Fixtures

MrsRam

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every year for at least the last 20.

There is one area of Blackpool that is a bit dodgy (Queen Street, Talbot Square, North Pier) because it attracts the riff-raff, people getting tanked up in Ma Kellys and the other dives in the area which seem to attract the low-lifes. We always stay out towards the South Pier, a few hundred yards from the Promenade, and I have not witnessed a single incident of any note in all that time.

Perhaps you have the misfortune to be a thicko-magnet?

Maybe so , not been for a while , last time I went there was a pitched battle in and around Yates , during happy hour , on a Sunday :D 

Euro 2016 play offs finish in October.  Could be friendlies, I suppose?

Incorrect.

International duty in March. We got Germany away

August is going to be a key month for us, ideally we'd get 10-15 points out of those first five. September is a beast, Preston and MK Dons were scoring for fun last season and can't be taken lightly, and we always lose to Burnley.

Everyone saying November is a tough month, that will depend hugely on how QPR and Cardiff add to their squad. Could be two very easy or very difficult games. 

Looking forward to November 7th, first East Midlands Derby for both managers, both will really want the win, could be a classic.

Interestingly, we had 7 back-to-back away games last season (more than anybody else) and this season we've got 6. In 2013/14 we only had 4.

Sheff Wed for instance had 4 last season and 4 again this season.

I can't help but feel so many back-to-back away games derail the opportunity to string wins together and get on good form. What are the chances of winning back away games on the spin? Not likely.

We got royally fecked over in this regard last season and not much better this year.

Interestingly, we had 7 back-to-back away games last season (more than anybody else) and this season we've got 6. In 2013/14 we only had 4.

I can't help but feel so many back-to-back away games derail the opportunity to string wins together and get on good form. What are the chances of winning back away games on the spin? Not likely.

We got royally fecked over in this regard last season and not much better this year.

On the other side of it, we've got six back-to-back home games. 

Not that any of it should matter, with our team we'll piss it home or away! :ph34r::D

The fixture computers a F*rest fan

On the other side of it, we've got six back-to-back home games. 

Not that any of it should matter, with our team we'll piss it home or away! :ph34r::D

I'd much rather have like in 2013/14 - patterns of home and away.

One month last season (I think it was March) we had four away games and just two home games - that's totally unfair, a crucial part of the season and we were forced to travel four times.

Such patterns can derail us. On average the better teams will only win 11-13 away games (Us and Burnley won 11 in 2013/14, Boro won 10 last season/Bournemouth 13 to give you an idea) 

So it's around a 50% hit rate. So any time there are back-to-back games, chances are you won't win them both. And when you have that six or seven times a season, it makes it almost impossible to string four of five wins on the spin.

I remember posting about the same subject this time last season.....seriously how hard can it be.... we play at home one Saturday thenthe following Saturday we are away.....and repeat until the end of the season....!

You dont think that the league know that if they make sure everyone has back to back away and back to back home games all the time that it will condence the league because no one will get a reall good run going and therefore make it more exicting like last year..??

Back-to-back away games are so tough considering:

- We come off an energy-sapping win (Watford away last season) and have to travel again (Leeds).

- We come off a disappointing loss (Fulham) and have to pick ourselves up for another away game (Brighton).

Having back-to-back away games so often is tough. There is nothing good about it, there are no advantages to be had. At least in a HAHAHA (home-away) pattern it's less travelling, less energy-sapping and easier to build momentum.

After a tough win at Watford, how much better would Leeds (H) be than a tough trip away? Or after losing at Fulham, what better way to get your confidence up with a home game vs Brighton?

I don't understand who decides the fitures like this? As Mues says, what's so difficult about arranging home-away patterns - or at least keep it to a mimumin of three or four back-to-back away games like Sheff Wed have.

Impossible to judge what will be easy or hard games at this stage. I reckon we should just give 110% and take each game as it comes and we'll be just fine.

Only grumble is that I don't really like home games on boxing day, as me going to the match takes up the whole day and I like boxing day just to chill with the family after all the entertaining of visitors the day before.

For each pair of back-to-back away games, there has to be an equal number of pairs of back-to-back home games with one exception - if you start and end the season with both at home or both away then there will be one more pair or one less pair respectively.

If back-to-back away games are tougher, then by the same definition back-to-back home games are easier.

Swings and roundabouts in my book.

just for information I've hidden the post with the full fixture list. Websites need a license to show fixtures in full (even forums).

Luckily I grabbed it earlier.

Archived