Managing expectation 15/16

Gypsy Ram

Many of us highlighted that our expectation for automatic promotion was one of the reason why pressure played it's part and we capitulated. 

Many expected us to storm the league last season and we didn't.

So now, what is the minimum you would take from the coming season with the new management team and all the new players we are bringing in? 

League winners, automatics or a play off position. Where do you think we will finish and would that added expectation add more pressure on our team?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did anyone expect us to storm the league last season? Am not quite sure where you got that from.

With the amount of money we are spending both on players and wages coupled with the fact that we already had a strong squad of players, automatics have to be the target.

No play-offs and Clement will rightly have his P45. Anybody with even the slightest management experience could lead this group to a play-off place.

Surely after the investment we have seen so far and that to be rumoured....anything less than playoffs would be devastating!...... The only thing that concerns me is that we are in a league where anything can happen and anybody can beat anybody :-/...... 

Surely after the investment we have seen so far and that to be rumoured....anything less than playoffs would be devastating!...... The only thing that concerns me is that we are in a league where anything can happen and anybody can beat anybody :-/...... 

The only reason anybody can beat anybody is because of the lack of quality.

Any side with quality will walk this league and that has been proven in the past.

The only reason anybody can beat anybody is because of the lack of quality.

Any side with quality will walk this league and that has been proven in the past.

Yeah maybe your right mcsilks..... And i agree, however, Fulham last year had quality, as did Cardiff!.......And arguably So did Wigan and Brighton following their playoff campaigns the season before last..... 

But yeah, like you say, look at Leicester a few years back, they had the quality and it showed.

Yeah maybe your right mcsilks..... And i agree, however, Fulham last year had quality, as did Cardiff!.......And arguably So did Wigan and Brighton following their playoff campaigns the season before last..... 

But yeah, like you say, look at Leicester a few years back, they had the quality and it showed.

I was thinking of Reading of a good few years ago when I wrote the reply.

Playoffs minimum, probably set by the board too. However, I just want a good season.

It's always going to be a transitional one, new head coach, new backroom team, 5 new players already with more rumoured* to be on the way..

I expect some losses, some draws, some wins - but as long as we're going about it the right way I'll be happy.

Automatics.

With the investment we've seen and the calibre of players that are being brought in, we should be getting promoted this season. If we sign Ince and Bridcutt, we have one of the, if not the, strongest squads in the league. Added to this, a world class coach at the helm and automatics seem very realistic.

The squad we will start 15/16 with is far stronger than the squad we had in 13/14. If they could finish 3rd, there's no reason we shouldn't finish top 2.

Playoffs minimum, probably set by the board too. However, I just want a good season.

It's always going to be a transitional one, new head coach, new backroom team, 5 new players already with more rumoured* to be on the way..

I expect some losses, some draws, some wins - but as long as we're going about it the right way I'll be happy.

This.

This. There needs to be progress.

Five year plan,Next level.New phase,The board have put their trust in Sam rush to change the clubs future..

Now Mel has come on board and the spending power of the club as increased ,in transfer fees and wages.

Like most derby fans ,i like to think that providing the club shows progress we will get there.

This is now year 6 of a five year plan,and yes expectations are high.

For me top 6 minimum,automatic expected,But i will not expect a easy ride.

Sam rush and the board have made some big decisions in the last two years,and derby fans have supported the changes

The next two years are massive for the club

I think the expectation at present is automatics, but that may change as we see how other teams invest over the coming weeks.  If Burnley and QPR (who already have promotion-worthy squads), and also Hull spend astutely, there are no guarantees to say we would make the top two.  I would like to see in the top four, but obviously play-offs has to, and will be, the minimum epxetced of this strong squad.

Top 6 will be the target and looking at the squad it is possible.

With luck, no teething problems and no injuries or suspensions I can see this season being the one where we go up.

being Champions would be a dream come true, never seen an open top bus tour of the Rams.

Archived