Kenny Burns article on McClaren and Clough

Curtains

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It has been a bad few weeks for managers as the season ends, including those with Nottingham Forest connections.

McClaren was sacked by Derby and former player  Nigel Clough was given his marching orders by Sheffield United.

I think McClaren can count himself unlucky. It's been intimated that the talk of him going to Newcastle was a distraction which cost them promotion.

That should be nonsense. It shouldn't affect players  at all.

These players are paid good money to play  for a big club. The fact is they've choked for two years now when promotion has been in their hands. They've let the manager and the club down.

Now you are looking at Paul Clement coming in as the new boss having previously been Real Madrid number two.

From Real Madrid to Derby County. What a come down that is! It's like going from Forest to Ilkeston.

I'm not so sure Nigel was unlucky to get sacked by Sheffield United. He did great in the cups, but the league is the bread and butter and they've not won promotion.

I'm friends with a Sheffield United fan and he tells me the supporters weren't convinced.

They went to Swindon in the play-offs, scored five goals in the second leg and lost. When that happens it's not right.

There are times when I don't get clubs getting rid of their manager. Sam Allardyce was sacked by West Ham ten seconds after the final whistle went against Newcastle.

That was poor. He'd done a good job but it seems they wanted a foreign coach , as so many clubs do.

I don't get that. There are some great up and coming British managers out there.

Look at Alex Neil at Norwich or Mark Warburton at Brentford. He took them to the play-offs and got the sack.

Brentford in the Championship  play-offs, come off it. They won't go close next year.

Read more: http://www.nottinghampost.com/Kenny-Burns-column-Forest-boss-McClaren-let-Derby/story-26602655-detail/story.html#ixzz3bp4pUAkI 
Follow us: @Nottingham_Post on Twitter | NottinghamPostOnline on Facebook

Clearly this bit wasn't subbed.

From Real Madrid to Derby County. What a come down that is! It's like going from Forest to Ilkeston.

Should read:

From Real Madrid to Derby County. What a come down that is! It's like going from Ilkeston to Forest.

How did we choke in the Play Off final?

"From Real Madrid to Derby County. What a come down that is! It's like going from Forest to Ilkeston"

Yeah, or Real Madrid to Forest.

Where do you live again? 

Same old tripe. Can pull it apart in seconds. Funny though

Can't help but laugh at how pathetic that man is. He's shitting it because how can he possibly write about us when we're in the Premier League?

If Forest had signed Clement as their new boss he'd be raving about how big a club they are able to attract coaches from the likes of Real Madrid.

These players are paid good money to play for a big club. The fact is they've choked for two years now when promotion has been in their hands. They've let the manager and the club down. id wager that forest's players are on even better money than ours... if we've choked then forest must have full on imploded

From Real Madrid to Derby County. What a come down that is! It's like going from Forest to Ilkeston.  you mean like going from ilkeston to forest?

There are times when I don't get clubs getting rid of their manager. Sam Allardyce was sacked by West Ham ten seconds after the final whistle went against Newcastle. Wasn't sacked, his contract was expiring,,,

That was poor. He'd done a good job but it seems they wanted a foreign coach , as so many clubs do.  Yes we want a foreign coach, thats why weve gone and hired a coach who is ENGLISH

I don't get that. There are some great up and coming British managers out there. like dougie freedman :ph34r: 

Look at Alex Neil at Norwich or Mark Warburton at Brentford. He took them to the play-offs and got the sack. Again, contract expired not sacked

Brentford in the Championship  play-offs, come off it. They won't go close next year. closer than forest will

Archived