New goalkeeper

oldtimeram

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am I in the minority thinking we need a new goalkeeper?  Any suggestions as to who we should be going for and are there any whispers coming from within the club regarding a replacement for Coco?

I think we should go for Cech mate. You could actually get him in 4 moves.

I like Roos but not given the chance so there is always that feeling will he step up? Grant only came back with the rest of the team remember when they all got loads of clean sheets.. Then them god damn naughty rumours came along.

Grant saved us far more than he lost us. 

​Yes he did, but ain't that what keepers are supposed to do? And surely keeper shouldn't be responsible to goals conceded so many times as he did last season?

Grant suffered from a crisis of confidence towards the end of the season, exacerbated by the same crisis of confidence 20 yards in front of him. He showed earlier in the season what he can do and so that's why I hope a new coach & clean slate will be good for all of the defence. No need to get rid IMO.

Clement:

"A big thing for me in the next couple of weeks is to review some of the past games – the games when the team played well and games when they didn't play well, and were up against it.

"I want to see who the characters were, look through the stats and do a lot of research to make sure I have a good understanding of what we have.

As a manager or player (why not as a fan too) I would like to have a keeper who I could trust when the going gets tough.

Grant suffered from a crisis of confidence towards the end of the season, exacerbated by the same crisis of confidence 20 yards in front of him. He showed earlier in the season what he can do and so that's why I hope a new coach & clean slate will be good for all of the defence. No need to get rid IMO.

​doesn't bode well for the prem though does it.  When we get promoted his confidence will be challenged like never beofre

Am I in the minority thinking we need a new goalkeeper?  Any suggestions as to who we should be going for and are there any whispers coming from within the club regarding a replacement for Coco?

​Id take Marshall in a swap/cash deal if JR is to go Cardiff.

​doesn't bode well for the prem though does it.  When we get promoted his confidence will be challenged like never beofre

​I'm not saying that he'd be first choice once we're in the Prem but he should be good enough to get us there. I just think we've got bigger priorities to sort out at the moment and we can cross this bridge if and when we go up.

​​doesn't bode well for the prem though does it.  When we get promoted his confidence will be challenged like never beofre

not disputing that really, just that I need to see him have an impressive season to feel that he has any longer term future with us

Archived