The 1884 Group

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

watch from the beginning - imagine these lyrics instead..

we are derby,
We are deeeerby,
Loyal supporterrrrrs,
we are hereeeee.
we are deeeerby,
loyal supporters,
we are derby,
we are the raaaams.

we are derby,
We are deeeerby,
Loyal supporterrrrrs,
we are hereeeee.
we are deeeerby,
loyal supporters,
we are derby,
we are the raaaams.

La la laa
la laa laaaaa
la la la
la la laaa
la la la la laaa
we are derby
we are the raaaams.

repeat. :D

Don't we already use this tune?

We are Derby, we are Derby, Super Derby, Super Rams.

I really like this, would be awesome if the whole south stand sang it and yes the whole stand, im talking about you lower west south standers, I see you with your mouths closed...  

ok this didnt quote the right thing for some reason. @Sam_DCFC_1994 i was on about your link

Yeah it was but i think this song is better suited for a possible unofficial anthem type, a bit like Delilah for S***e.

Only reason I envy them... and for getting to the prem and for staying there and for playing all over Europe and for doing well in the cups and for having better beer and chips. 

As long as I see Derby top of the Midlands before I go...

Only reason I envy them... and for getting to the prem and for staying there and for playing all over Europe and for doing well in the cups and for having better beer and chips. 

As long as I see Derby top of the Midlands before I go...

WUM

Better beer my arse.

wanted to let you know that I will be going on Radio Derby tomorrow to talk about our plans and progress so far.

Will be the Breakfast Show so if you are awake with nothing to do between 7.30am and 8am, give us a listen!!

I take it you'll be getting the Breakfast Pies in for everyone?.....Good lad. 

And make sure you get them to play The Wedding Present

http://youtu.be/mgFiIZ-UUnQ

Just wanted to let you know that I will be going on Radio Derby tomorrow to talk about our plans and progress so far.

Will be the Breakfast Show so if you are awake with nothing to do between 7.30am and 8am, give us a listen!!

maybe you'd like to tell everyone who the group consists of?  I noticed the very first post on this thread you said it was nowt to do with you?

Ive looked at the donations site and there's nothing on there either? Who are the people behind this great idea?

i assume there's more than you judging by some comments I've read on here?  

Expose yersens! Lol!

maybe you'd like to tell everyone who the group consists of?  I noticed the very first post on this thread you said it was nowt to do with you?

Ive looked at the donations site and there's nothing on there either? Who are the people behind this great idea?

Expose yersens! Lol!

This confused me too, he said hes not the account holder but he seems to be pulling the strings. I sense a plot to destroy the jedi!!!!

Expose yersens! Lol!

ha! Nothing sinister I promise!

One guy set up the twitter account when I originally posted. I was only just starting to get involved at that point.

since then, I've taken a more active role, setting up the websites, arranging meetings and communicating on here.

there's now 4 of us coordinating things at the moment, working with other groups like Punjabi rams, dcfc podcast and Nick Webster, plus a few others.

none of us are anyone special, just interested in dcfc and willing to try and attempt something different!

Happy to answer any questions by pm if you really want to know who I am!!

ha! Nothing sinister I promise!

One guy set up the twitter account when I originally posted. I was only just starting to get involved at that point.

since then, I've taken a more active role, setting up the websites, arranging meetings and communicating on here.

there's now 4 of us coordinating things at the moment, working with other groups like Punjabi rams, dcfc podcast and Nick Webster, plus a few others.

none of us are anyone special, just interested in dcfc and willing to try and attempt something different!

Happy to answer any questions by pm if you really want to know who I am!!

What would be good to know is a breakdown of exactly how the initial £800 quid will be spent?

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for what you're doing, and hope it goes well with Mr Vicars tomorrow, but for me the details seem a bit wooly, I'd be more inclined to donate if I could see who's running it, what the costs are etc.

If you answer these sort of questions, I'm pretty sure you'll achieve what you're aiming for quickly, it's a good thing you and your group are doing, just needs a bit more transparency, thats all.

Yeah. I can see the potential for The 1884 Group (in receivership) appearing on the same court papers as Nottingham Forest Football Club.  Would the Flag then pass to The 1884 Group (2016) Ltd?  I want Ramblur at the very least validating the Memorandum & Articles, and a full business plan is a minimum that we should all be able to view too. Not that I am overly arsed in truth.

I assume you'll say who you are on Radio Derby?

can't see a problem listing the guys behind it?

where the money gets held etc?

not going to list everyones names up to them really, but my name is Tom Erskine, you can find out more about me on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc if you want, I'm not that interesting though!!!

As for the donations, it operates through gofundme.com which is similar to just giving, but not just for charities. It's downloaded weekly to a PayPal account and held there until used for purchasing stock.

like I said, none of us are trying to make names for ourselves, just thought we'd test the water and see how things went. So far it's very positive.

this is approximate due to exchange rates, delivery costs and stock availability! Some of it comes from abroad.

Phase 1 Costs
5000 A5 double-sided leaflets            £76.79 
3000 9x9cm Stickers                       £51.03   
110 2m conduit pipes                      £78.10   
Duct tape                                         £6.99        
Rivet kit                                              £14.99    
Rivets                                                £6.39        
1000  balloons                                £59.40  
300 streamers                                 £152.33    
50 5ftx3ft black flags                     £171
50 5ftx3ft white flags                     £171     
Ultras Shop Delivery                       £18.56