Kenny Burns article on McClaren and Clough

Curtains

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's embarrassing when we all bite. I'd have good money on him scouring the Derby forums and websites and seeing the reactions to his articles, and he's probably chuckling to himself at his desk. Why do we always make it so easy for him?

Fair play to him, he's good at what he does.

I think it's embarrassing when we all bite. I'd have good money on him scouring the Derby forums and websites and seeing the reactions to his articles, and he's probably chuckling to himself at his desk. Why do we always make it so easy for him?

Fair play to him, he's good at what he does.

​He can't write ,what makes you think he can use the tinterweb?

It has been a bad few weeks for managers as the season ends, including those with Nottingham Forest connections.

McClaren was sacked by Derby and former player  Nigel Clough was given his marching orders by Sheffield United.

I think McClaren can count himself unlucky. It's been intimated that the talk of him going to Newcastle was a distraction which cost them promotion.

That should be nonsense. It shouldn't affect players  at all.

These players are paid good money to play  for a big club. The fact is they've choked for two years now when promotion has been in their hands. They've let the manager and the club down.

Now you are looking at Paul Clement coming in as the new boss having previously been Real Madrid number two.

From Real Madrid to Derby County. What a come down that is! It's like going from Forest to Ilkeston.

I'm not so sure Nigel was unlucky to get sacked by Sheffield United. He did great in the cups, but the league is the bread and butter and they've not won promotion.

I'm friends with a Sheffield United fan and he tells me the supporters weren't convinced.

They went to Swindon in the play-offs, scored five goals in the second leg and lost. When that happens it's not right.

There are times when I don't get clubs getting rid of their manager. Sam Allardyce was sacked by West Ham ten seconds after the final whistle went against Newcastle.

That was poor. He'd done a good job but it seems they wanted a foreign coach , as so many clubs do.

I don't get that. There are some great up and coming British managers out there.

Look at Alex Neil at Norwich or Mark Warburton at Brentford. He took them to the play-offs and got the sack.

Brentford in the Championship  play-offs, come off it. They won't go close next year.

Read more: http://www.nottinghampost.com/Kenny-Burns-column-Forest-boss-McClaren-let-Derby/story-26602655-detail/story.html#ixzz3bp4pUAkI 
Follow us: @Nottingham_Post on Twitter | NottinghamPostOnline on Facebook

​Biggest pile of tosh in the whole article. No way does Kenny Burns have any friends.

PistoldPete2

It has been a bad few weeks for managers as the season ends, including those with Nottingham Forest connections.

McClaren was sacked by Derby and former player  Nigel Clough was given his marching orders by Sheffield United.

I think McClaren can count himself unlucky. It's been intimated that the talk of him going to Newcastle was a distraction which cost them promotion.

That should be nonsense. It shouldn't affect players  at all.

These players are paid good money to play  for a big club. The fact is they've choked for two years now when promotion has been in their hands. They've let the manager and the club down.

Now you are looking at Paul Clement coming in as the new boss having previously been Real Madrid number two.

From Real Madrid to Derby County. What a come down that is! It's like going from Forest to Ilkeston.

I'm not so sure Nigel was unlucky to get sacked by Sheffield United. He did great in the cups, but the league is the bread and butter and they've not won promotion.

I'm friends with a Sheffield United fan and he tells me the supporters weren't convinced.

They went to Swindon in the play-offs, scored five goals in the second leg and lost. When that happens it's not right.

There are times when I don't get clubs getting rid of their manager. Sam Allardyce was sacked by West Ham ten seconds after the final whistle went against Newcastle.

That was poor. He'd done a good job but it seems they wanted a foreign coach , as so many clubs do.

I don't get that. There are some great up and coming British managers out there.

Look at Alex Neil at Norwich or Mark Warburton at Brentford. He took them to the play-offs and got the sack.

Brentford in the Championship  play-offs, come off it. They won't go close next year.

Read more: http://www.nottinghampost.com/Kenny-Burns-column-Forest-boss-McClaren-let-Derby/story-26602655-detail/story.html#ixzz3bp4pUAkI 
Follow us: @Nottingham_Post on Twitter | NottinghamPostOnline on Facebook

Words come from Kenny burns mouth like liquid poo. 

Well done to warburton for getting brentford to the play off semis , how on earth did he get the sack? Clough of course deserves the sack for .. Er getting to the play off semis. 

As for real Madrid and Derby being the same gap as forest and Ilkeston, I don't know who should be more insulted Derby or Ilkeston. 

tragic spell it was...he was like an old cart horse just put out to grass......think we had him and David Webb in the same  team.......

​didn't we have an aged Roy Mac and a positively ancient Dave Watson around the same time.

I remember a newspaper quote following a match...."you could almost hear the bones creaking in the Derby defence".

average age about 70.

Derby County players in the 11v11 football database.

yep very ageing - take a look at this squad, only Steve Buckley worth anything

Stevie Powell, Archie and Bob Davison put a full season shift in. So did Dave Watson

1983-84 season statistics

Sqd Player From Position A S G P Y R
Brian Attley [(WAL)] Midfielder 14 1
Vjekoslav Banovic Goalkeeper 3 0 - -
John Barton Right back 24 0
Paul Blades [(ENG)] Defender 4 0
Steve Buckley Left back 36 0
Kenny Burns [(SCO)] Defender/Centre back 13 0
Bobby Campbell [(NIR)] Forward 12 0 4
Steve Cherry [(ENG)] Goalkeeper 45 0 - -
Bobby Davison [(ENG)] Forward 47 0 18
Eamonn Deacy [(IRL)] Full back 5 0