Will huges. Is he really that gud?

Mostyn6

Will Hughes is over rated. Sell him 

He slows everything down and is probably the reason we ballsed up promotion. 

I think he doesn't contribute much to the actual result, which is the most important thing. 

I Think they're are lesser rated players that are, were and will be more vital. 

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How have I not seen it all these years... You're absolutely spot on!

All that neat and intricate play, bringing other players into the fold and keeping the ball excellently is actually detrimental to our overall play!

You've opened my eyes Mostyn

:ph34r:

Will Hughes is over rated. Sell him 

He slows everything down and is probably the reason we ballsed up promotion. 

I think he doesn't contribute much to the actual result, which is the most important thing. 

I Think they're are lesser rated players that are, were and will be more vital. 

Interesting post. Actually I am not sure he is overrated any more; the hype surrounding him has certainly reduced over the last 12 months (outside of Derby). I wouldn't agree on 2 other matters:-

1) he clearly was nowhere near culpable for our promotion failing

2) it would be the wrong time to sell, and I think Hendrick remains the right one to sell if we need to keep everything square on the FFP front and we are going to buy a number of new players.

Still under 20, and with a new coach, the next 2 years will be interesting for our Will.  He does need to start contributing a lot lot more, and become more "vital" to our success, and by way of examples not turn out in his peak years as the 'next' David Bentley or Franny Jeffers.

He's a genius.

Sees a way bigger picture than your average Champ midfielder. The perfect teammate is the one that can make the right pass at the right time and not put you in the pooh. 

Like Dawkins he lacks killer instinct. He wants to give it to the best possible player in the best possible position so they can risk possession by making the final killer pass/cross/shot. 

But still, if they had that then they wouldn't be playing for Derby imo. 

Hughes = Albino Xavi

Dawkins = Black Iniesta

Martin = Fat Zlatan

Thorne = Handsome Busquets

Archived