Expectations of the new coach

​Clough inherited a quite simply awful squad at a time when stability was the key. That was his remit. He did his job which was to stabilize DCFC, For that, he was given time.

You simply cannot compare the two.

Clement will be joining a club with one of the better Championship players and will likely be given money to improve that.

Whoever takes over DCFC, I will expect top 6 and if that is not the case next May, expect most fans to be asking some questions as to why.

​First two seasons I agree, however after that he was given time and money to spend. That's the one thing I really liked from the club that they wasn't trigger happy and gave managers time. I want to see Clement given time as well, I'm not talking 4 seasons to get us up as the foundations are there, but this season coming up I think expectations should be eased off and allow him to build his team. 

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like I said your good at this but QPR players are out in your world. 

​Seriously Curtains from this day on lets agree not to quote each other, we clearly live on different planets and you give me a headache trying to understand what on earth you are talking about, feel like I'm chasing a point around that I'll never catch or understand where it's coming from like a cat and a laser pen. Let's live a peaceful life outside each others notification box.

For me,-

If its PC, who is a fabulous coach at a higher level, but with this comes pressure at this level because of expectations.

The defence needs sorting ASAP

If we do get Bent and Ince that will be massive boost - if not we need suitable replacements of the same caliber

The overall squad does need improving, so if we do get injuries again we have quality in depth as replacement

Great football on the pitch

And automatic promotion, he has to go one better than Mac......

I am expecting too much?

​Seriously Curtains from this day on lets agree not to quote each other, we clearly live on different planets and you give me a headache trying to understand what on earth you are talking about, feel like I'm chasing a point around that I'll never catch or understand where it's coming from like a cat and a laser pen. Let's live a peaceful life outside each others notification box.

Ok mate I'm happy with that. Xxx

My expectations of the new coach is that it;

1) Will get the team to matches in good time.

2) Has an improved MPG compared to the current one- so that we become more environmentally friendly.

3) Shows films with Spanish subtitles.

4) Has at least faux leather seats. 

I don't expect Clement to copy McClarens tactics or style of football. 

​Tactics no, style of football yes.

One of the main reasons McClaren was such a success was because his style of football was a tweaked style of Clough's.

One the reasons Swansea are what they arse is because Martinez, Sousa, Rodgers, Laudrup and Monk all shared similar philosophies. 

For me, the core style of football must remain a constant. 

​Tactics no, style of football yes.

One of the main reasons McClaren was such a success was because his style of football was a tweaked style of Clough's.

One the reasons Swansea are what they arse is because Martinez, Sousa, Rodgers, Laudrup and Monk all shared similar philosophies. 

For me, the core style of football must remain a constant. 

Successful teams have gone up with different styles that were not as pretty on the eye, don't get me wrong I've loved the pretty football and hearing pundits praise us but we're still in the Championship. I wouldn't be against a change of style that brought in players who were up for a scrap. Not Joey Barton and his ABH style scrap but we were too soft and nicey nicey at times.

Will back Paul Clement all the way.

League Champions

FA Cup winner

League Cup winner

League points record

League scoring record of 100 please

;)

No the season is 46 games right .

No, the season is at least 48 games, right. 

Or maybe take a look at what has been quoted with the post and if you are still struggling to grasp what Gritstone and myself meant comeback and ask nicely to explain, and I can go through it with you.

No, the season is at least 48 games, right. 

Or maybe take a look at what has been quoted with the post and if you are still struggling to grasp what Gritstone and myself meant comeback and ask nicely to explain, and I can go through it with you.

No because i don't like you

I've no idea what to expect - not least because we've heard nothing from the new coach yet.

however......after a brief honeymoon i think he will have a job to get us back into the groove and not play like we did for the last ten games.

successful management is about:

recruitment

man management 

motivation

preparation

ability to respond under pressure 

......being a former PE teacher isn't necessarily much help.

the pressure will mount pretty quickly 

​First two seasons I agree, however after that he was given time and money to spend. That's the one thing I really liked from the club that they wasn't trigger happy and gave managers time. I want to see Clement given time as well, I'm not talking 4 seasons to get us up as the foundations are there, but this season coming up I think expectations should be eased off and allow him to build his team. 

​He has the team. it may not be his team but we know that it is a team capable of challenging in this league.

I would hate to think that we have to go through yet another long and lengthy rebuilding process.

I'm sorry Daveo, but there is simply no way that our board would be giving somebody that type of contract if they were expecting him to have to build his team.

Clement must be thinking his lucky stars at the opportunity he has been presented with. A team full of players who are more than capable with very little tinkering to do.

All they require is a decent shape, he needs to learn his best eleven and to make sure he has a plan B.

If we are not in the premiership within 2 seasons at the very most, I would expect he'll receive his marching orders.

Keep the passing philosophy, but bring back the freedom of attack at least at home we had in the 13/14 season. Sometimes felt this past season that the full backs and the midfielders didn't quite have the freedom to go forwards in my eyes. Almost definitely strengthen and organise the defence for the love of ****. 

For me finishing below 8th would be a failure, but I always like to give a new man at least one season which is why I have gone with a low expectation of not necessarily finishing in the top 6. But I do believe with the squad and if we strengthen, we will finish top 6 as long as the defence is sorted.

I certainly won't be calling for Clements head unless we finish like 20th and play horrible football, but I don't see that happening.

Archived