Fixtures

MrsRam

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Impossible to judge what will be easy or hard games at this stage. I reckon we should just give 110% and take each game as it comes and we'll be just fine.

l spotted 4 football clichés in that one sentence alone. Excellent work Wolfie :)

For each pair of back-to-back away games, there has to be an equal number of pairs of back-to-back home games with one exception - if you start and end the season with both at home or both away then there will be one more pair or one less pair respectively.

If back-to-back away games are tougher, then by the same definition back-to-back home games are easier.

Swings and roundabouts in my book.

I don't think it works like that Eddie.

Last season we never won more than three games on the spin, and I feel a large part of this was because our fourth game came off the back of another away game - such as the Watford - Leeds.

In that run, if we had Home - Watford (A) - Home - Leeds (A) we'd be far fresher for the Leeds away game than what we were last season where we'd come off the back of an energy-sapping away game at Watford.

Last season we did have six back-to.back home games, but it always made the fourth part of that run harder and as I mentioned earlier, we were one of the only teams to have a ridiculous run of four away games in six - especially at such a crucial stage of the season.

I know all the fixtures are the same, but it's easier to recover from away losses or dropped points in a draw with an ensuing home game. Having to play another away again straight after makes it far tougher.

Regardless of when the home games are played, all championship teams will be aiming for wins so whether you play just the one match or two, three in succession you'd be going for wins.

Last season we started with Rotherham (H), Sheff Wed (A), Charlton (A), Fulham (H), Ipswich (H), Forest (A) and took nine points. If we had gone Rotherham (H), Wed (A), Fulham (H), Charlton (A), Ipswich (H), Forest (A) I reckon we would have been far fresher and more confident heading in to that Charlton (A).

Not only did we have back-to-back away games, but often in the space of three or four days. That IMO is ridiculous.

Bristol for the seaside????

its a good city, but I doubt the locals would be recommending a paddle around on the Avon mudflats.

Mind, I'm pee'd off Brizzle is on a Tuesday as it might be a stretch too far to get from London and then back to South Hants. Haven't been to Ashton Gate since the '90's.....

Obviously not Brizzle itself. Clevedon? Weston?

Boro is a good seaside one as it's got Whitby et al on it's doorstep.

Brizzle itself's a great place to spend a day or two anyway. We will shack up at Watford for the Charlton game, then on the Sunday nip along the M4 to Keynsham (where my son is moving to from Hotwells next month), then we'll spend a couple of days chez the lad, take in the match and head home on the Wednesday.

Brizzle itself's a great place to spend a day or two anyway. We will shack up at Watford for the Charlton game, then on the Sunday nip along the M4 to Keynsham (where my son is moving to from Hotwells next month), then we'll spend a couple of days chez the lad, take in the match and head home on the Wednesday.

Agreed.

Can imagine this being an unpopular opinion, but I would love to play Forest on at home on a Tuesday/Friday night.The game where Barker got injured/Buxton last minute winner,atmosphere was immense for what was a poor game until Bucko scored.

Can imagine this being an unpopular opinion, but I would love to play Forest on at home on a Tuesday/Friday night.The game where Barker got injured/Buxton last minute winner,atmosphere was immense for what was a poor game until Bucko scored.

I second that.

Gumps at night are always brilliant for atmosphere.

Portishead might be the local place. Dunno really - I rarely make it further than the Whiteladies Road.

Very few genuine seaside trips now that we've lost Bournemouth and Blackpool. Brighton about it.

Archived