thing called the league table. It provides wonderful facts and even sorts them into a nice little grid system so it's easy to understand. Now, this says we conceded 56 goals - only bettered by 7 other teams. That, by my book, puts us as the 8th best defence.

Where has this 6 place drop come from?

2014/2015 CHAMPIONSHIP DEFENCE STATISTICS TABLE

14. Derby County

Source: http://MadeUpFootballStatistics.co.uk/championship/statistics/defencestatistics/derbycounty/14thbestdefence

Archived