Championship Table preview???

superalbyrams

We aren't anywhere near the play offs yet because we still can't defend. If you statistically have the 14th best defence in the League like we did last season then your overall league position won't be too high.

Why do you keep saying this?? You've already been proven wrong about the 14th best defence, You pulled that stat right out your ******** and as of yet have told nobody how you've actually managed to come to that conclusion.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why does everyone including bookies fancy Boro to do well? They have no Vossen or Bamford, who is going to score their goals. Unless they bring in some more talented strikers on loan, I personally don't see them as a threat. I don't see any threat coming from the 3 relegated teams either, due to losing key players. Wolves or Blackburn could be the dark horses this time.

Why does everyone including bookies fancy Boro to do well? They have no Vossen or Bamford, who is going to score their goals. Unless they bring in some more talented strikers on loan, I personally don't see them as a threat. I don't see any threat coming from the 3 relegated teams either, due to losing key players. Wolves or Blackburn could be the dark horses this time.

Stauni ? 

Vossen scored 7 goals... Bamford scored 17. Hardly groundbreaking stuff.

They've got the best player in the division, which lets face it, Downing is, and they have Stuani who at this level SHOULD score a few goals. Plus they have 3 more weeks.

Vossen scored 7 goals... Bamford scored 17. Hardly groundbreaking stuff.

They've got the best player in the division, which lets face it, Downing is, and they have Stuani who at this level SHOULD score a few goals. Plus they have 3 more weeks.

Their Skipper scored a shed load of penalties last season on the strength of those 2 loanie strikers. Boro's strength was not leaking goals, but without decent goalscorers they wont be winning many matches. I sorry to see you rate Downing as the best player in the Division, I would prefer Tom Ince who in my Opinion will out score and assist in more goals than Downing.  

If we can get another starting CB in, I see no reason why we can't finish top.

Boro and Burnley are both lacking goalscorers (but do have considerably better defenses) and QPR are, like always, boom or bust.

Ipswich, Wolves and Hull should be up there too.

1. Derby

2. Wolves

3. Boro

4. Burnley

5. Hull

6. Ipswich

I had Hull tipped to storm this league, but with the amount of players they have lost I don't think they will.  Figueroa, Quinn, McShane, Rosenior and Ince are all good Championship players and they all left and Hull will probably lose more. 

Burnley have also lost quite a few strong players for them, Ings and Trippier, but I rate Dyche and he knows how to get results in this league. 

Boro will do well. They have the best defence in the league and are already bolstering there attack with arguably the best player in the division in Stewart Downing and a decent striker with Stuani. 

I think we are the most unpredictable side this season. On paper we have one of the best teams, but we do have an unproven manager and we could just continue with the form we had at the end of last season. 

1.) Boro 

2.) Derby 

3.) Burnley

4.) Ipswich

5.) Brentford 

6.) Bristol 

22.) Bolton 

23.) Rotherham 

24.) MK Dons 

Their Skipper scored a shed load of penalties last season on the strength of those 2 loanie strikers. Boro's strength was not leaking goals, but without decent goalscorers they wont be winning many matches. I sorry to see you rate Downing as the best player in the Division, I would prefer Tom Ince who in my Opinion will out score and assist in more goals than Downing.  

im with you plymouth and very much hoping we catch boro completely cold when we play them early in season and give them a good clobbering.

We are in the minority but I think they have a number of players who had seasons of their lives last year and won't repeat that. 

Sith Happens

Really hard to predict, as the championship always shows us there are surprises...I know i never expected Brentford or Bournemouth to be anywhere near as good as they were last season.

Derby are a big unknown, but if PC is anywhere near as good as we are told then I do expect us to get promoted. But then i thought that last season after we beat Ipswich.

1. Derby

2. Hull

3. Burnley

4. Ipswich

5. Bristol City

6. Wolves

22 . Rotherham

23. Forest

24. MK Dons

Im not predicting forest bottom 3 just because its forest, honestly think they are going down, expect another managerial change december time...

Leeds ?????? Birmingham?????? Yet you put your team in there and leave us out of top 6. #deluded. 

Let's just have a think for a second.  Last year you would have put the following:

Bournemouth  ?????? Brentford ?????? Yet you put your team in there and leave us out of top 6. #deluded. 

To shout someone down for having a different opinion to you is a bit disrespectful, especially when this division always throws up some very unpredictable outcomes.  That's the beauty of the championship.

Hard to predict however Boro, Burney, Wolves, Brentford at least better than Derby. Until the defence is sorted possibly top 8. Martin not yet fit and a re-occurrence of his injury must be a possibility. Thorne may be the key in midfield but he his injury prone.

Manager un-proven as a manager as well. Derby are the bookies favourite to win the league but how will they react to injures and any poor run?

Although they can be a bit dull Ipswich seem to have improved season on season under MM (might be wrong about that) and can see them grinding a way out.

My predictions 

1. Derby ( more of a blind support choice than having any clue)

2. Ipswich (grind, grind, grind and that's just the sound of Mick McCarthy's face)

3. Hull ( Will look to compete with Ipswich in the grinding stakes of results and Managers face)

4. Burnley. (Will look to compete with Ipswich and Hull in the grinding stakes of results and Managers face)

5. Brentford ( because my computer said 'YES')

6. Rotherham United ( Will look to compete with Ipswich,Hull and Burnley in  the grinding stakes of results and Managers face + they've got Roos and Rawson)

The championship is going to go back to a more industrial type of football this year full of full hoofs and ugly fat men.

Paul Clement and his beautiful Rams will rise above the studs, scars and muffin top managers and take a place in the land of the beautiful people.

Archived