19. Will Hughes 
21. Kelle Roos 
23. Tom Ince 
24. Andreas Weimann 
26. Jamie Hanson 
32. Ryan Shotton 
34. George Thorne 
37. Stephen Warnock

Read more at http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/201516-squad-numbers-confirmed-2539263.aspx#uD58wBzxCAqd0SJh.99

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bennett, Calero and Rawson not in there?

Still obviously viewed as U21 players primarily and have to earn the right to be viewed as first-teamers. There's only 24 players up there so even if we do sign a couple more players, they'll be involved and they'll play with a number simply because they have to. Last season for instance, Calero wore 27 for matchdays but trained with a number in the 40s.

For me, Bennett, Calero and Rawson's omission is nowhere near as surprising as Hanson's inclusion. That's very interesting.

Still obviously viewed as U21 players primarily and have to earn the right to be viewed as first-teamers. There's only 24 players up there so even if we do sign a couple more players, they'll be involved and they'll play with a number simply because they have to. Last season for instance, Calero wore 27 for matchdays but trained with a number in the 40s.

For me, Bennett, Calero and Rawson's omission is nowhere near as surprising as Hanson's inclusion. That's very interesting.

I agree, I think that's actually the most exciting news out of the Squad numbers (except maybe the childish glee i get from Bent being The Rams number 10) I think Hanson did well last season when he was called upon and I'm looking forward to seeing what part he plays this year.

wait - Bucko still got number 5. Does this mean Clement might actually think he can offer something and he doesn't want rid? (mind you I dint recall him saying he wanted rid - we signed one centre half to replace white bread in the squad so that must mean Bucko is leaving)

wait - Bucko still got number 5. Does this mean Clement might actually think he can offer something and he doesn't want rid? (mind you I dint recall him saying he wanted rid - we signed one centre half to replace white bread in the squad so that must mean Bucko is leaving)

Squad numbers means nothing whether players staying or going tbh. 

I think it's simply a case of that was his number last season so he keeps it. The only players who've swapped numbers are those that have taken the number of a player who has left - e.g. Bent #10 (worn by Ward last season)

People reading too much into this.

A squad number is something that goes on the back of a players shirt. 

And that is that. It means nothing else.

The significance that I noticed was stripping Bennett of his number after four years of being named in the squad. 

Rawson and Calero also miss out. I just thought those three, including Hanson and perhaps Thomas and Ssewankambo, would be included.

I know we can add them at any point of the season, but must be hard knowing that you're not going into the season with a squad number. I imagine Bennett will feel it most after four years. 

The significance that I noticed was stripping Bennett of his number after four years of being named in the squad. 

Rawson and Calero also miss out. I just thought those three, including Hanson and perhaps Thomas and Ssewankambo, would be included.

I know we can add them at any point of the season, but must be hard knowing that you're not going into the season with a squad number. I imagine Bennett will feel it most after four years. 

I really feel that Bennett needs to have a year out on loan , with a top division 2 team or a mid to bottom division 1 team,I feel he needs games to push him on,plenty of pace and power,but not much else,in my opion he will not make the first team squad now ,unless he improves his touch and awareness.

Archived